Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro vs Whitley County Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No score yet in the first but I've just learned that play has stopped for an ambulance to remove a player from the field. Prayers go out for the kid and his family.
The player involved was Nate Jackson.
Hope Nate is okay
Whitley County 8
Middlesboro 0

End of 1st Quarter
Whitley Co. 14
Middlesboro 0

Whitley scored on a 10 yd pass to Downs.

Can someone who is at the game give some better analysis at the half?
Go Colonels
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Whitley Co. 14
Middlesboro 0

Can someone who is at the game give some better analysis at the half?

Ill give you some stats at halftime.

According to Whitleys radio guys, Mboro is lucky they aren't down a lot more. Whitley struggling to finish off drives due to fumbles in the redzone.
Mboro also seems to be falling apart on offense now and the yardage disparity is pretty large.
Interesting on the Middlesboro offense. Flat out, if Elliott isn't getting more touches than he did last week, our offense is not utilizing one of our best weapons.
Still a long way to go in this football game .. Go Jackets
136 rushing 1 td
10 passing 1 td
1 turnover

Nate Jackson, Whitey starting RB went out on first play of the game with arm injury

48 yards rushing
2 yards passing
2 turnovers
Just curious, has Chase Elliott touched the ball for Middlesboro?

If Middlesboro hadn't thrown that interception that got returned to within the 10, we may be looking at a 7-0 game here. Like Intimidator said, a lot of game left but I'd really like to have a reason to think we will score.
WC 20
Mboro 0

2 passes for whitley both TD's
Whitley better find a kicker.
There two point conversion game is extremely weak
It sounds like Whitley County is following the Bell County formula and just running it straight at Middlesboro.

Middlesboro simply does not have the depth to compete for 4 quarters against a big school like Whitley County playing by that gameplan. We saw it last week against Bell Co. I was hopeful that they would try to throw it a bit more but why would they?

Different week, same story. Starting to get pretty frustrating.
Actually I just saw that it was a 62 yard pass. That negates most of what I just said except for the frustrating part. lol
First team to score 26 wins Smile
WC 26
Mboro 0
Glad I didn't make it to this one. I think I will just put the computer away and watch another channel.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:WC 26
Mboro 0
😏 gnite , warm up the buses .
Colonels!
WC 32
Mboro 0

Whitley fails to get 2 for the 4th time
Colonels needed this one.
Wow. Hats off the WC. I suppose I've overestimated our improvement this year. That much is obvious.
Mboro throws another pick. Has to be 4 or 5 now
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Wow. Hats off the WC. I suppose I've overestimated our improvement this year. That much is obvious.

whitley is quite a bit better this year and the Corbin score has more to do with corbin than it did whitley, but I didn't expect it to get this bad. Whitley is about to put a running clock up with the next score
WC 38
Mboro 0

running clock

could be 42-0 with a kicker. I hope hes back off injury in 2 weeks after the bye
late in 4th
mboro runs kickoff back

WC 38
Mboro 8
Ha! Here come the Jackets!!
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Just curious, has Chase Elliott touched the ball for Middlesboro?

If Middlesboro hadn't thrown that interception that got returned to within the 10, we may be looking at a 7-0 game here. Like Intimidator said, a lot of game left but I'd really like to have a reason to think we will score.

One touch in the game, the carry went for the only first down we had in the first half. He was injured early in the second half on a kick return and didn't play anymore. It was more of the same...