Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bowling Green 31-St. Xavier 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Purples beat St. X 31-10. It was a great game. The Tigers played hard, but were just overmatched. I'm so proud of the Purple defense. They held St. X scoreless in the 2nd half. Purples travel to Owensboro next week.
:Thumbs::igiveup::worthy:
adopted purple Wrote:The Purples beat St. X 31-10. It was a great game. The Tigers played hard, but were just overmatched. I'm so proud of the Purple defense. They held St. X scoreless in the 2nd half. Purples travel to Owensboro next week.

Go Purples :Cheerlead
Purples putting on a show
Good lord!!!
I knew it. I can see that BG is light years ahead of anyone in 5a and may be the second or third best team in the state as a whole.
Nobody in 5A will touch BG.
I'm sorry, but 21 points??? How good is this BG team really?
What has happened to St. Xavier? They have really fallen off consistently over the last 4-5 years. Not taking anything away from BG. Great job by them. There is little doubt that they are the best team in the state outside of Louisville.
Would love to see BG Trinity game
I sure wish BG could play Belfry. I'm tired of hearing from those over there how the Pirates are light years ahead of anyone except for Trinity. I really think they would find out differently. Make no mistake, I think Belfry is dang good but, BG is for real.
St X. was able to hold the Purples running game to 24 yards, but they had no answer for the passing game or special teams. Two interceptions, a fumble recovery, and two blocked punts. Bowling Green goes two and three deep at every position and they excel at those positions. I don't know if they could beat Trinity this year, but I think they could give them a better game than anyone else in the state.
Don't count Male out
Trinity, BG and Belfry are class of Kentucky. Mayfield is king of the little guys
This is Trinity, BG, and Belfry's world. We're all just living in it.
I would say if Belfry was in 6a this year, they would be around #4-5. I know Belfry people will take that as an insult but, they shouldn't. I just think they could get beat at any time by T, X, Male, McCracken or Ryle. But, they should, they are a school of only half the size or less. I also could see Belfry beating anyone of these teams except for probably T or Male.