Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Pikeville 9/16/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
:yikes: The BIG bad Pirates coming to Hambley with another heck of a football team -> :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:

I think it'd be a miracle to pull off another upset this year - This might be the best Belfry Football Team I've ever seen.

But their is always HOPE <------ Love to see my Panthers some how some way pull out the huge upset....I don't think that will be case. But a man can dream.

I'll be there cheering them on either way.
Belfry wins big and owns Pike County for 2016.
I'm not going to hold back on my Prediction in this one. :popcorn:

Belfry 49
Pikeville 00
Halftime

Belfry 56
Pikeville 13
Final :worthy::worthy::worthy:
Belfry wins.. I think Pikeville needs to try to get through this game without injuries....
bac2369 Wrote:Belfry wins.. I think Pikeville needs to try to get through this game without injuries....

Injury free game would be a big win in my book..
Pikeville is on the other end of a 60 point beat down this week
I hope we can play with out any injuries to ether team
I see this game with a running clock early, Belfry 48 Pikeville 8
Haywood subs early and gets valuable reps for his young guns. Any word on the injury to Preece? I thought Rash done a great job filling in at center. Belfry is just too big up front and our DBs defend very well! Wellman is a beast at linebacker and it really doesn't matter who they line up to play beside him at LB! Catron is a head hunter at safety and Varney is a lock down CB. Bentley and Horton are just too much for opposing O lines. This team is solid and we needed the extra time on the field last night for the conditioning if anything else.
As much as I like seeing the freshmen out there, last night was good for the Pirates having to play an extra half quarter. Hopefully the senior leaders are getting all the starters to stay after practice for some extra conditioning.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Pikeville is on the other end of a 60 point beat down this week

Wont happen... Belfry rarely beats anyone by more than 7 TD's due to their style of Offense, the running clock, and how Haywood subs

I respect the Panthers and Coach Mac, but this one has the potential to get ugly. Pikeville has some problems they are still trying to resolve and where they have issues is where Belfry is so darn good.

I think Pikeville will do something similar to NewCath and force Belfry to work between the tackles and hope they can get some self inflicted drive killers like penalties, fumbles, or missed assignments.

The only difference is I dont see Pikeville having the LB or DE talent NewCath has so I think Belfry pops a few big plays. What Pikeville does have is a more consistent QB and receivers, so all in all I put the Panthers on pretty similar overall footing as NewCath.

If Belfry cleans up those penalties and fumbles I think this one is in the 48-14 range. If Pikeville can put the line play together that they need, and can capitalize on some Belfry SNAFU's, they have a chance to hang around... but I would err more on the side of 42-14 or 48-14
Pikeville is dreading this game and to be competitive you got to believe that you have a chance I think this is going to be ugly but as long as there's no injuries to ether team were good
This is one of "those years", that tbh, are pretty rare. Usually, I say all of your top tier single A squads, ie: Pikeville, Raceland, Beechwood, Paintsville (in recent years), Hazard, etc should play up to prepare to play eachother in the district/playoffs. But IDK if anyone not named Trinity, Ryle, or Bowling Green wants any part of what Haywood and the rest of Pond Creek will be bringing to the table.

If things go accordingly, it should be a running clock by Halftime or early in the 3rd quarter. Pikeville's real issues, lies in the trenches. Unfortunately, Belfry is the polar opposite and has 4 division one players upfront and behind those guys wait a group of younger guys who are probably good enough to start at any other 3A or smaller school in the east. Pikeville needs to work hard and take advantage of any Pirate mistakes, just to keep this game honest. I just hope the Panthers come out firing and fighting and they can keep everyone healthy through this game.

Disclaimer: I am in no way trying to cut down any player, coach, or fan from Pikeville with this post. Always had massive respect for that program. But this year...it is what it is. But, bc I expect Pikeville to pull some homefield magic...

Belfry 54
Pikeville 21

I expect to check an update for this game and say "wow, pikeville is holding it down for single A". Then look again at the final and say, "yup, they woke up the monster". Belfry is likely the best team on the eastern side of Ky regaurdless of class. Id put them top 5 or 10 in the state.
Belfry is one of the best team in the entire state of KY! They might not beat a Trinity or St X but they would make it a game. Pikeville would need a miracle to stay close in this game and i love my panthers!
Oh you can bank on some "home field magic" lol but even that's not enough for them this year!
Pirates early and often. Final 54 to 15
Belfry - 48
Pikeville - 10

I respect Pikeville, but the battle for Pike County will go to the Pirates.

Hoping for an injury free game
Belfry is going into Pikeville undefeated and they will leave undefeated as they will knock the defending 1A Champion Pikeville Panthers to 2-2 on the year.Belfry in a much closer game than many believe 28-17 Belfry wins
Belfry by as many as Haywood wants. Haywood being the class act he is calls off the dogs 41-0. Unfortunately Belfry JV out scores Pikeville 14-7.
Final
Belfry 55
Pikeville 7
Belfry is obviously unbeatable this season so I say Belfry 55 - 0.
JDBobcat10 Wrote:Belfry is going into Pikeville undefeated and they will leave undefeated as they will knock the defending 1A Champion Pikeville Panthers to 2-2 on the year.Belfry in a much closer game than many believe 28-17 Belfry wins

No disrespect but our JV could score 28 against them just saying:truestory:
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:No disrespect but our JV could score 28 against them just saying:truestory:

No disrespect when "it is what it is"!
The word "Close" I don't believe will be a word used to describe this game though!
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:No disrespect but our JV could score 28 against them just saying:truestory:

No team is really in beatable because turnovers and other factors play into the game. I just hope to see the teams come out healthy,, Pikeville already has a few injuries so they need to be careful.
Belfry - 47

Pikeville - 21
Belfry gets a running clock but Pikeville scores a couple times late. Belfry 48 Pikeville 14
Belfry by 32

No disrespect but that is a moronic statement
Maroon and White Wrote:No disrespect but that is a moronic statement

No it's not I watched you all play the Pike Co.Bowl
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:No it's not I watched you all play the Pike Co.Bowl
Love how people think they know everything from one game, especially one in which two starters (if I recall correctly) were out. And the second game of the season as well. Belfry isn't the same as they were two weeks ago, and neither is Pikeville. We get it. Y'all are the greatest ever, you're the favorite in this game, and holy moly, how DARE anyone take offense to you saying your JV would score 28 on us. I forgot, we are all supposed to bow at the alter of the almighty Belfry Pirates and just willingly walk the plank blindfolded. Arrgh matey. :worthy::eyeroll:
Ok I sorry if offended you ill try not to say anything that that you don't want to here anymore lol
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Ok I sorry if offended you ill try not to say anything that that you don't want to here anymore lol
We have no issue with Belfry being the favorites and respect their accomplishments and talent. Fans like you, on the other hand, seem incapable of showing similar respect. That is all. Y'all were the heavy favorites two years ago as well. Just saying football is a funny game sometimes. Hope and pray for an injury free game for both teams.
Pages: 1 2 3 4