Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Windows Vista
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How many plan to upgrade from xp? It comes out after midnight tonight.
I know that alot of people will have a couple setbacks. One being not enough ram as it takes 1gb of ram to run and one being no dvd rom.
They should get most of the bugs worked out by around April. I'll probably just buy a new computer with all new compatible software at that time.
Tomcat68 Wrote:They should get most of the bugs worked out by around April. I'll probably just buy a new computer with all new compatible software at that time.

I can say I tried the evaluational copy out a couple weeks ago and didn't really experience any bugs on mine.Most old software seems to work just fine as I tried norton 07 without the vista update patch that symantech put out and a few other programs I use on a regular basis.I even tried yahoo messenger and a couple other ones. I know yahoo made a new yahoo messenger from scratch that is about to go beta just for vista but the old ones for xp/98 so forth work also.
I am going to grab my windows vista ultimate full edition off ebay no way am I paying 400 for a o/s.
So what are suppose to be some of the changes made to it,
If you go here you can see some of the changes

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/m...sp?msno=81
I like the encryption of you're drive!!!!
Looks the these are that minumum specs for windows vista ultimate

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
Language(s): English
Min Processor Type: 800 MHz
Min RAM Size: 512 MB
Media: DVD-ROM
I think to make it run smooth 1gb or bigger is better

It takes about 15 gbs of you're hard drive for the install so at least a 80 gb hard drive or more is what i would use for ultimate
I think I will upgrade. How much does it cost?
warriorpride Wrote:I think I will upgrade. How much does it cost?
Go to that link I posted and it will help you choose which verison of windows vista is right for you.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Go to that link I posted and it will help you choose which verison of windows vista is right for you.

Alright thanks.
My boyfriend and I already have it TongueirateSho I just need to buy another stick of ram before installing it so it will run smoothly... but I dig it, it's already on his computer... very stylish!