Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry -55 Pikeville-13 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Too much Big Red! Good Luck to Pikeville the rest of the season.

Belfry travels to Knoxville Catholic next Friday Night
Big red Machine keeps on rolling. Just too much for Pikeville to handle this season. The O line is a beast and the backfield is loaded. Just so strong up front that not many can handle them. Best of luck to both the rest of the season. Let's bring back 2 more trophies to Pike Co.
I watched it. Tremendous talent for Belfry. Pikeville tried and played hard but frankly didn't have a snowballs chance in hell. Pikeville had a bunch of gamers who were simply too small to compete.

The Pikeville QB and 34 were about the only guys who belonged on the field. Sorry if I'm harsh but that was the reality of the situation.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I watched it. Tremendous talent for Belfry. Pikeville tried and played hard but frankly didn't have a snowballs chance in hell. Pikeville had a bunch of gamers who were simply too small to compete.

The Pikeville QB and 34 were about the only guys who belonged on the field. Sorry if I'm harsh but that was the reality of the situation.

I thought Sloan looked good in the return game

But man alive...... this Belfry team.... shewwwwwww
Is it me or is the Dials kid awful quite this year?
bac2369 Wrote:Is it me or is the Dials kid awful quite this year?

No. He's been out on the sick list with mono.
Congrats to Belfry. Don't think anyone can stop them this season. Panthers will regroup and improve for district play.
By the way actual Final Score is 55-13

Belfry kneeled on the conversion for their final TD

Had Belfry kicked the XP it would have been the largest margin of victory in the series
Big Five-0- Wrote:No. He's been out on the sick list with mono.

Why did he miss the p-burg game? Did he play in this one?
bac2369 Wrote:Why did he miss the p-burg game? Did he play in this one?

He was out about the time the season started. He did play in this game but he's not up to full strength. If anyone knows anything about mono, you just don't get well that quick. I'm sure he will improve as the season moves on. The kid was a player last season, and hopefully it won't be long til he'll be able to contribute.
I don't guess BelfryPride liked the thread I started... but hey, it's BGR.... Facts are Optional.
Honestly I wonder if anyone in the state can beat Belfry.
Congrats to Belfry. The Beast from the East.
Bear_Paw Wrote:Honestly I wonder if anyone in the state can beat Belfry.

Not about that talk until these next two weeks play out and Belfry finds someone who can match their talent (KnoxCath) or size/depth (Midland)
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Not about that talk until these next two weeks play out and Belfry finds someone who can match their talent (KnoxCath) or size/depth (Midland)

I'll Check back with ya in two weeks...lol. They're strong!
bac2369 Wrote:Is it me or is the Dials kid awful quite this year?

Been quite his whole career. several PHS seniors have underachieved.
Next week comes our real test can't wait to play a team of this caliber
Panthers played hard and were just outgunned tonight. Best Belfry team and one of the best high school teams I've ever seen. Coach Mac and Staff will get us better from this and Best of Luck to Belfry the rest of the year.
Main thing both teams came out of it healthy
Hasn't the last two or three meetings been competitive, with Pikeville even winning one? Maybe Pikeville also isn't what they have been.
Cover3 Wrote:Been quite his whole career. several PHS seniors have underachieved.
Those same seniors who "underachieved" have a state championship ring. He has had mono so they've had to bring him back along slowly. Stay classy, Cover3. Stay classy. What does YOUR school that you support have? I know Johns Creek (your old school according to you) never won anything, so were you an underachiever with a quiet career too?
mysonis55 Wrote:Hasn't the last two or three meetings been competitive, with Pikeville even winning one? Maybe Pikeville also isn't what they have been.
Pikeville lost a lot of experience. But they're not a horrible team by any standards. Belfry is just a different animal this year with an unreal combination of power and speed and talent. Put it this way, they're 2-3 TDs per game a better team than last years was. Panthers did well as they could have done and didn't give up. Congrats to Belfry, best of luck the rest of the way, let's try to bring two more home to the county again.

This Belfry team likely would be a challenge for the Trinity and Bowling Greens. Not a team really anyone wants to face in 3A.
Belfry has a team for the ages. May be the best team they have ever had. That is saying a lot looking at their trophy case.
PHSForever Wrote:Pikeville lost a lot of experience. But they're not a horrible team by any standards. Belfry is just a different animal this year with an unreal combination of power and speed and talent. Put it this way, they're 2-3 TDs per game a better team than last years was. Panthers did well as they could done and didn't give up.have Congrats to Belfry, best of luck the rest of the way, let's try to bring two more home to the county again.

This Belfry team likely would be a challenge for the Trinity and Bowling Greens. Not a team really anyone wants to face in 3A.

That's what I like about this Pikeville team. They don't give up, and just keep on playing. They've been in a couple of situations this season, but never gave up. If anyone has never seen Belfry play this season, then you really don't know how good they are. Don't think they would have any problem running 6 or 7 variations of the option per game. Big, (understatement), fast, strong, and talented. After seeing them play, i'd put them up against any football team statewide.....regardless of class.
Cover3 Wrote:Been quite his whole career. several PHS seniors have underachieved.

The rings and the trophy say otherwise.
Besides Trinity, Bowling Green, South Warren, St. Xavier and maybe 2 or 3 more of the Big 6A schools Belfry is on another level than any other team in Kentucky. They would put a beat down on any other team in the state besides those 4 or 5 schools.
Pikeville beat Belfry in 2014 I believe it was and I think it was the first time since 1999...however last year was another Belfry beat down. Pikeville is not as good as the past two years, Belfry is on another level this season though so it wouldn't really matter if Pikeville returned the entire team from last season.
Congrats Belfry. I look for them to bring back another title this as well.
PHSFAN Wrote:Pikeville beat Belfry in 2014 I believe it was and I think it was the first time since 1999...however last year was another Belfry beat down. Pikeville is not as good as the past two years, Belfry is on another level this season though so it wouldn't really matter if Pikeville returned the entire team from last season.

This isn't a bragging statement, just an observation, but this game was over after Belfry's third Offensive play.

The first play of the game Belfry ran the option to the strong side and Pikeville was all over it. Defended Fullback well, defended QB well, defended the pitch well

Play 2, Belfry runs the option to the weak side and Catron goes essentially untouched for 70 yards after a great downfield block.

Play 3, Catron takes a toss sweep to the weak side and weaves his way 30+ yards.

After those two plays to the weak side any Defensive gameplan Pikeville had was out the window. Pikeville knew that anytime Belfry wanted to go to the weakside that they were going to get it so you could see their alignment change and see the LB's heads overthinking. Suddenly the middle, the strongside, and misdirection were all set to be sizeable plays.
I mentioned this earlier but it may sound crazy but I actually think the Pikeville OLine looked about as good as it has all year. They created a positive surge at times for Charles and for the most part kept Battaile from getting hit hard on his throws.

Pikeville looked good in Special Teams. Sloan had 30 yard returns several times and the returns were well blocked. The kick coverage was good and disciplined and even when Hunter set up a return that he trying to bounce outside they didn't let him break it for a super long return. All signs of being well coached and frankly positive signs for a 1A team in a class that special teams typically are abysmal.

Battaile struggled throwing because there simply wasn't open players or any YAC, and he often was having to move out of the pocket. With that said he made two beautiful high level plays. He threw a perfect slant pattern to Sloan I think for like 15 yards that probably goes for six against any 1A team they would have played. The other play was the one he extended with his feet, reset, and led his receiver on a 4th Down for a big gain inside the redzone. There are only a handful of QB's in KY that can make that play.

Charles was a gamer and played very well. Loved his running on that one scoring drive.They at least forced Haywood to take a timeout to light into his kids.

Where is Rhodes? He hurt?
Pages: 1 2