Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT need BGR members help!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I spoke with Brian Milam at WYMT and he is compiling the history of the WYMT, and he asked if our website could help.

So you younger members, may need to talk to your parents, aunts, uncles, and to people at the the following schools.

They will be looking in on this thread, so guys lets help them out.

They need the box scores form several games here is the list:

Knox Central*(no box)** *contacted
MC Napier

Knox Central*(no box)** *contacted
Virgie

Prestonsburg 57*(no full box)**
Hazard*55*

Knox Central 72*(no full box)**
Prestonsburg 69

Hazard 55***(no box)
Bell Co. 52

Corbin **89**(no box)***
MC Napier 76

Owsley Co. 65*(no box)***
Betsy Layne 51

Corbin **89**(no box)***
Owsley Co. 88

Clay Co.*85**(no box)***
Paintsville 62

Knott Central*80*(no full box)***
Jackson Co.*61

Shelby Valley**84 (no FULL box)
Breathitt Co.**77

Paintsville 72**(no full box)**
Whitesburg 69

Semi-Finals
Paintsville 79**(no full box)**
Prestonsburg 64

Clay Co. 89**(no box)***
Wolfe Co. 73

Hazard 85**(no box)***
Prestonsburg 78

As they use to say on MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, this is your assignment.

Let get this info!!!!!!!!
Paintsville's should be pretty easy to get...
just that it might be next week.
Way to go Guru
thats we like to hear
We would be able to get it tommorow but school has been let out for the rest of the week on account of "Tiger Fever"!
Everyone will be in Richmond.
i remember mark mginnis i believe having 32 in that game against pburg for hazard back in 99 he was strokin
If anyone knows a player off of any of those teams, ask them if they have a scapbook or clippings, Brian is looking for the box scores.

There has to be someone out there that would have this info.
i have the program form this season out in my car so illget it i think it has all the games in it
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:i have the program form this season out in my car so illget it i think it has all the games in it

Are you kidding? I think you may have cracked the code. Why wouldn't Brian Milam just look in the program? Way to figure that one out. Rolleyes
Drago Wrote:Are you kidding? I think you may have cracked the code. Why wouldn't Brian Milam just look in the program? Way to figure that one out. Rolleyes

alright fing di*k
Doc I found some info on the Clay/Wolfe County Game. It was played on Feb 6 1999, at Wolfe county, and Clay won 74-65. Cant find any stats though.
The Prestonsburg/Hazard game, Was played on Jan 13 1999 it was played at Knott County Central at the WYMT Whayne Supply Mountain Classic Tournament. The score is correct Hazard 85 Presonsburg 78. No stats Found.
Way to go Brian said that no one had kept any of the official records from the wymt before he go there and he said he needed any info that we can help him get.

So we have a start I spoke with a man today who said he thought he knew where one of the official scorer books from one of the teams was and would look for it this weekend

keep plugging guys keep plugging

Remember he is looking for the box scores

like in the lexington hearld leader

example
bug tussel
Earp 12, rifleman 28, hanging judge 16, curley bill 24, Limpety Valance 2
Doc Holliday Wrote:Way to go Brian said that no one had kept any of the official records from the wymt before he go there and he said he needed any info that we can help him get.

So we have a start I spoke with a man today who said he thought he knew where one of the official scorer books from one of the teams was and would look for it this weekend

keep plugging guys keep plugging

Remember he is looking for the box scores

like in the lexington hearld leader

example
bug tussel
Earp 12, rifleman 28, hanging judge 16, curley bill 24, Limpety Valance 2
Is limpety a used up actor of some sort LOL
He's used up all right, but far from an actor. You kill me Doc.
Doc I must say that your box scores cracked me up as well, especially after last night's conversation.

Be sure to update us with anything new from WYMT.
I may be able to talk to Coach Jack Pack from Prestonsburg and get some information from the Prestonsburg games. I'm sure he would have them. I will check all the Prestonsburg games out and see what I can come up with.
Bout time you do something around here....jk