Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 54 district girls basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Preseason roundup on prediction for this years season?
#1 KCC----#2 PCC----#3 Letcher---#4 Hazard----#5 Powell----#6 Breathitt if the little left handed guard is back---#7 Leslie---#8 Owsley ( my PRESEASON guess )
I think someone told me that KCC lost to hazard in summer ball a couple of weeks back, I don't know if that means anything or not?
hillbilly cat Wrote:I think someone told me that KCC lost to hazard in summer ball a couple of weeks back, I don't know if that means anything or not?

[Image: ai1cXaj.png]

C'mon catbilly, you sure don't think that the pups can slow down the Jada Express????? Caudill tryin to build himself a good team, but we talkin about the Lady Pats. Hope you can get out this season and watch my Lady Pats cut down the nets, wowza!

#everbodygetsdelusionaleverynowandthen More mash taters please!!!
Maybe , I watched my bulldogs play twice an they lost both times ! I might need to stay home for good luck!!
Who is hosting our district and the 14th region tourney this year?
District is at Perry and Region is at Hazard.
If hazard is ever going to make a move, it's this year! Leslie lost the gay twins an the combs girl, they are young but the there 2 quards r good with experience,but it won't be enough , Pcc lost everything Lost 7 seniors , that's hard to overcome ,they are very very young. but if hazard don't win this year, its time to look at it being a coaching issue!
Our Lady Dawgs will win many games, but you can't get rid of a Coach because he doesn't win the region on the shoulders of an 8th grader, who is an exceptional (8th) grader and a freshman shooting guard. Just not realistic. As bad as I hate to say it, PCC and we are the only two teams that have a chance of knocking off the Pats, but Hall and Profitt can't beat 'um, neither can Caudill and Sturgill. You got to play 5 on 5,,,,,,not TWO on 5.
You will be very surprised on how good hazard is this year, an pcc may be better than what we think, I have watch those KCC girls play since there grade school years, I put them in the same boat pcc has been in the last two years a lot of girls have came from gradeschool together an when same 7 or 8 lplay all the time together the team peaks an doesn't get any better. I think the KCC team is about the same talent wise as they were the last two seasons ,they will miss the slone girl she done the dirty work , rebounding an playing defense ,so if they don't replace that then I doubt that there not beatable. Our Bulldogs will will surprise everyone this year, but Pcc will be much improved from last year, there guard play will be really good, they return the girl who was mvp of the dist tourn last year also. He always manages to put girls on the floor u have never heard of who produce !
No team concept at PCC last year, very little with us. Both teams have a little bit of the "how many points did I get virus". If either of us shake that,,,we'll beat Knott. I don't think there are any other serious threats to win the region.
I still don't get how Leslie isn't a serious threat to win the region but somehow Perry and Hazard are.
My guess is Leslie is still the top team in the 54th.
You lost your best all-time 3 point shooter and the only size you had when the twins graduated. Unless you picked up a big kid or you've had a young girl with size greatly improve, scoring may be an issue. Looking back at last year you may be right. Leslie, no doubt will improve over the course of the year. In order to win the region you guys got to have size that can score or develop some outside shooting. Lets go 4 possibilities- PCC, KCC, Leslie and Haz.
Leslie has a big girl who didn't play last season, she's playing this year ,she's alittle over 6 foot
easternky Wrote:No team concept at PCC last year, very little with us. Both teams have a little bit of the "how many points did I get virus". If either of us shake that,,,we'll beat Knott. I don't think there are any other serious threats to win the region.

[Image: Zt9IZUP.png]

#beingdelusionalprovideshope More mash taters please!!!
Pcc beat KCC last year
[Image: dsc_0041A.jpg] More mash taters please!!!
hillbilly cat Wrote:If hazard is ever going to make a move, it's this year! Leslie lost the gay twins an the combs girl, they are young but the there 2 quards r good with experience,but it won't be enough , Pcc lost everything Lost 7 seniors , that's hard to overcome ,they are very very young. but if hazard don't win this year, its time to look at it being a coaching issue!

Do u know anything about basketball? When Brashear took over the hazard lady bulldogs they had won 5 games. They have improved there wins every year he has been there and finally he has the talent to at least compete in the region and u are talking about a coaching change if he doesn't win. That's crazy
it's not nice to dis people, everyone has a right to there own opinions.But I have no say in coaching changes, but the 54 is way down, it's there best change of winning district, an if they don't there will be people who will question his ability at the end of the season. Iam a big fan an I want them to win, but like everywhere else in sports if u don't produce you r replaced! That's the world we live in !
Harold isn't going anywhere. He has improved our girls basketball program by leaps and bounds. Yes our talent level is rising and so have our wins. Don't mess up a good thing, titles are coming.
Harold is a great guy and a good solid coach. Will he beat Randy at crunch time? No, I doubt it. PCC will be tough and that's a promise!
Agree, think Harold has done a good job. Takes time to turn around a program when you have small numbers.
I'am hoping this is just a rumor , but did any of my bulldog buddies hear a ACL injury to one of our girls! I hoping that this is just a rumor!!
Paparazzi Wrote:Harold is a great guy and a good solid coach. Will he beat Randy at crunch time? No, I doubt it. PCC will be tough and that's a promise!
I understand that Pcc has the two guards ,but who else?? I know that Randy always comes up with players u. Never heard of that produce ! Go bulldogs!!