Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Brock vs. Orton Fiasco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Work or shoot?
It was a work, but they just didn't intend on having a blood bath.
Shoot.

No way it was a Work.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Shoot.

No way it was a Work.

Have to agree with Pulp on this one even though some of the wrestling boards claim WWE said it was a work. I also read on some sites that Brock went off script due to Orton's comments about him being juiced. If it was a work then it was in poor taste, and it looked awful live, especially with Lesnar still hitting Orton while he laid in a pool of blood barely moving.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqbzUcNUEAAhgVO.jpg
[Image: giphy.gif]
Did they write this up in order to give him a suspension to write him out until he is needed again?
Ok guys, i love that some of you are keeping kayfabe alive, but lets be realistic. It was 100% work. Shane coming out and taking a f5 immediately after should have tipped you off on that.
How many times have you heard of somebody actually winning a match via TKO????

The F5 to Shane may have been a Work after the fact... but the elbow and results from the elbow was a Shoot.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:How many times have you heard of somebody actually winning a match via TKO????

The F5 to Shane may have been a Work after the fact... but the elbow and results from the elbow was a Shoot.

Kevin Owens won the NXT Title via TKO.

This was a total work.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:How many times have you heard of somebody actually winning a match via TKO????

According to the wrestling observer Randy knew it was going to happen the whole time. They might not have meant to have that much blood, but the whole thing was planned.
zaga_fan Wrote:Kevin Owens won the NXT Title via TKO.

This was a total work.

True, and for me that time worked alot better then the brock one.
zaga_fan Wrote:Kevin Owens won the NXT Title via TKO.

This was a total work.

The main event of SummerSlam... plus it was promoted on a UFC pay-per-view ending like it this. No way.

I'm not buying it.... maybe if Lesnar would have beat Mark Hunt at UFC 200 in a similar fashion.
So does this mean we are entering a new 'Bloody' era of WWE?

Are the TV-PG ratings a thing of the past?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I'm a mark

I agree.
But in all honesty, wrestling is more fun and entertaining if you believe what they're selling.
It's the only way to watch.
This is from Dave Meltzer. Keep in mind he doesn't know everything and speculates sometimes, but he does have contacts within the organization and consistently gets the drop on stuff.

Quote:The story behind Lesnar vs. Orton was to create a scenario where nobody knew where reality ended, and preferably where people thought Lesnar was breaking the code or script.
Orton wasn’t told until he got to the arena, as he was planning for a usual main event. He was told when he got there that he was not going to have a normal match, and that the match wasn’t about going back-and-forth and keeping both men strong, but about making Lesnar stronger. The original idea was to be a total destruction for Lesnar, where Orton would be on the ground bleeding. It was supposed to look like Lesnar “went against the script” on him and hurt him. There would be confusion and the match would end, with Orton seemingly concussed and the referee stopping the match....
There will be people denying this most likely, because they have to, but Orton was told that Lesnar knew how to graze him with his elbow to open up a cut without hurting him and was told that was what would happen in the match. As it turned out, Lesnar elbowed the hell out of him, and threw some stiff punches, and Orton was bleeding like crazy from a cut that needed ten staples to close. Orton stayed down and was acting like he was knocked out, as he was supposed to. Medical personnel and the referee acted confused, because they were. I don’t know this as a fact, but I believe the referee knew going in that Lesnar was winning, but if he did, was given a different finish, because the fact Lesnar was going over was not kept secret...
One person noted that Orton was told to do it, but wasn’t expecting it to be the way it was. He wasn’t going to complain publicly about it but also was never going to do that kind of a favor again and wasn’t particularly thrilled by it.
zaga_fan Wrote:I agree.
But in all honesty, wrestling is more fun and entertaining if you believe what they're selling.
It's the only way to watch.

Where did you find this at zaga fan?? lol :biggrin: Confusednicker:

Let's be real here, I referee pro wrestling. I know all about 'Selling'. A very short (less than a minute) or after a very long match..... the TKO would have been perfect.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Where did you find this at zaga fan?? lol :biggrin: Confusednicker:

Let's be real here, I referee pro wrestling. I know all about 'Selling'. A very short (less than a minute) or after a very long match..... the TKO would have been perfect.

TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho