Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 61 Fairview 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Westwood. Panthers move to 3-1. The Angry Red comes to Hambley next Friday.
Jetpilot napalmed Westwood into ashes. Congrats Panthers
Fairview going in had 11 of 22 position starters out including the entire starting OL, DL , FB , & LB . We lost a couple more starters tonight as well as losing 2nd string OL who were starting in place of injured 1st stringers. It's gonna be a very long season for the Eagles . I was impressed with the class Pvile players , coaches , & fans showed tonight . Congrats , & good luck rest of the year.....Also the young man who went out in an ambulance broke his tibula & dislocated his ankle . I have the understanding he will have to have surgery so praying folks remember him please .
To much speed for fairview
Eagles may not have a team left by the time District play starts.
Hate to hear that fairview is injury bugged. Congrats to pikeville
I feel bad for the Fairview players this season. The entire cast of characters from the glory years of a few years ago are gone. Coaches now assisting at larger schools. Players either graduated or transferred. Now the few guys left behind are getting hurt left and right, likely from playing too many snaps against a too difficult schedule they was probably made by those who left. The best team Fairview ever fielded would have had trouble with away games at Hazard, Lexington Christian, and Paintsville and home games against Pikeville, Lawrence County, and Raceland, much less the team the Eagles had coming into this season. I hope the injured heal and hope that sanity prevails with this program.
Nice W for the Panthers! The Pond Creek Nation invades next Friday and the Pikeville faithful need to be prepared for the Big Red Machine! :popcorn:
Talon Wrote:Fairview going in had 11 of 22 position starters out including the entire starting OL, DL , FB , & LB . We lost a couple more starters tonight as well as losing 2nd string OL who were starting in place of injured 1st stringers. It's gonna be a very long season for the Eagles . I was impressed with the class Pvile players , coaches , & fans showed tonight . Congrats , & good luck rest of the year.....Also the young man who went out in an ambulance broke his tibula & dislocated his ankle . I have the understanding he will have to have surgery so praying folks remember him please .
Pikeville had quite a few injured as well. Prayers to the injured Fairview player. Radio said it looked pretty bad. Good luck to Fairview the rest of the way.
Talon Wrote:Fairview going in had 11 of 22 position starters out including the entire starting OL, DL , FB , & LB . We lost a couple more starters tonight as well as losing 2nd string OL who were starting in place of injured 1st stringers. It's gonna be a very long season for the Eagles . I was impressed with the class Pvile players , coaches , & fans showed tonight . Congrats , & good luck rest of the year.....Also the young man who went out in an ambulance broke his tibula & dislocated his ankle . I have the understanding he will have to have surgery so praying folks remember him please .
Prayers for the injured for a speedy and complete healing. Hated it, happened right in front of me. We were all very concerned for him.
Black Charles always plays hard .. but from the sound of it on the Radio - He took it up another notch last night !
Injuries are just bad luck and bad part of the game but the extremely low numbers for Fairview is the aftermath of McPeek and company sad what they did to the Westwood community
Hey guys, Doc Akers, team doc for P'ville. Can anyone from Westwood please give me an update on the young man I treated on the field who had the injured ankle last night. Just wanted to say he totally manned up while we were treating him on the field and wanted to give him a big shout out for acting as such!! Credit to the team and school. Very tough young man! If someone could please give me a heads up on him, would greatly appreciate it!! Good luck and God speed to this young player. Good luck to Fairview the rest of the season and hope you guys get healthy fast!!
Congrats to the Panthers on a good road win. Blake Charles and several stepped up their game last night. Sounds like a total team effort. Wishing a speedy recovery for the Fairview player, and best of luck to the Eagles on the season.
Congrats Panthers!
To be honest I Expected this one to be much closer! Fairview must really be down right now from last year! Enjoyed watching Roy last season! Extremely talented QB! Hoping for a speedy recovery for the players suffering injury!
Hate seeing Fairview become depleted. Just a few years ago they were dressing 50+ kids every year and close to 70 in a few of those...
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Hate seeing Fairview become depleted. Just a few years ago they were dressing 50+ kids every year and close to 70 in a few of those...

It's tuff! We were there around 2012. Seems many schools have these down years. Hopefully a big change will happen with Fairview soon and bring them back!