Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup County 33 Lawrence County 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
Congrats to Greenup! LC played way too sloppy to keep up with Greenup in this game. Greenup's defense played great as advertised, good luck with the rest of the season.
Congrats to Greenup.
Congrats to greenup! The dawgs have a rough two weeks with raceland and belfry rolling in. The boys play hard and give everything they have. Proud of you boys
Youth and inexperience will just about always show through in football when your playing a team who has senior experience. Things are probably going to look very ugly the next few weeks and I just hope we stay healthy. Believe it or not but I would say this years Belfry team is the best in their history. I've said it all year that this young Bulldog team is playing pretty good football and we got some young talent but this is a rebuilding year. In my opinion we are getting the coaching in place and we have the young talent in place and more coming to go on a big run in a season or two. After this season Belfry will loose an epic team especially those huge talented lines they have. This district will be more competitive next season and we will be better with some experience next season. Like I said everyone better get us while they can this year because in a few seasons I think you will see a competitive program in Lawrence County again.
I've said it this since JC beat Greenup County out in the playoffs last year..... this will be the district standings come playoff time.

JC - 1st
Greenup County - 2nd
Boyd County - 3rd
Ashland Blazer - 4th
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I've said it this since JC beat Greenup County out in the playoffs last year..... this will be the district standings come playoff time.

JC - 1st
Greenup County - 2nd
Boyd County - 3rd
Ashland Blazer - 4th
Looks about right to me.
Congrats to GC on their first win vs LC since 2008.

I see GC at 7-3 to finish the regular season; however, I see Ashland defeating Boyd County.

I see the district standings as

1) JC
2) GC
3) Ashland
4) Boyd County
5) East Carter
6) Rowan County
LC just could not move the ball Friday night. GC defense is for real.
I felt that we moved the ball just fine but every time we got down near the red zone we shot ourselves in the foot with fumbled snaps and penalties. I know there were at least 5 fumbles in that game where the the qb bobbled and dropped the ball.Nervousness or just mishandled snaps I dunno but those and penalties put the offense behind the 8 ball which was drive killers against Greenup's defense which was already tough. Inexperience is the main thing for LC this season. We have plenty of talented players but just not a lot of players that have had varsity experience before this year. These next 2 games will be the toughest but if we can get through without major injuries I think the Dawgs have a good shot at coming out with a .500 season which would be great building toward next year.
Good win for Greenup. First win over LC since 2008. Sounds like Greenup is getting better on offense and defense keeps playing well.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I've said it this since JC beat Greenup County out in the playoffs last year..... this will be the district standings come playoff time.

JC - 1st
Greenup County - 2nd
Boyd County - 3rd
Ashland Blazer - 4th

Reverse 3 & 4.