Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paris 28 Middlesboro 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Congrats to Paris
Middlesboros coaches cost them tonight
I can't believe that....:yikes::yikes:
Middlesboro came out strong in the I formation which i think they shouldve been running all year but thats just me and smacked paris in the mouth where paris struggled to stop it all night so in the 4th quarter when its 4th and 5 and instead of running it down paris throat or running a play action pass play (which they ran earlier in the game and had a reciever wide open and the ball went off of his hands for an incomplete pass..story of mboros pitiful recievers i know) they decide to run a quick pitch play on 4th and 5 to keep the drive alive to win..good on you there mr OC because you really blew it for them..with the athletes they have they should be doing much better than 1-4
Thats a ridiculous statement. They had a lot of success with the quick pitch all night. Looked like they almost broke that one. Hard fought game. frustrating to lose a close one. Keep fighting jackets!
GOAT96 Wrote:Middlesboro came out strong in the I formation which i think they shouldve been running all year but thats just me and smacked paris in the mouth where paris struggled to stop it all night so in the 4th quarter when its 4th and 5 and instead of running it down paris throat or running a play action pass play (which they ran earlier in the game and had a reciever wide open and the ball went off of his hands for an incomplete pass..story of mboros pitiful recievers i know) they decide to run a quick pitch play on 4th and 5 to keep the drive alive to win..good on you there mr OC because you really blew it for them..with the athletes they have they should be doing much better than 1-4
Middlesboro is not an I formation team at all. The I is a power formation and that is not a word I would use to describe middlesboro.
Just a suggestion if we are going to change offense up a bit. Most all of you guys ran split back veer. With our line down a bit and smaller , why not? You guys are right I am not a coach, just a question. It seems we are suited for it. Last night was tough pill to swallow. It was competitive and we played hard. Defense has to come up with a play.

I don't think Harlan is as good as they were last year, could get that next win next week.
Dont know how you dont see that the I wasnt working for them..? Middlesboros full back was letting Paris have it all night? And granted the quick pitch did work and they almost broke one but why call that play on a 4th and 5 for the win when you know that paris was ready for it because you ran it all night? Middlesboro has way too many athletes to be 1-4 and i dont mind what anyone thinks all of those coaches have their heads in the butts
Football in the county maybe be as bad as it has ever been.. All three schools are way down and can't beat a quality team.. Hopefully better days ahead!
Bobcat4years Wrote:Football in the county maybe be as bad as it has ever been.. All three schools are way down and can't beat a quality team.. Hopefully better days ahead!

As far as I can tell, high school football throughout the tri-state areas of Virginia and Tennessee is pretty bad too, isn't it? With Bell down, what's the next quality program heading south? Knoxville?
No difference In split back and I option is option. Didn't look like any called fullback dives to me just option reads (hint the pitch guy). Again I'm not the smartest football person either but I did play on good teams in high school and enjoy the game. Let the coaches coach and if anyone else can do better please let us know what makes you qualified and apply. We will sign you up.
Sorry Coach, I am not qualified, I do however think split back veer and I option is different. What do I know, nothing. It was just a question since all these guys played for Roark and we were very successful for years with it and Pooch is their to teach it. Sorry didn't mean to offend.

MHSPARENT I do try to do better. This is what I get.
None taken as I said before I'm no genius either. I just think 2 RB option is 2 RB option. I also played for Coach Roark with a few of these coaches. I played Tightend and linebacker in the option sets and we ran it out of a lot of sets.
Just thinking the split back set would let the off tackle or outside veer hit much quicker and line would not have to hold blocks longer. To me it splits defenses in half and they may have different reads, instead of focusing on I formation?

What has happened with this team? Is that a fair question?

Can we beat Harlan? District games will be a different animal. Then Williamsburg.
I never said call a full back dive apparantly you missed my post by a mile i said they ran the pitch and a full back dive all night i thought it wouldve been smarter to run a play action pass for a quick 5 seeings how the ONLY time mboro ran the play action pass they had a wide open reciever who just couldnt haul it in paris got burnt on the quick pitch way too many times to not be able to sniff that one out and i dont have to have any qualifications you just have to see that only a moron would run a quick pitch play when the defense is ready for the run on a fourth and five for the win
And as far as knowing Xs and Os for the OC and coaching staff of Middlesboro they sure as H3** havent proven it to me..but i guess thats why we are ALL on here right? To show our football knowledge..? Well heres some knowledge for ya when you have a team that has the athletes this team does YOU SHOULDNT BE HAVING A 1-4 RECORD..i mean i know the kids arent pro players but they are a much better team than 1-4
I agree with 50% of your statement Middlesboro shouldn't be 1-4.. But let's see who we have lost to Bell County played them tough just came up short.. Whitley County which is a 5a school and 3-1 just beating bell high this week. South Laurel another 5a school that just beat Leslie county who is probly gonna win the district on the other side of Middlesboro playoff bracket. I'm not sure how much you know about football, but I'll gladly give you a quick lesson. If your line isint very good your not going to be very good. When the line blocks someone doesn't catch it or it goes off our hands in to the hands of the defender. The county isint in any better shape then Middlesboro is in and really take a hit after this year.... So when you band wagon jumpers have no where else to jump then what? Corbin? Belfry? Lynn Camp? I mean at the end of the day no coach can play the game for the kids.... And this batch of kids around here aren't into football like the kids used to be.
With all due respect, that is where pride comes in and a coach that the kids want to play for. This batch of kids ,as you call them, the fun is gone. The coach should have scheduled better and build from that. I am trying to support this team and kids and then excuses roll out. There are none, the buck stops somewhere, why don't you tell us where? You were the one that has preached a five win or better season, explain what has gone wrong. Please don't use the , everyone is better than us. Why?
I agree the line has struggled this season and the recivers couldnt catch a cold in the rain but the call on 4th and 5 is wrong and i will stand by that until i hit the grave with that being said i think you have alot of football knowledge and i am not on here to argue just simply on here to state my opinion i think it was the wrong call middlesboro has alot of work to do
NextGeneration Wrote:With all due respect, that is where pride comes in and a coach that the kids want to play for. This batch of kids ,as you call them, the fun is gone. The coach should have scheduled better and build from that. I am trying to support this team and kids and then excuses roll out. There are none, the buck stops somewhere, why don't you tell us where? You were the one that has preached a five win or better season, explain what has gone wrong. Please don't use the , everyone is better than us. Why?

I agree whole heartedly it is hard to keep kids interested to play the game since the world has developed phones and video games and social media ETC. and they do not love the game like we did when i played so i will definitely agree with you on that one i am not on here to hate on middlesboro because i feel the players execute to the best of their abilities and thats always good to see but honestly middlesboro has not played any power house teams besides Whitley and the reason why mboro has trouble keeping kids interested in playing is because they lose..nobody wants to play for a team that goes 2-8 or 1-9 on the season you want to keep kids interested? Start winning ball games bring the kids back to being proud of playing the game instead of it being something to do because they are bored..i think mboro gets so close and then they blow it some way and friday night i think the coaches blew it not the players
NextGeneration Wrote:With all due respect, that is where pride comes in and a coach that the kids want to play for. This batch of kids ,as you call them, the fun is gone. The coach should have scheduled better and build from that. I am trying to support this team and kids and then excuses roll out. There are none, the buck stops somewhere, why don't you tell us where? You were the one that has preached a five win or better season, explain what has gone wrong. Please don't use the , everyone is better than us. Why?

Sorry this was meant for Trashtalker, not in a negative way, just wanted to know what he thought, or mhsparent, jacket pride or even jacketmadness98 and intimadator. What is the cause? I personally think it is scheduling and lack of knowledge to what others were going to be like as compared to the evaluation of our on team.
You guys put 4 Class A teams on your schedule and it is to hard of a schedule?
Two 5A schools should not be on there. All I am saying.
Got to get a win next week
So tired of the "well they are a 5A school and we are a 2A or 3A school" that excuse is a joke..the team I played for was a MUCH lower A than the schools we played and we still gave them all they wanted..the A caliber is a joke look at Big 5A Clay County they are just as big as Whitley and Whitley would put a running clock on them before the half
Defense must make plays, when we are scoring points.
NextGeneration Wrote:Sorry this was meant for Trashtalker, not in a negative way, just wanted to know what he thought, or mhsparent, jacket pride or even jacketmadness98 and intimadator. What is the cause? I personally think it is scheduling and lack of knowledge to what others were going to be like as compared to the evaluation of our on team.

They will not answer you. They are very close to leaving the site again, until next year. You got a stat guy, coach, dad, referee , ex coach and old player they don't understand why they have not won 5 games this year. One said they would score 55 a game. Other said minimum of 5 wins. I really would like to hear their take on what appears to be another one win season.
I'm not sure I'm not there everyday to see the everyday details. I do know that I believe this group of players seem to play harder and want to win on a more consistent basis than last years. I do still believe in these coaches as I said I played with a few. I do think scheduling while not an excuse doesn't help our cause. I remember back when I was playing we won a lot of games but we also played the likes of Cawood, Lynn camp, and those teams. Granted we played and beat breathitt and Corbin but we didn't play this schedule and we definitely didn't play in this district. Look I'm not a football Einstein but i do know a little. I think if we can keep these players together and none of our coaches leave i think we are much more successful next year with the guys a year older and the schedule a little lighter from what I'm told.
NextGeneration Wrote:Sorry this was meant for Trashtalker, not in a negative way, just wanted to know what he thought, or mhsparent, jacket pride or even jacketmadness98 and intimadator. What is the cause? I personally think it is scheduling and lack of knowledge to what others were going to be like as compared to the evaluation of our on team.
To be real honest I'm not sure what the problem is.
Pages: 1 2