Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Class 3A Rankings 8/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 Belfry
2 Corbin
3 Lex Cath
4 Central
5 Waggener
6 Boyle Co
7 Caldwell Co
8 Garrard Co
9 Bell Co
10 E-town

What's your thoughts?
I think Caldwell Co should be up 2 spots. They were still in the game against Christian Co until their QB had to sit the last two drives due to hip injury. It was 44-34 at the time, Christian tacked on a late garbage time TD. Caldwell also played without their starting senior halfback.

I'd put Adair Co in Elizabethtown's spot. Etown needs to earn the top 10 back after a bad loss.
Would have thought Bardstown would have gotten in somewhere after impressive blowout win against a ranked 4a Spencer Co team..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Would have thought Bardstown would have gotten in somewhere after impressive blowout win against a ranked 4a Spencer Co team..

I agree. Bardstown misses out just barely on getting in. Bars town had a 10.44 score and E-town had a 10.11.. Very close and Barstown definitely got my attention.
I have no idea how Etown could make it into the top 10. They were questionable going into the season, considering what they lost from last season. They haven't done anything (for me) to warrant a ranking in the top 10. If I expanded it to 15, I might slide them in at the 15 spot, but that's it for right now.

They've got a long way to climb for me to think of them the same way I thought of that team who went 13-1. I'd replace Etown with either Bardstown or Adair.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I have no idea how Etown could make it into the top 10. They were questionable going into the season, considering what they lost from last season. They haven't done anything (for me) to warrant a ranking in the top 10. If I expanded it to 15, I might slide them in at the 15 spot, but that's it for right now.

They've got a long way to climb for me to think of them the same way I thought of that team who went 13-1. I'd replace Etown with either Bardstown or Adair.

They start most of these teams off where they finished last season so you will see some drop out and you will see some move in to the top ten these person stuff is like that every year
Dang i had Caldwell at #3 am I missing something Confusedtare:
After Watching Garrard this week, very impressed....Should be about 5 looking in.
bac2369 Wrote:1 Belfry
2 Corbin
3 Lex Cath
4 Central
5 Waggener
6 Boyle Co
7 Caldwell Co
8 Garrard Co
9 Bell Co
10 E-town

What's your thoughts?
3 of your top 5 will be on the same field Friday night. Redhound Varsity Club's Pigskin Classic at Corbin.
Not sure how Bell Co got in after an unimpressive win over a questionable 2a team in Middlesboro. Maybe the Jackets are improved, but, they were extremely weak last year and Bell didn't exactly dominate them as a good, higher ranked team should. I agree that Bardstown and Adair are more deserving than Bell and E'Town at this point. Of course, it's going to change some every week and get more accurate with each week..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Not sure how Bell Co got in after an unimpressive win over a questionable 2a team in Middlesboro. Maybe the Jackets are improved, but, they were extremely weak last year and Bell didn't exactly dominate them as a good, higher ranked team should. I agree that Bardstown and Adair are more deserving than Bell and E'Town at this point. Of course, it's going to change some every week and get more accurate with each week..

Bell has not been in my top 10 twice since I been ranking them. :insane:
Adair Co. had alot stacked against them in the 1st week we have a new coach on the road Taylor had a big crowd and we was missing 5 starters including Jordan Lasley he is one of the best running backs in the area and probably the state. Adair showed at times glimpses of what could be a special year..
Russell will surprise some people.
FBALL Wrote:Russell will surprise some people.

How so FBALL? They have one proven back, inexperieced qb, weak line. Whats going to be the secret that will cause them to be surprising? Their biggest problem over the last several years has been offensive production and scoring against good teams. This has kept the defense on the field a lot and they have gotten worn out. what do they have that will make a diffrence this year?
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Not sure how Bell Co got in after an unimpressive win over a questionable 2a team in Middlesboro. Maybe the Jackets are improved, but, they were extremely weak last year and Bell didn't exactly dominate them as a good, higher ranked team should. I agree that Bardstown and Adair are more deserving than Bell and E'Town at this point. Of course, it's going to change some every week and get more accurate with each week..
I agree with Bell County. Middlesboro win does not warrant a ranking in the top 10 after being out last week. Plus I feel that Mercer County beats Bell this weekend at the Boyle County Bowl.
FBALL put down the kool aid and take off the maroon glasses!! Russell will be be lucky to win their weak district..... The Redhounds look really good Haddix has them back and right now looking like the only team that might be able to stop the RED ARMY OF BELFRY.... But until then long live the king the BELFRY PIRATES
T24 Wrote:I agree with Bell County. Middlesboro win does not warrant a ranking in the top 10 after being out last week. Plus I feel that Mercer County beats Bell this weekend at the Boyle County Bowl.

Bell County was at number 10 last week....
Sorry about that. Good catch BAC. I just was in a hurry and forgot all about Bell County being in at 10 last week. Been one of those days.