Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central vs Breathitt County Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Perry Central 21
Breathitt County 7

3:42 1st Quarter
Perry Central 28
Breathitt County 7

1:28 1st Quarter

Jacob Woolum is running wild.
Wow!!!! 28 points in one quarter is unexceptable, especially to a below average Perry Central team!!!
Perry fumbles on first play of second quarter, Breathitt takes over on their own 23.
Breathitt fumbles on their own 31 on fourth down, Perry takes over with 9:11 to go in the 2nd.
Refs eject Jacob Woolum, big loss to Commodores offense. Jayden Neace walks into the endzone from 2 yards out on the next play.

Perry Central 35
Breathitt County 7

2 minutes or so left in the 2nd.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Refs eject Jacob Woolum, big loss to Commodores offense. Jayden Neace walks into the endzone from 2 yards out on the next play.

Perry Central 35
Breathitt County 7

2 minutes or so left in the 2nd.

Wow, just wow.
Score is still 35-7 Perry, Perry is driving, 3:20 to go in the second. Misheard the time earlier.
Perry Central misses a 37 yard field goal wide left. Breathitt takes over on their own 20, Breathitt snaps the ball over the quarterbacks head on the first play, Commodores recover it in the endzone. 2pt conversion pending.

Perry Central 41
Breathitt County 7

late in the 2nd.
I'M thinking my Lynn Camp prediction is lookin pretty good .
Dores come to play tonight
2pt conversion good, Perry now has the running clock.

Perry Central 43
Breathitt County 7
I give up!!! I know it's early, but it's time for a head coaching change!!!
Breathitt makes a few big plays and scores with 47 seconds to go in the half. 2pt Conversion was successful.

Perry Central 43
Breathitt County 15
Perry 43
Breathitt 15

Halftime
Breathitt County takes the ball to start the second half, fakes and punt and gets into Commodore territory, then commits another fumble. Breathitt then picks up 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.
Wow, sad.
Perry Central 49
Breathitt County 15

6:47 3rd Quarter
Cat Daddy Wrote:I give up!!! I know it's early, but it's time for a head coaching change!!!

What difference will that make?
#7 Ethan Little ejected for Breathitt after a big play for the Bobcats. Breathitt has the ball on the Perry 44 with a little under 6 minutes to go in the 3rd.
Perry Central 49
Breathitt County 21

4:40 left in the 3rd
Perry Central 57
Breathitt County 21

Radio guys didn't give the time, i'd imagine very late in the 3rd.
This is crazy we need major changes @ breathitt. I mean we aren't exactly playing belfry or a traditional power.
Something has to be done this sucks if possible our defense is worse than last year
Perry Central 63
Breathitt County 21

Radio guys not giving the time remaining, but it is a running clock in the 4th.
Do not know what needs to happen. Just want to see the kids show more discipline and have more consistent execution.
Breathitt fumbles the kickoff, Perry takes over on the Bobcats 38. Nightmare of a game for Breathitt.
That comes from coaching. Discipline and execution are totally based on coaching.
wolfcat Wrote:That comes from coaching. Discipline and execution are totally based on coaching.

I agree Wolfcat, I just can't believe how far we have fallen. Unbelievable!!!!
Who would they get to coach? Let's face it Breathitt isn't what it was 15-20 years ago. The kids in high school haven't had hardly any coach in youth football. Breathitt won't be very good till the young travel teams they have started get into high school. Those will be the next kids that have been coached correctly from youth football all the way to high school.

Coach Moore was setup to fail from the moment he took over. You're not going to come into a team where the last coach built the program into a state powerhouse with great players over a 10 year span and then just have the same success. Coach Halcomb knew the well had run dry when it comes to top notch talent and he got out. Not to mention that when the state took over Breathitt's football program changed completely.
[B]Number 1.[/B] There isn't a coach in the state of Kentucky that would be willing to do what Kyle Moore did. Step in after what most people consider to be a legend and knowing that the talent pool had turned into a dried up puddle. It was coaching suicide from the start, but it was this guys dream job to be the lead man of the team of his glory days.
[B]Number 2[/B]. There is NO coach in the state of Kentucky that would put in the extra hours of work like this guy does. Who do you think dreamed up this idea of the Lumberjacks? It wasn't Mike Holcomb, I can tell you that. Without Kyle Moore the spiral would continue until Breathitt football becomes nothing more than a faint memory.
[B]Number 3.[/B] If you could bring in another coach who would it be? Justin Haddix, the guy that bolted the first chance he got and never even put in for the job because he knew that it was a lost cause (no blame assigned here)? You don't have enough money. What's your other options? Bring Holcomb back to the head position? He wouldn't have it because he would be afraid of tarnishing his reputation. He left because he knew what was going on and he did nothing at Letcher because he just wanted to boost his retirement. So please tell me a better man for the job. Better yet, tell me someone that would even want it besides maybe Justin Combs, who's a great guy, and may very well end up being a good coach once he finds a place that will stick with him and give him some time to build a program, but he hasn't even been an Assistant on a team with a successful season.

Kyle Moore was here during the glory days of the mid to late 90's as a player. He was an assistant from the mid 00's up until his recent tenure as head coach and during that time Breathitt won District titles, Regional titles, and was a State Runner-up for one of those years, with several undefeated regular seasons. There is not a more qualified person that would even want the job than this man and if you believe there is, then obviously you need to re-evaluate things and sober up.

What this guy needs is some help. When you have 40 players playing 8-10 or 12 positions it's kind of hard to do things on your own. He has what, 2 assistants that he can count on with actual playing and/or coaching experience. It's a shame that a man with the desire he has isn't given the opportunities that others have at some of these schools being able to at least get someone, who he thinks would be beneficial to the program, an interview. Blame who you want, but if you have any sense at all you would have a talk with you're administration, rather than throwing it at Coach Moore. It began with Arch Turner and his desire to see Breathitt become a basketball school once again, and it snowballed into the pile of crap that was known as Larry Hammonds and Tim Spencer and it trickled down to some others as well. I could name others as well, but those 3 pieces of garbage started it all and because of them it is what you see today and your only hope of ever seeing it return to its previous glory is leaving coach Moore alone, maybe put some pressure on your board members or administration to help this guy out, and working with your kid to be a better athlete rather than telling him how good he is giving him a stinking participation trophy.
Pages: 1 2