Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro @ South Laurel 9/9/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts on this matchup?

Middlesboro is coming off a big win against rival Pineville after changing up the offensive scheme a bit. South Laurel also comes in with 1 win against Harrison County. I don't know much about SL so I'd like to be educated if anyone can share.
Last year Matt Harp ran the ball 31 times for 204 yards and 2 TDs. Adrian Fultz was 4/1 with 107/2 INTs/1 TD.

For Middlesboro, Capps was leading rusher with 46 yards on 7 carries. Elliott was 8/23 for 157 yards/ 1 INT/ 2 TDs.
South Laurel won 35-19.
Jackets by 7
South looked like state champs in first half vs rock last week
Rock woke up and fished the game
South Laurel 35
Middlesboro 21
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
South laurel 45 and middlesboro 28
Cards by 7
Going with Jackets 24-21
Back to reality.

SL 36
Jackets 21
Jackets 28
Cards 14

Rolling on, with win #2.
If South plays like the did last week, running clock. They gave Rock all they wanted for a long while. Rock is pretty good football team. I know they had the QB out ,but still good team.

South big
South Laurel 27-13
I've not heard yet whether Williams or Elliott for Middlesboro will play. Anybody have any news?
South wins this game!
If Whitley man handles M'boro, south wins!!
South wins big
South BIG
Show of hands for all the big that predicted Pineville BIG that are also predicting South BIG.
Middlesboro Wrote:South BIG

Also curious as to how many players quit after Pineville game, as you said would happen.
Jackets will make it interesting but South has to many bodies
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Also curious as to how many players quit after Pineville game, as you said would happen.

I hear the two quit before and using injuries as a way not to play? One doesn't want to play anyway, he quit earlier and was talked into coming back by one of the assistants? The other mad....I see his point. Just what I hear. But you are right no one quit after the game.
You've heard wrong. One is legitimately injured and the other was held out of last game for missing practice.
Played well without them last week
Wrong , he may have miss practice but told them he wasnt going to play because he was hurt. That is why the trainer was working with him. That is why they say he is done. But you can tell everyone that is how it is.
Would not have been close if they would have played.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:You've heard wrong. One is legitimately injured and the other was held out of last game for missing practice.

Is that the story that they are telling? I guess it makes it look better.

Back to half truths or just not telling the whole story?
He knows better.
Middlesboro 21-14
The ole gang back together on the message boards after badly missing their predictions for last week. Good to see you guys come out of the woodwork to not talk about the game at all but surprise...talk about how the coaches are handling things. What I know for certain is what Chase's dad himself has told me about his son. What I also know for sure is that the coaches knew 100% that Isaiah wasn't going to get in the game against Pineville. Now, whether it was because he was hurt and refused to practice, hurt and skipped practice, or because the coaches held him out....either way...they did fine without him in a game that most of you guys thought they had no prayer of winning because supposedly, they were much worse than the season before. At least give a tip of the cap to the coaching staff for adjusting to the personnel available to them and winning a game you all think they shouldn't have won.

Looking forward to tonight. Whomever is out there, I know they will compete hard. Lining up against these huge schools is getting pretty old though.
Same people trying to start something out of nothing. Elliott is competitor and wants to be out there (i heard broken rib)? and Williams is battling with back issues and spent most of last week at the Dr. I would expect them both back soon but then again who knows. But....no skipping practice, no coaches holding them out and no one wanting to quit so they fake an injury.
Pages: 1 2