Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ryle 50 Highlands 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't care how they are down in athletes. A well coached Highlsnds team does NOT get blown out like they have over the past 2 years. I will say it probably for the 10th time. YOU HAVE TO PLAY YOUR BEST ATHLETES BOTH WAYS. My God. If you're going to get beat. At least be competitive.
Wow bad beating for highlands.

In all fairness a 6A school shoukd do that every year to a 3A sized school
Congrats to Ryle!!!!!
Ok they should. But what's Ryles all time record against Highlands?
Things not what they used to be :yikes:
Highlands is a 5A school guys. No excuse from a 5A to 6A.
Paparazzi Wrote:Highlands is a 5A school guys. No excuse from a 5A to 6A.

3A in actual size, they play up like always.
To be honest Highlands dominating NKY 6A teams all those years was pretty embarrassing. For that there is no excuse.
Congrats to Ryle!
I'm hoping they get out of NKY 6A and make a run at state.
birdman44 Wrote:3A in actual size, they play up like always.
To be honest Highlands dominating NKY 6A teams all those years was pretty embarrassing. For that there is no excuse.
Highlands used to be a 3A school playing up to 5A. Now, they are a 4A playing up to 5A. Highlands' four-year average enrollment is larger than Ashland's and about a third of other 4A schools.

If Kentucky did not have too many classes, then it would not be necessary for any schools to play out of class. Classes should either be based on enrollment or there should be no classes.
This one surprised me with the score I thought after Highlands played Scott Co. Decent that they would put up a better fight
bo67 Wrote:I don't care how they are down in athletes. A well coached Highlsnds team does NOT get blown out like they have over the past 2 years. I will say it probably for the 10th time. YOU HAVE TO PLAY YOUR BEST ATHLETES BOTH WAYS. My God. If you're going to get beat. At least be competitive.

Playing their best athletes both ways would not help Highlands this year.
I'm not saying they win. But they don't get blown out.
What's going on with Highlands anyway? Sounds like they need a new recruiter. Vince Marrow would be a good fit. He does well in Ohio.
The one thing going pretty good for Highlands before this game was the offense. For the Ryle game they had 3 O linemen out hurt and moved the RB (He was the one making the O move in my opinion) to center. So now they had nothing on D,O or special teams going well. Even if O was playing at full strength Ryle beats them, but I think it would have been a little more respectable. This team just does not have the stud couple of players like past teams that can help a average team pull off wins.
What goes around comes around.

Ryle up 21-0 in Q1, on-sides kick and recover, next play BOMB down the field, 28-0. Rout is on!!!

That is pure payback for all the years that the Birds piled on the points and got to the running clock as fast as possible.
Stardust Wrote:What goes around comes around.

Ryle up 21-0 in Q1, on-sides kick and recover, next play BOMB down the field, 28-0. Rout is on!!!

That is pure payback for all the years that the Birds piled on the points and got to the running clock as fast as possible.

Only need about 20+ more years of it from every team Highlands has ever played.
Stardust Wrote:What goes around comes around.

Of course Ryle is going to run up the score to get running clock.
That's what you do if you can. That's why Dale did it. Have you ever seen a college football game?? Things turn on a dime all the time and then you have a come-back. Dales always ran up as much as possible in the first half, then continued running it up with back ups after halftime.

Taking your foot off the gas is how you lose. Never want your kids to get in loser-mode, its contagious.