Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 42 Williamsburg 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Somerset...
Congrats to Bunnies.
Close game going into the 4th, Somerset just wore the the Jackets down...Congrats to Somerset...Really happy where this young Jacket team is this early in the year, the future looks good...
OldJacket Wrote:Final from Somerset...

Congrats to the Jumpers !... Williamsburg is impressive thus far even with an 0-2 start. They are ahead of schedule and moving back towards the top. They could be a tough out this season come playoff time.
I was thinking the same thing.,,,
From the sound of it these first two weeks, Williamsburg has just ran out of gas in the end.
Redneck Wrote:From the sound of it these first two weeks, Williamsburg has just ran out of gas in the end.

Could be a very dangerous team come playoff time.. How's there running GSM though..
Two tough tests to open season. Doesn't get any easier next week with Leslie County. Bunnies have a bunch of weapons.
Williamsburg offense is legit. They are very good. Very well coached with a good qb and a lot of kids that can catch. Most of their success was through the air. Williamsburg defense however had a tough time tackling Doan and Reese. Somerset ground game is looking great, Doan was a beast last night and I believe the passing game will get better each and every week. Somerset defense is very tough against the run so far. Very impressed with how much more physical the entire Somerset team is from the past two seasons. Go Jumpers! Beat Beechwood!
I have missed diagnose Williamsburg this year I only have seem them played against middlesboro in a pre-season game. They will win District if everybody can stay healthy. Qb Alec Poore is having a great year. :Cheerlead
Looks like 64 was misleading me about this bunch of orange jackets.
shs74 Wrote:Williamsburg offense is legit. They are very good. Very well coached with a good qb and a lot of kids that can catch. Most of their success was through the air. Williamsburg defense however had a tough time tackling Doan and Reese. Somerset ground game is looking great, Doan was a beast last night and I believe the passing game will get better each and every week. Somerset defense is very tough against the run so far. Very impressed with how much more physical the entire Somerset team is from the past two seasons. Go Jumpers! Beat Beechwood!

Physicality is the critical difference in this Shs team. There aren't a whole lot of secondary's that are gonna have success with the burg, they're surgical in their short game stuff.
64SUR Wrote:I have missed diagnose Williamsburg this year I only have seem them played against middlesboro in a pre-season game. They will win District if everybody can stay healthy. Qb Alec Poore is having a great year. :Cheerlead

I saw their scrimmage on film and would of thought the same thing. Completely different team from that game. The last two games they have just gotten worn out. If they can get a few kids who don't play as much, if there are any, to step up they could be very dangerous by the end of the year.
Cobraxx Wrote:I saw their scrimmage on film and would of thought the same thing. Completely different team from that game. The last two games they have just gotten worn out. If they can get a few kids who don't play as much, if there are any, to step up they could be very dangerous by the end of the year.

I think 3 big starting lineman quit 2 week prior to the middlesboro game. I thought Uh oh Williamsburg would be hurting bad. Dang I was wrong and I will admit it on BGR. Williamsburg is back with less player in 1A. :Cheerlead
Burg is definitely a lot better, but let's get realistic.... They allowed about 350 yards rushing last night: you're not going to beat a lot of people doing that. Doan rushed for around 250 himself.

Granted Doan is likely the best RB they'll see all year and Reece is serviceable as a running threat at QB but they've gotta cut that in half against good teams to win (I think they will but it may not be til district for them)
JumperPride1 Wrote:Burg is definitely a lot better, but let's get realistic.... They allowed about 350 yards rushing last night: you're not going to beat a lot of people doing that. Doan rushed for around 250 himself.

Granted Doan is likely the best RB they'll see all year and Reece is serviceable as a running threat at QB but they've gotta cut that in half against good teams to win (I think they will but it may not be til district for them)

Somerset will need to play better defense themselves giving up 27pts to a 1A Williamsburg team that is in a rebuilding year. :pondering:
64SUR Wrote:Somerset will need to play better defense themselves giving up 27pts to a 1A Williamsburg team that is in a rebuilding year. :pondering:

Yes they will or they will lose their next 3 games.

My comment wasn't meant to be derogatory, jumpers struggled against basically one route combination all night.
Both teams are much better than last year.
Good coaching and good effort for the Jackets!! Good things yet to come!! They've got to find some depth somewhere. If not on the sideline maybe walk down the halls of the school?? Small school and I'm sure they have just about everybody out but there has to be some bodies up there??? This team is real close