Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps-52 Belfry-36
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No surprise here with Jamie Case out of the lineup.
Belfry played like ****....
kyr450 Wrote:Belfry played like ****....

Belfry just got smacked around. Don't you think Phelps made Belfry play like ****?TongueirateSho
Baller3 Wrote:Belfry just got smacked around. Don't you think Phelps made Belfry play like ****?TongueirateSho

No Belfry didnt even show up to play... Dustin May who should be leading this team right now with Case out, might of had 4 points, an less rebounds, Coach casey even realized they didnt show up to play an pulled them out with almost 4 minutes left in the game, the entire game was a joke, Phelps didnt do anything special... Congrats Phelps, glad you got a big district win, but if you Phelps plays Belfry again, wich is very unlikely, Belfry will have Case back an its a very different ball game... Case plays tonight Belfry wins by atleast 20, belfry had 0 ball handlers outside Steele, an didnt have any play makers because May wasnt producing...
kyr450 Wrote:No Belfry didnt even show up to play... Dustin May who should be leading this team right now with Case out, might of had 4 points, an less rebounds, Coach casey even realized they didnt show up to play an pulled them out with almost 4 minutes left in the game, the entire game was a joke, Phelps didnt do anything special... Congrats Phelps, glad you got a big district win, but if you Phelps plays Belfry again, wich is very unlikely, Belfry will have Case back an its a very different ball game... Case plays tonight Belfry wins by atleast 20, belfry had 0 ball handlers outside Steele, an didnt have any play makers because May wasnt producing...

No excuses, Phelps just beat them. Case or no Case, I still think Phelps wins this one. Maybe not next time but it didn't matter tonight.
OUCH! Congrats Phelps.
As I said last night, without Case Belfry can't beat anyone! That is a fact!
Dang..big Win Phelps!!!!!!!
Baller3 Wrote:No excuses, Phelps just beat them. Case or no Case, I still think Phelps wins this one. Maybe not next time but it didn't matter tonight.

Keep tellin your self that...
If Belfry relies that much on Case, then they're not going to do anything come March anyways. With or without Case they don't seem to be a serious contender.
This game was a sloppy game.

Charlie Hunt went down with an ankle injury late in the thrid. I think he went to the hospital. I would love to have an update on him.
alfus21 Wrote:If Belfry relies that much on Case, then they're not going to do anything come March anyways. With or without Case they don't seem to be a serious contender.

What happened to Shelby Valley night??? The greatest team in the world only beat Jenkins by 11??? Belfry beat Jenkins by 34 on a neutral court, hmmm??? Your right Belfry is horrible they shouldnt even compete in the regional tourney...
kyr450 Wrote:What happened to Shelby Valley night??? The greatest team in the world only beat Jenkins by 11??? Belfry beat Jenkins by 34 on a neutral court, hmmm??? Your right Belfry is horrible they shouldnt even compete in the regional tourney...

They beat them 12, Smile Not 11. Just a small math lesson for you.

And comparing two teams against their common opponents is an unjustifiable way of comparing teams. Want to see?

Pikeville over Belfry by 4. Shelby Valley over Pikeville by 13.
Shelby Valley over Powell by about 50 in last scrimmage of preseason. Powell over Belfry by 4.
Belfry over Pike Central by 5. Shelby Valley over Pike Central by 17.

It's ridiculous to compare teams by their common teams played. Simple as that.
alfus21 Wrote:They beat them 12, Smile Not 11. Just a small math lesson for you.

And comparing two teams against their common opponents is an unjustifiable way of comparing teams. Want to see?

Pikeville over Belfry by 4. Shelby Valley over Pikeville by 13.
Shelby Valley over Powell by about 50 in last scrimmage of preseason. Powell over Belfry by 4.
Belfry over Pike Central by 5. Shelby Valley over Pike Central by 17.

It's ridiculous to compare teams by their common teams played. Simple as that.
\

NO what is ridiculous is you saying Belfry cant compete in the region....
alfus21 Wrote:If Belfry relies that much on Case, then they're not going to do anything come March anyways. With or without Case they don't seem to be a serious contender.

Belfry relies on Case for more than scoring. Leadership, defense ball handleing and control. Case controls the game better than any player in the 15th. To think Belfry will not be a serious contender come March is rediculous. This is the 15th Region. Yea Painstville and Shelby Valley may be better. But Belfry and other teams have a chance and can play with both teams.
HARLEY Wrote:Belfry relies on Case for more than scoring. Leadership, defense ball handleing and control. Case controls the game better than any player in the 15th. To think Belfry will not be a serious contender come March is rediculous. This is the 15th Region. Yea Painstville and Shelby Valley may be better. But Belfry and other teams have a chance and can play with both teams.

I'm not saying Belfry "can't" compete, but I don't think they're a serious contender. When you all are saying that this one player is the whole team, it's going to be pretty easy to shut him down in big games making the rest of the team work to do something which they obviously showed they can't do tonight without him.
alfus21 Wrote:I'm not saying Belfry "can't" compete, but I don't think they're a serious contender. When you all are saying that this one player is the whole team, it's going to be pretty easy to shut him down in big games making the rest of the team work to do something which they obviously showed they can't do tonight without him.

No one to date has been able to shut him down, when he is on the floor he makes things happen, either it be him scoring or getting his team mates open to score... Its not just an ofense thing either, he is better on defense, he has the quickest hands I have seen in a long time...
alfus21 Wrote:I'm not saying Belfry "can't" compete, but I don't think they're a serious contender. When you all are saying that this one player is the whole team, it's going to be pretty easy to shut him down in big games making the rest of the team work to do something which they obviously showed they can't do tonight without him.

Good point. But that has happened the whole season. He has seen about every defense possible. Even box and chaser. Still avg. 25 ppg and led Belfry to some nice wins this season. He just controls the game.
I'm not going to argue about it anymore, but I was just saying they need more than him if they want to make a serious run for the title against teams who are well balanced unlike Belfry.
Nice win PHS....
Big Win for Phelps!! (edited)

Will not deny that Case is one of better players this season locally, however, as many of the previous replies he is the leader on the team...not a good sign when your "leader" is being suspended for breaking team rules...the team really needed him tonight in the loss to Phelps...

Congrat's to Coach Campball and the his team, they played with more emotion and intensity and just simply wore Belfry out on the boards...

Note by BelfryPride:

REMEMBER--------> 12. Do not post any false information. Such as game results, If your not for sure then we don't want to know about it
Congrats Phelps.. looked like a pee-wee game.. Neither team very impressive.. Phelps just came up with the plays to get the win.. Phelps isn't too bad.. Belfry can't score without Case.. When you only have one kid who can step up, it really limits what you can do as a team.. especially when the one kid who steps up night in & night out isn't in the line up..

Like I have said time & time again, if Belfry doesn't find someone other than Case who can step up & be CONSISTENT, then it will be a one & out at the expo, and maybe even before..

According to Bennett West, this is the worst 3 point shooting team that Belfry has ever put on the floor.. As a team Belfry is shooting 22% on the year.. As of right now, things don't look too good on pond creek.. Hopefully when Case returns, they can regroup, and make a run come March.. But until then, we can just guess..
Ive seen Phelps play before and I thought they stunk tonight. Which that means that Belfry stunk more lol.Case being out is a good opportunity for others to step up but nobody out there is a leader. They dont know what to do without Case leading it. Congrats Phelps, I know most of the guys and they are a good group of guys, but Case will be back if they are a next time.
Good win Phelps.
When Phelps beats you by 16 points.....YOU AREN'T A SERIOUS CONTENDER and by no means am I taking anything away from Phelps as they are a scrappy bunch who gives it there all every night..And it showed last night embarrassing Belfry!
Congrats Phelps.
kyr450 Wrote:No one to date has been able to shut him down, when he is on the floor he makes things happen, either it be him scoring or getting his team mates open to score... Its not just an ofense thing either, he is better on defense, he has the quickest hands I have seen in a long time...

That's because he hasn't played against Landon and Paintsville. Landon would shut him down. JMO. I guess they would have to have quickest hands match before the game. By the way if the previous post was true about "breaking team rules", how can Case be a leader?
Alright here the way I see it. Casey is a good player there no question about that. But the deal is Casey wasn't there HOWEVER Belfry played real well without him. But It just wasn't there night. It just like every other day in Basketball you win some u lose some. Congratz to Phelps
a doctor said last night he did not think it was broken he is having x rays this morning anyway but he did get help to bench last night to watch the rest of the game he showed true leadership cheering his teamates get well charlie.
glad to hear that he is ok...he is a good player...and as for the game last night..Belfry had a off nite..yes Case is a big part...but some of u people are retarded...its a TEAM effort...but a team has to have a leader and that is wat Case is..They are still top 5 in the region no questions asked.!!
Pages: 1 2