Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Huntington 73 (WV) Artesia 66 (CA)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
O.J. fouls out late in the forth with a thin 1 point lead.. Highlanders still rally to come away with a 7 point win.
bet it was a good game
Just watched the high lights it looked awsome!
I thought this was bluegrass preps
The Fan Wrote:I thought this was bluegrass preps

nope buddy.. this is bluegrass rivals.. WRONG SITE BUDDY
mrfootball03 Wrote:nope buddy.. this is bluegrass rivals.. WRONG SITE BUDDY
lol i seen that soon as i posted i was just trying to get something started

:thatsfunn
any stats i seen the highlights on wsaz they are awful cocky all that was interviewed were good were the best team in the nation ,bla bla bla which they probably are,I would love to see some kinda national tournament for high schools to see who really is the best maybe the best team from every state be something to see
The Fan Wrote:any stats i seen the highlights on wsaz they are awful cocky all that was interviewed were good were the best team in the nation ,bla bla bla which they probably are,I would love to see some kinda national tournament for high schools to see who really is the best maybe the best team from every state be something to see

umm.. there is a national high school championship pal
mrfootball03 Wrote:umm.. there is a national high school championship pal
ummm ole buddy, ole friend , ole pal of mine please elaberate i have never heard of it
Sounded like a good one!
Would like to see one a Tourney were they take every State Champ and enter them in a National Championship Tourney. Would be pretty nice.
OffTheHook Wrote:Would like to see one a Tourney were they take every State Champ and enter them in a National Championship Tourney. Would be pretty nice.
Thats what I was getting at but with my limited intelligence it did come out right .Mr.Football03 ( which i understand we are now pals ) put me in my place and informed me that there was a national championship , but i have never heard of it
There is a national championship..but from what I have heard it's just whoever ends up finishing first in the nation. There is no kind of tournament for it? Is that right? If not somebody please let me know.
Coach Wrote:There is a national championship..but from what I have heard it's just whoever ends up finishing first in the nation. There is no kind of tournament for it? Is that right? If not somebody please let me know.

Yes, thats usually how it ends up.. but in some instances the #1 & #2 teams will play unless it unanimous..
You can't really do a national playoff because you don't have one organization who governs over states.. Although it would be neat to have a "NHSAA", the resources just wouldn't be availible..
Congrats
It actually is a mythical title.There is no tournament.It is sport writers and coaches giving their opinion,s but there is no sure way of picking the title.Usually if a great high school team goes undefeated and plays so called other great teams they have a shot.If Huntington didnt play these big schools from other states they wouldnt even have a chance to be considered.Now if Huntington goes undefeated they probably will be crowned National champs.Oak Hill has lost and a few other powerhouses have lost which opened the door for Huntington.If they lose one game I think they wont be crowned.
Old school Dawg Wrote:It actually is a mythical title.There is no tournament.It is sport writers and coaches giving their opinion,s but there is no sure way of picking the title.Usually if a great high school team goes undefeated and plays so called other great teams they have a shot.If Huntington didnt play these big schools from other states they wouldnt even have a chance to be considered.Now if Huntington goes undefeated they probably will be crowned National champs.Oak Hill has lost and a few other powerhouses have lost which opened the door for Huntington.If they lose one game I think they wont be crowned.

well true.. but they actually are recorded.. but sometimes #1 & #2 do play... Lakeland, FL, and Oak Hill played a few years back for the championship
Congrats HHS.
mrfootball03 Wrote:well true.. but they actually are recorded.
is it mythical or is it recorded make up your mind ole buddy , ole pal ,ole friend of mine !!!
The Fan Wrote:is it mythical or is it recorded make up your mind ole buddy , ole pal ,ole friend of mine !!!

Its recorded.. but its from an organization who doesn't govern over state athletic associations/commisions... So therefore, its how you look at it..
Congrats HHS.
glad to see that oj got to play in this one! That ref was dumb!