Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski county 32 Rockcastle county 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't even know where to start on this one. Congrats to PC on the win. I'm pretty upset on how things played out. This game was closer then the score shows. Rockcastle defense played great. Rock lead 6-0 at half after getting stopped on the 1 as time expired. Pc would take a 12-6 lead late in the 3rd. And was all down hill from there. Pc scored with 9 minutes 4th 18-6, Rock would answer with passing Td 18-13. Pc would score again with 5:18 to go 25-13. Then pc had a pic 6 with 3 to go 32-13. As bad as I want him to succeed Scott Parkey can't coach under pressure. Time after time clock management and lack of urgency killes Rock in big games. When rock gets behind he just shuts down. But that's not really get me. What got me was A coach does not stick up for his players. For example Rock QB got took out very late and Parkey just sits there and watches it happen. There was a flag but kid should have been ejected. Several moments I felt like he should be in the refs ear, and he just looks lost. Hopefully things get better but its like a broken record any time rock plays a team that's as talented we lose. That really sucks because those senior group is really good.
Very hard to watch that game play out. It reminded me of the way i felt after the Wayne ciunty game last year felt like we let it slip. Congrats to PC
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I don't even know where to start on this one. Congrats to PC on the win. I'm pretty upset on how things played out. This game was closer then the score shows. Rockcastle defense played great. Rock lead 6-0 at half after getting stopped on the 1 as time expired. Pc would take a 12-6 lead late in the 3rd. And was all down hill from there. Pc scored with 9 minutes 4th 18-6, Rock would answer with passing Td 18-13. Pc would score again with 5:18 to go 25-13. Then pc had a pic 6 with 3 to go 32-13. As bad as I want him to succeed Scott Parkey can't coach under pressure. Time after time clock management and lack of urgency killes Rock in big games. When rock gets behind he just shuts down. But that's not really get me. What got me was A coach does not stick up for his players. For example Rock QB got took out very late and Parkey just sits there and watches it happen. There was a flag but kid should have been ejected. Several moments I felt like he should be in the refs ear, and he just looks lost. Hopefully things get better but its like a broken record any time rock plays a team that's as talented we lose. That really sucks because those senior group is really good.

Game means nothing Rock... Hard to defend the states leading wide reciever in Kentucky history all game.... It's a bragging right game and means nothing.,, you learn more from losses than wins...
Rock could have had this one. It makes me sad. Lets get ready for next week.
I came away from this one thinking Rock was over rated. Good team but with flaws that will be hard to overcome.
I thought PC would win this one but they put it on the Rock in this one
Rock has got to regroup and get ready for the next one. Pulaski proving they are still a pretty good football team. Warriors why don't you come out and plaaay?
Rick had their chances but couldn't get into the endzone

Defense played so good for so long

Dang Jake Johnson
It all started with that punt return and pulaski got momentum. Plus 5 turnovers killed the rocks chances. Close game up until the end.
I can give a honest opinion on this game, I assure everyone I couldn't care less who won. If these 2 teams played again PC would win by 40, not because PC is that good but because Rock is not a threat to throw the ball. Yes, Rock rushed it effectively early, but when PC took a safety out and replaced him with another big body around the line of scrimmage it was game over. So if they played again PC would sell out to stop the run probably holding Rock to 6 points or less and as long as PC has #2 and #33 their going to score points especially against teams in this area. Rock is a pretty good team, but if you're going to take the next step, when teams play 8 or 9 people around the line of scrimmage to stop the run you have to make them pay thru the air. Can't wait, October 21st. PC at Southwestern, early prediction SW 20 PC 13.
Trophy Room Wrote:I can give a honest opinion on this game, I assure everyone I couldn't care less who won. If these 2 teams played again PC would win by 40, not because PC is that good but because Rock is not a threat to throw the ball. Yes, Rock rushed it effectively early, but when PC took a safety out and replaced him with another big body around the line of scrimmage it was game over. So if they played again PC would sell out to stop the run probably holding Rock to 6 points or less and as long as PC has #2 and #33 their going to score points especially against teams in this area. Rock is a pretty good team, but if you're going to take the next step, when teams play 8 or 9 people around the l ine of scrimmage to stop the run you have to make them pay thru the air. Can't wait, October 21st. PC at Southwestern, early prediction SW 20 PC 13.
I disagree. 5 minutes left in the 3rd and Pulaski had negative offensive yards for the game. Rocks defense came to play. If this game was played in one PCs famous mud bowl games when speeds not a factor, Rock wins. Not impressed with Pulaski in this one but hats off. They found a way to win. Special teams carried PC against Harlan Co and Rock.
Final score affected by Rock trying to play catch up. Rock defense too stingy to give up 40,much less lose by 40. Rock held to 6 in first half with the help of a really nice punt followed by a terrible fumble call. Pulaski won but by no means dominated the game.