Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mercer County 48 Bell County 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final Confusederiously:
Supposedly they agreed to end this one earlier after a Bell player suffered a substantial injury and had to leave by ambulance.

Can anyone confirm who the player was and if they are OK?
Maybe Whitley will finally end that losing streak to Bell this year.
Congrats to Mercer. Could be a long year on Log Mountain.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Supposedly they agreed to end this one earlier after a Bell player suffered a substantial injury and had to leave by ambulance.

Can anyone confirm who the player was and if they are OK?

Pretty sure the radio guys mention a number but I want repeat it. They said his knee was on the ground and his leg was sticking up in the air. They also said he was moving around ok whatever that meant. Then they call the game off.
What does 70k get you in Bell County?

A running clock.
Prayers go out to this young man, hip dislocation. Will see what report says.
WhyLie Wrote:Prayers go out to this young man, hip dislocation. Will see what report says.

Hope he is fine. Scary situation.
Finis Wrote:What does 70k get you in Bell County?

A running clock.
And

Double TE ground and pound
Finis Wrote:What does 70k get you in Bell County?

A running clock.

Objective Wrote:And

Double TE ground and pound

:hilarious:
Lack of player interest on Log Mountain, first I have seen in my 30 years of watching Bobcat football. Could be a long season on Log Mountain. 4-6 looks about right. Lost another player tonight, I hope this kid is alright.
Prayers for the injured player. Worst part of this game for sure is the risk these young men take every time they strap up. Practice or game - always a risk.
Off season weight program and conditioning is starting to show. 2 games and 3 major injuries!
When was Bell County's last losing season? Dudley's first season?
They have hired a guy that has no clue or interest in coaching this team. He is in the postion to make money for himself and his brother. They are not improving the program, not teaching any fundamentals and not teaching discipline at all.

The only thing that may give them a chance at a winning season is the pride of the youngmen and weakness of the opposite district.
Gitback Coach Wrote:When was Bell County's last losing season? Dudley's first season?

1982 Bell County went 0-11. Dudley never had a losing season.
Wow. Bad situation on Log mountain. Pray the kid is ok.
Coach Hilton and Coach Mills never had losing seasons. Be interested to go back and see their win loss record. Bell leadership has dropped the ball and sent program back to early 80's status not to mention dropping the boys by putting them in this situation. Pitiful what has happened and leadership did it all. Sick.
Running Back Wrote:Coach Hilton and Coach Mills never had losing seasons. Be interested to go back and see their win loss record. Bell leadership has dropped the ball and sent program back to early 80's status not to mention dropping the boys by putting them in this situation. Pitiful what has happened and leadership did it all. Sick.
Exactly right but I guess if this coach fails RG will blame the coach!!
1983 was last year for losing season, but Corbin has our number the past 2 years. The program was starting downward and needed a change. JMO, it will hit rock bottom before season is over!
Bobcat4years Wrote:1983 was last year for losing season, but Corbin has our number the past 2 years. The program was starting downward and needed a change. JMO, it will hit rock bottom before season is over!

Difference of opinion which is legit but I guess you can sit back and enjoy that change.
Sometimes change is not a good thing. Hate to see Bell sink so low.
RG and YG are to blame for the School and District for being a failing school and district period, not just athletics. Incompetent leadership is to blame, it is pathetic. It will hit rock bottom and may never get back up.
William Muney Wrote:RG and YG are to blame for the School and District for being a failing school and district period, not just athletics. Incompetent leadership is to blame, it is pathetic. It will hit rock bottom and may never get back up.
It really is sad...
Bobcat4years Wrote:1983 was last year for losing season, but Corbin has our number the past 2 years. The program was starting downward and needed a change. JMO, it will hit rock bottom before season is over!

It wasn't 83 they went 6-5. 1982 Bell was 0-11.
I thought this may happen with Mercer's speed and athleticism, but it felt weird, like a lot of you have stated, to actually see it happen. Bell County Football has always been synonymous with winning and being a tough to team to beat on any given night ever since I can remember watching/hearing about them playing. Hopefully the situation gets fixed because high school football and mountain football is better when the Bobcats are competitive
It feels weird to see neither Rock nor Bell as true state contenders.
T24 Wrote:I thought this may happen with Mercer's speed and athleticism, but it felt weird, like a lot of you have stated, to actually see it happen. Bell County Football has always been synonymous with winning and being a tough to team to beat on any given night ever since I can remember watching/hearing about them playing. Hopefully the situation gets fixed because high school football and mountain football is better when the Bobcats are competitive

I agree. November Election will hopefully be the first step. Then they will need new leadership in the HS. Our best teachers and kids are leaving in droves.
What has happened to all the running backs in Bell Co. Seems like to me you guys just kept producing one good one after another for years.