Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Greenup County 9/9/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The first edition of "The Iron Bowl" is up next as the Rams travel north a few miles on 23 to take on former Ram QB/Coach and new GC head coach Scott Grizzle.

Raceland has been great upfront all year thus far, while Nathaniel Davidson and his platoon of WR seem to be on point and Bailey Walker is leading the way on the ground. Nathaniel and Bailey come into the game with an average of 211 yards by air and 124 on the ground to lead what is looking like a high octane and effecient Rams offense. The Ram defense is spear headed by an extremely stout and deep defensive line and as a defense only yielding 182 yards per game, keeping both rushers and passers under the century mark through 3 games.

Greenup showed signs of being very effecient and explosive as well offensively in week one against Lewis County and Flemming County, but seemed lost and idle against Russell. Greenup's anchor is their experience upfront and at LB. Their offense still seems to be adjusting to Grizzle's uptempo pace at times, though nearly allowing Flemming county to storm back and win in their week 3 match up.

So who you got in this battle of familiar foes?

I'll go with Raceland in a close but not so close win.

Rams 38
Greenup 18
Pulling for Raceland in this one. I think this will be a pretty low scoring game. :pondering: Go Rams from 64SUR.....I think :Cheerlead

Raceland 21
Greenup County 20
Rams by 12
This is one of the games I thought would be one of the toughest on the schedule besides the district game with Paintsville.
Greenup has a pretty good defense, but as a team they are slow. Their line is big, but again, slow. Our depth will wear them down by the end of the game. In my score prediction i said "close but not so close", i was refering to the game being closer than the score indicated. I think its a pretty tight ball game till Raceland starts to pull away late.
This will be a a hard hitting physical game. I think the first half will be really tight but Raceland will wear Greenup down and pull away in the second.

Raceland 37
Greenup 6
Low scoring for a while Raceland pulls away.

Raceland 35
Greenup 6
RAMS by 2-3 TD'S.
Rams 38
Muskaturds 12
If Greenups qb can make some good reads and they keep the turnovers down I believe they come away with the win. With Ashland down this year greenup might be the Rams toughest opponent to date. Just hope everyone comes out injury free for thier district games.
This will be both teams toughest test this year. Both hang their hats on their defense. Raceland has shown more consistency on offense and have done so both through the air and on the ground. That, imo, will be the difference maker.
Raceland has to cut out the penalties. While I love seeing the aggressive play they have way too many personal fouls. This is simply a discipline issue and they have to start controlling their emotions better.
I think the most points in this game will be 21 points. The first one to hit 21 wins... Greenup got some offense last week can they get it this week against the Rams.
I also must add this is Racelands 3rd away game but not much travel besides an hour at the most but still on the road non the less. Raceland has a chance to prove a point and stay on the winning track.
Mouseketeers 20
Ams 14

Greenup is not big but they are very fast to the ball.
God how your hoping this happens cause it might give your evils a chance.But....to bad!Your evils and the muskaturds don't have a chance.Once again little brother is king of the county.Hahahahahaha
Careful Ramdad! Ur showing signs of looking on the bright aide again. Just trying to keep u in check lol
We will see.
Greenup will have to be consistent on offense. They scored 17 points on Fleming's defense (they got 14 points off an Int return and a kickoff return). But, they scored all 17 of them early and then never threatened. If they can keep a consistent flow on offense they will be tough. Their front 7 on defense is as good as anyone's. Their issues seemed to come up when they couldn't get pressure on Fleming. Crump hit some big passes when he had time.
If they can keep the heat on, I like their chances.
Raceland - 29

Greenup County - 13
Greenup has the best defense Raceland has faced so far this year no question about that, Greenup's offense is not very good. Racelands defense is very good and their offense is clicking pretty good right now . I'm sure Grizzle thinks he knows Raceland pretty well and salmons feels the same about Grizzle . Making of a really good game

Raceland 22
Greenup 0
Raceland by a touchdown.

Raceland 28
Greenup Co. 21
Raceland wins, but Greenup makes them earn it.
Raceland 35
Greenup 14
If we cant beat Greenup there is no sense going and wasting our time in the playoffs.
RAMS BY ELEVENTY BILLION!!
Greenup is dangerous. This game always close and Greenup is better than they have been in a long time. Ram players better not be too overconfident like some of their fans are or they could be in for a long night.
Raceland's offense will make the difference in this one.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Greenup is dangerous. This game always close and Greenup is better than they have been in a long time. Ram players better not be too overconfident like some of their fans are or they could be in for a long night.

And last years game is the first time in a while it was even close.
Raceland 21 Greenup 14
I like to get on here and try my best to ruffle feathers but I do think that Raceland is twice the team Greenup is.Does that mean they will win??NO!! I remember in 06 the Rams were a 40 point better team then Greenup but it took a last minute punt return for the the Rams to come out of Lloyd with the W.I do believe this will be a tight ball game but the Rams should pull it off.I am very impressed with our QB the kid is in a groove right now and that could be trouble for the Muskaturds
Greenup beat us to death for almost a decade. Now, its been just over a half decade of Raceland holding the advantage and in most years, in convincing fashion. I was looking back through KHSAA archives and There have only been a handful of games between these two schools, that didnt end in a blow out in one form or another. Last year was litterally a defensive battle. Totally different from the Backyard Brawl we had this year, that was two offenses still looking for themselves. Last years Muskie/Rambler match up was a very physical dawg fight for any type of yardage. This year, both offenses are improved, but imo, Raceland has made more strides than Greenuo and tbh, more strides than I anticipated them making at this point in the season. Davidson, Walker, and the WR have their work cut out for them to make some plays. While Mauk and Willett will see their toughest task yet. Mauk will draw the card of blocking Craycraft. Difference is, Greenups OL is a mirror image of their DL if I am not mistaken. The trenches is where this game is controlled. But whoever can get atheletes into space will win this game. Still going with the Rams by 2-3 scores.
Pages: 1 2