Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro 23 Pineville 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Congrats to Jackets
Way to go Mboro, everyone can back into the canoe...
3 TD's called back , gonna estimate over 200 years in penalties, big play after big play called back and without Williams and Elliot and we still found a way to win .. Congrats Jackets
OldJacket Wrote:Way to go Mboro, everyone can back into the canoe...

I've never lost faith. So many people telling me I'm a blind optimist. Probably the same people that predicted Pineville would win by 28 points.

More penalties than I have ever seen called in a game. Can't wait to see those totals...for both teams.

Unreal really that Middlesboro was able to win without its top two weapons. For those that couldn't watch, they did make some changes to their offense. More QB runs than we've had all season.
Middlesboro needed this one.
insideinfo Wrote:Middlesboro needed this one.

Understatement of the year.
Great win for those kids. I have never seen a game called that way in my life. Had to be 400 yards in penalties . Very exciting game. Jackets win. Coaches going after players of the other team, coaches and players ejected and how many defenseless players hits were called? Had to be 10. Put one in win colum. Jackets fought hard. Wow.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:I've never lost faith. So many people telling me I'm a blind optimist. Probably the same people that predicted Pineville would win by 28 points.

More penalties than I have ever seen called in a game. Can't wait to see those totals...for both teams.

Unreal really that Middlesboro was able to win without its top two weapons. For those that couldn't watch, they did make some changes to their offense. More QB runs than we've had all season.

That would be me picking the 28pt point win for Pineville. I can eat crow :okay: congratulations Middlesboro on win tonight :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:That would be me picking the 28pt point win for Pineville. I can eat crow :okay: congratulations Middlesboro on win tonight :Cheerlead

You weren't the only one but I respect you owning it. I don't think there was a team in the state that needed a win more than Middlesboro.
Were 2 Pineville coaches tossed or just Elam?
Hopefully they have righted the ship
E's Army Wrote:Hopefully they have righted the ship

A win is a plus but there still probably aren't many of them on the schedule this year. I will say this, even though we won without him, if we continue to run that offense for the rest of the season, you have to go with Chase Elliott at QB. If the QB is going to be run first then it shouldn't be a big decision to make.
Way to go Jackets hate to see all the extra stuff... Especially from the coach of Pineville.... I would say close to 500 yards in penaltys.... Big Win for the jackets.... Could get a little streak going here with South Laurel up next!
You have been quiet all week, did this one worry you? I agree, we can get 3 more right here if we will fight like we did tonight. We have to clean up all the penalties and personal fouls. Must keep all assistant coaches on sideline , that could have been big as well.
Middlesboro is getting better. It sounds like from what everyone is saying, Pineville had some extra help last night.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:A win is a plus but there still probably aren't many of them on the schedule this year. I will say this, even though we won without him, if we continue to run that offense for the rest of the season, you have to go with Chase Elliott at QB. If the QB is going to be run first then it shouldn't be a big decision to make.

I saw where you found a post ironic, here is what is funny. Middlesboro gets first win of season and a big win. Within in hours of the victory you post that a QB change is what has to happen. If this offense is what they run. You say it is obvious. I find your ironic post very ironic. You want to start one of the things that can divide a team faster than speed of light. Let coaches , coach, cheer your team on. Enjoy the victory.
Predator/Prey Wrote:I saw where you found a post ironic, here is what is funny. Middlesboro gets first win of season and a big win. Within in hours of the victory you post that a QB change is what has to happen. If this offense is what they run. You say it is obvious. I find your ironic post very ironic. You want to start one of the things that can divide a team faster than speed of light. Let coaches , coach, cheer your team on. Enjoy the victory.

Unless you watched the game and knew the situation, you would have no clue why it was so obvious. I've thoroughly enjoyed this victory.

Obviously you have no clue why I made the ironic post either. It had to do with the specific poster that made it. Again, if you knew the situation more clearly you would agree.

I've been one of the only ones saying this team has a chance. I've taken up for kids when no one else would. Saying that a certain quarterback fits a certain scheme better isn't a big deal. Ellison is the obvious QB if you hope to pass the ball. Elliott is the more likely QB if the QB is going to run the ball more than 15 times. I also hope you call out every poster that makes a suggestion about how their team could be better.

Please don't branch out into literary terms. Your application of "ironic" isn't accurate.

Awesome win for the Jackets! I hope everyone would now agree with my assessment of improvement since Pineville supposedly returned a better team than last year and we were able to win this time. It was a good step in the right direction.
We did not play well at all, especially early. Then the game got out of hand and Middlesboro backs into a victory. I guess we are their Harlan this year. Bad loss for us in more ways than one. Have to move on.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Unless you watched the game and knew the situation, you would have no clue why it was so obvious. I've thoroughly enjoyed this victory.

Obviously you have no clue why I made the ironic post either. It had to do with the specific poster that made it. Again, if you knew the situation more clearly you would agree.

I've been one of the only ones saying this team has a chance. I've taken up for kids when no one else would. Saying that a certain quarterback fits a certain scheme better isn't a big deal. Ellison is the obvious QB if you hope to pass the ball. Elliott is the more likely QB if the QB is going to run the ball more than 15 times. I also hope you call out every poster that makes a suggestion about how their team could be better.

Please don't branch out into literary terms. Your application of "ironic" isn't accurate.

Awesome win for the Jackets! I hope everyone would now agree with my assessment of improvement since Pineville supposedly returned a better team than last year and we were able to win this time. It was a good step in the right direction.

It is simple, let the coaches coach. They will make that decision, unless you are at practice everyday and know all the in and outs. I just found that funny. From what I heard, and I was not there, was a 60 yard pass on 3 rd and long is actually what won the game. It got Middlesboro inside 10 with seconds to go. Either way, I guess you can not satisfy everyone.
I have to give much respect to the jackets I also predicted Pineville to win by a touchdown or two but was very shocked it seems like middlesboro plays better without their "studs" maybe the jackets have found something to hang their hat on and very happy to see them pull out a W. On the other hand did anyone see how disrespectful the Mountain Lions were with their actions? A player and head coach ejected? I couldnt tell if i was at a football game or a comedy barn XD! Good game jackets way to pull it outn
I was disappointed in actions of both teams and coaches to be honest. Way to many penalties and personal fouls. Let us not cast a stone one way or another. We had a coach that got flagged as well. For running on the field and what he said. Theirs got two flags and ejected. I don't care who you are if you know anything about football, you know that you can not have that many penalties. It was not like they were not committed, IMO all flags should have been thrown. Must be cleaned up on both sides going forward.
Absolutely agree on the penalties. Sadly, they were all warranted.
Predator/Prey Wrote:It is simple, let the coaches coach. They will make that decision, unless you are at practice everyday and know all the in and outs. I just found that funny. From what I heard, and I was not there, was a 60 yard pass on 3 rd and long is actually what won the game. It got Middlesboro inside 10 with seconds to go. Either way, I guess you can not satisfy everyone.

I was a 3 yard pass that the receiver made special.
NextGeneration Wrote:You have been quiet all week, did this one worry you? I agree, we can get 3 more right here if we will fight like we did tonight. We have to clean up all the penalties and personal fouls. Must keep all assistant coaches on sideline , that could have been big as well.

Keep all assistant coaches on the sideline???
How bout McWilliams? Give him some touches after taking a huge roll in a much need win.
I had to be out of town this entire weekend. Congratulations Jackets!!! You guys needed this win. I, too, thought Pineville would be the victor and evidently this was one hard fought game.

Good job!!
Jackets get win number one. Sounds like a wild one. Can they double the win total from last year?
I was afraid the wheels were about to come off for Middlesboro. Good to see the kids dig deep
NextGeneration Wrote:I was disappointed in actions of both teams and coaches to be honest. Way to many penalties and personal fouls. Let us not cast a stone one way or another. We had a coach that got flagged as well. For running on the field and what he said. Theirs got two flags and ejected. I don't care who you are if you know anything about football, you know that you can not have that many penalties. It was not like they were not committed, IMO all flags should have been thrown. Must be cleaned up on both sides going forward.

I agree about the penalties, obviously have to clean that up. I think Mboro ended the night with over 220 yards in penalties (three of them took TD's off the board) to Pineville's 90 yards. Most of them were either holding or illegal targeting on hits away from ball. Have to clean that up, however, I do want to clarify the personal foul on Mboro coaches. That one is on the refs IMO because they weren't doing their jobs. A Pineville player was on top of a Mboro player laying flat on the ground just punching the crap out of him. It was just a few yards in front of Mboro coaches box. After 5-6 punches and the refs not even seeing it a couple of the coaches ran out to break it up. By the time the refs saw it the fight was broken up but the Mboro assistants were still on the field and got flagged.
Pages: 1 2