Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Marshall County @ Mayfield 08/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and Predictions :hilarious:
Does Mayfield have a lifetime contract with Fort Campbell and Marshall. Just curious Confusednicker: Is this a rivalry game or just and early warm-up game for Mccracken County. :worthy:

Mayfield 56
Marshall 07
No, this will be the last year Mayfield will play these two. They both are dropping the Cards. I have been told that the Marshalls are better this year and will challenge the new look Cards. I still feel like they will be get busted when they try a false arrest of the Cardinals a little out of their jurisdiction this year.

Mayfield 42
Marshall Co 6
Mayfield will lose Corbin next year, as well, as this Lindsey Wilson thing was a 2 year deal, so, The Cards will have to pick up 3 new opponents starting next year.. Hopkinsville is a very good addition.. Who the other 3 will be is anyone's guess.. I think F.Simpson would be a good one to try and add.. I'd imagine the FS fans would rather see a Mayfield to start the season than they would a weak Portland, Tn..
Mayfield by as many as they want.
Ok........whose got the tougher challenge this week? Mayfield with Marshall or McCracken with Warren Central. I feel sorry for players/parents that love football and go to schools were nobody cares. Warren Central has had three coaches in three years. How does that happen?
I would say we have the tougher challenge. I have heard inside info that Marshall will be pretty formidable this year. They are big and strong up front. Their qb can throw well and they have a good back.
mysonis55 Wrote:I would say we have the tougher challenge. I have heard inside info that Marshall will be pretty formidable this year. They are big and strong up front. Their qb can throw well and they have a good back.

Are you telling me I'm way off on my prediction mytoughsonis55.

Mayfield 56
Marshall County 06

Confusedtare:
Franklin Simpson wants no part of Mayfield. They are dropping Caldwell Co. So, no, they do not want Mayfield.
mysonis55 Wrote:I would say we have the tougher challenge. I have heard inside info that Marshall will be pretty formidable this year. They are big and strong up front. Their qb can throw well and they have a good back.

I hang my hat in Marshall County everynight, and im even laughing. Most of the big strong guys are in Ag, or welding class. I seriously doubt they will give Mayfield a game. Could they be improved yes, but id be shocked if they keep from a running clock.
Mayfield by 52
Marshall has little or no chance against Mayfield.
The front 4 on D for the Marshalls are seriously good. They also have a good linebacker. If we can protect the backfield, our speed is too much for them. They also have a very big O line. I understand they are 250-300 across the line. They also have a good RB.
Seem to me mayfield is always playing the toughest team of the week if anybody is paying attention to mysonis55. Then I get on BGR late on Friday night an it's a running clock game. Remind me of Clay County Basketball Coach Bobby Keith pre-game radio show. He would say if you're setting at the house tonight and you hear me on the radio. Get your butt out tonight game because we are in for a old fashion barn burner game tonight. Some of his quotes This will be Jackson County best team ever, Redbird is coming in thinking Upset, OBI got one of New York best prospects in the Country.......But then the final horn goes off at the end of the game and Clay win by 50pts 3000 people leaves the gym saying coach said it was going to be a barn burner. So 55 you and Coach Keith takes nobody for granted. :truestory:
Mayfield 54 Marshall 14
Should never overlook anyone.
Do have some big kids....?

Eric Galvan 311
Brent Weitlauf 311
Nico Galvan 296
Chase Chambers 280
Keegan Cole 270
Came Thurman 255
Chet Cretsinger 250
Logan Byrd 242
Joseph Faughn 240
Dawson Martin 230
Noah Mcclure 218
Jacob Haney 217
Blake Myhand 215
Marshall Co has improved, but sideways was the only other option from last season. Problem here is Mayfield may be a bit better as well (hard to imagine but true). Running clock, late score for Marshall.
42-7 Mayfield
Does the Clock Run the first half, like the PTHS vs. MCHS game? The only gaming bet to be made in this one. I'm saying no, Marshall within 35 pts at the half.