Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central Gym Information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the seating capacity at Letcher Central? Do they have chairback seats? Can someone post some pictures?
hornet84 Wrote:What is the seating capacity at Letcher Central? Do they have chairback seats? Can someone post some pictures?
well i was expecting more by the way everyone was talking..To be honest with you i dont think it will be big enough for region..But honestly nothing special
Letcher Central's gym is nice...it has chairback seats..it is big enough to hold a regional tournament
very dissapointing for that school it could nopt have held last years regional tournament. If you have a regional semifinals with 4 school ssuch as hazard,perry,breathitt, and jbs its not gonna be able to hold it. Id say it holds maybe 3 thousand
where are the chairs at i just remember bleachers
There are NO CHAIRBACKS in the gym! And the signs read 2500 seating capacity if I do recall!
2500 is the cap.
2500 is not large enough to hold a regional tournament unless you clear the gym after the first game. I witnessed that in the 15th region a couple of times. Personally, I hate that format.
2500 in the bleachers and 270 standing room for total of 2770. Only bleachers, no chairback seats. My opinion can't hold crowd or traffic for boys regional tourney.
They could also move in seats under the walkway on both ends which I would have thought would have student sections anyways there.
the only thing good about the gym is the paw prints going up the hill to it....so intimidating lol...
It's a beautiful gym, and a nice place to watch a game. I just think for a consolidated high school it should have been bigger, and they could have made it that way if they would have put seats in the end zone where the wall is and extended the wall back some, they had room to do it.
I agree. With the fantastic football facility that was built why not make the gymnasium the finest in the region also? Was it a financial issue? If so, that is understandable.
There aren't any backed seats! The capacity is listed at around 2,500 There is standing room on the ends of the court at the top! Also I heard that chairs were being put behind the goals on each end! It will be tight, but I think everything will work fine! The biggest issue is parking :thumpsup: ....... There aren't enough parking spaces on the hill!
Someone told me they didn't have much parking. I thought this was odd for a new gym.
I have to walk a mile every game I go too.
Yea.... The I dont know the exact # of spaces! But I do know that the student parking lot is usually always packed at school and so if the faculty and staff. They may run the shuttle again, which was used during football season a few times! People were directed to park atop the hill and then shuttled down to the field in a bus!
I like that idea!
It is as big as the shelby valley gym that held 2 regional, best scoreboard in the state for a high school gym and parking might be a issue for a regional but for a normal game, they have enough parking. alot more parking then Hazard which has hoeted the regional. Not a great gym but it is nice and has enough room for a regional (maybe the best conssesion ever)
LOL, they do have a wide variety! Just hope they don't serve fish again..(STUNK THE GYM UP)
LCCHS definately has more parking than Hazard! But still, spaces are limited! The scoreboards are nice, I think around $10K each! I like the idea of the player stats on the board! I cant wait until Regional time!