Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville Good News/Bad News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It appears that Paintsville is set to make a run at the All A State Title in Richmond and that would be great news for the 15th Region. However, knowing that BMR has his eye on the bigger prize in March, I have noticed a problem with the schedule if they have success in Richmond. If my math is correct, and according to the KHSAA website, the Tigers will have to cancel 1 regular season game for every game that they play past the first round in Richmond. And they only have 6 games left. So...it is very possible that Paintsville only has 3 or 4 regular season games left after the All A State. This might not be a good situation for a team that has been somewhat inconsistent this season as far as putting a string of quality games together. Any thoughts??
How many games can you play in a season?
23, but you can count 2 tourney's as 1 game each according to KHSAA.
Wow thats actually very interesting.
Is this the truth? Anyone know?
I think this happened to SF a couple of times. Personally, I don't think lays offs at the end of the season are very good. It takes a team out of rhythm and no matter how good of a bench you have it is hard to simulate real game experience in practice. But BMR is a great coach and if it comes to that will make the best of it.
As I am sure he will also!
2 tourneys can be counted as one game. If Paintsville playes 3 or 4 games in the All A or even at their own Christmas tourney can be counted as 1 game. They may have to cancel a game or two if they continue in the All A as it is hoped that they will, but that would most likely be because scheduling conflicts.
It's happened to SF two times and I know it happened to SV twice as well. I think Alfus will know but I think one time SV had to go a couple of weeks with out a game, going into the dist.

A few years ago I was with a friend who had to cover a KHSAA meeting, and a member school had made a proposal to make it 22 games plus 2 tourney's, this would have ment that teams like Pikeville, who has the PIT would have to either end the PIT or drop out of the All A, because if they had won they would not have been allowed to move on to state. The KHSAA was backing the proposal and the then commissioner made some interesting comments about "the little tournement" that upset many of the class a schools. The discussion got rather heated. The schools voted the proposal down by a huge majority.
I am pretty sure that BMR would trade a couple of regular season games to win the All A state championship. The way I see it, they may have to cancel one game for sure, maybe two. Does anyone know if the All A regional and All A state championship can be combined into one tournament?
This rule is ridiculous, a team shouldn't be penalized because they advance in regular season tourneys.
Looks like it will happen to Hazard if they were to win 3 games at the All A, they would have to cancel their last scheduled game. JBS can only hope. LOL
Redneck Wrote:This rule is ridiculous, a team shouldn't be penalized because they advance in regular season tourneys.

yea I agree
What happens if u play to many games
You cant play in the district tourney
thats the rule
you can be fined no scrimages the next season.