Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Pitchers In The 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like Shane Grimm:1:for Paintsville
** Not Ranking them, but just naming the top prospects in the 15th**

1. Shane Grimm - Paintsville
2. Scott Little - Allen Central
3. Justin Blanton - Johnson Central
4. Matt Fyffe - Johnson Central
5. Morgan Roberts - Lawrence County
6. Josh Prater - Allen Central
7. JD Vanhoose - Paintsville
8. Dillon Stiltner - Phelps
9. Kenneth Todd - Sheldon Clark
10. Josh Rodebaugh - Prestonsburg
11. MacKenzie Carter - Pikeville
12. Michael Conley - Johnson Central
13. (?)Robert(?) Boyd - Pikeville
14. Tyler LeMaster - Paintsville
15. Brady Horn - Sheldon Clark
16. Joel Meade - East Ridge

**These are prospectively the top pitchers around the region, but year in and year out we always see the rise of a few newcomers. Who else this season will be making an impact on the mound in the 15th?**
shane grimm :Cheerlead
Grimm, Vanhoose, Blanton, and Fyffe are probably the cream of the crop.
I Agree with you but i believe i would mention Alex Hammonds of Ac he is a fine pitcher as well.
Pacman Wrote:** Not Ranking them, but just naming the top prospects in the 15th**

**These are prospectively the top pitchers around the region, but year in and year out we always see the rise of a few newcomers. Who else this season will be making an impact on the mound in the 15th?**
SHANE GRIMM:letsparty
Knockoutking Wrote:I Agree with you but i believe i would mention Alex Hammonds of Ac he is a fine pitcher as well.

Yea, he did pitch a no hitter last season didn't he. Alex would have to be among the elite pitchers in the region. How many games did he pitch in last season? I know he did pretty well though.
Shane Grimm
Shane Grimm, JD Vanhoose, Matt Fyffe, Justin Blanton, Lewis Michael, Travis Ison, Carter from Pikeville
My top 3
1. Shane Grimm
2. Justin Blanton
3. Matt Fyffe
Depending on how Little's arm is, I would say he is the best, followed closely by Grimm, Blanton, and Fyffe.
Better watch out for Chandler Shepherd at Lawrence Co. He is currently in 8th grade and pitched for the high school last year. I've watched him since rookie league and he has a very good arm and good control. He will be top in the state by his senior year.
Grimm and Blanton
Shane Grimm, Matt Fyffe, Justin Blanton
Justin Tackett from Shelby Valley is pretty good.
Pacman Wrote:** Not Ranking them, but just naming the top prospects in the 15th**

I havent seen alot of these guys play. But since i live near the area i have heard that dillon stiltner from phelps is realllly good especially since he's just a sophmore this year. Hes bound to improve even more as well in the next few years. And I have actually got to watch him pitch at a few games, and he's one of the best I've seen. But like i said I dont get to see alot. I stay busy!
Justin Blanton from JCHS is the best pitcher in the 15th hands down. The kid has all the right tools. good pitches and has great composure on the mound. To be a good pitcher you have to keep the batters guessing and being an x opponent i know for a fact that he does.
1. Blanton
2. Grimm

Not to be rude, but who in the world is Tyler LeMaster. Is he up and coming or what. I'm a Paintsville fan but only watched about 10-12 games last year and I never seen anyone I didn't know pitch.
Tyler is a sophmore. He threw a couple of games last year, all in relief. He doesn't throw real hard, but he's got okay control.
I was also told that Matt Fyffe has verbally commited to Eastern Kentucky University. Congrats to Matt!
Congrats to Fyffe on the accomplishment. I would probably go with:

Blanton-hard work ethic, always strives to be better and never satisfied
Grimm-Pitched great as a soph., still has room for improvement
Fyffe
scott little
Pupaw Wrote:Tyler is a sophmore. He threw a couple of games last year, all in relief. He doesn't throw real hard, but he's got okay control.

Thanks Pupaw. I wasn't tryin to put him down or anything, just that every game I came to watch Grimm or JD pitched and DP usually came in for relief.
Yeah, I think he threw against Belfry on the road I can't remember some of the others though, he came in many times. I the Belfry game for all the wrong reasons though. He's not a bad pitcher at all, just not one of the best in the 15th region, maybe in a couple of years.
I have saw the Lemaster kid pitch and he is going to be very solid, but he is still a year or so away
Little from Allen Central is solid as well. just too bad he has been abused by the coaching staff last couple years. If Allen Central hadnt have changed coaches couple years ago they may have won the region again last year and Little would not be in the shape he is in now.
Little could have been great. Too bad Allen Central fired their coaching staff couple years ago. Horne and Patton could have possiibly won another regional title last year. They should have atleast kept the Horne kid coaching. I just loved the way he coached and got his kids pumped for the games.
Grims
I would definately go with MAtt Fyffe i was talking with Coach hall and Matt was clocked at 89 several times at the show case at Eastern. He has a great 12/6 curve ball his changeup is great, and his slider is not to shabby. I am around Justin and Matt everyday and Matt is the better all around PITCHER. While JB is a better all around baseball player.
Pages: 1 2