Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville Wagoner vs Knox Central 8/26 @ pigskin classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts on this match up!!??
This is one of Waggener better teams in a long time. Better be ready for these D-1 players. I'm ready. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Knox Central 35
Waggener 34
Waggener 28-21
Unless waggener is much improved from last year I don't see Knox having to much trouble with them. Watched them play Corbin last year and wasn't impressed at all.
Should be a great one to watch. Waggoner is getting a lot of love early. too close to call
Knox 27
Waggoner 14
Panthers by 8
if central don't do some changes on offense its going to be a long year there going to win some games but could be a lot better if they would use the players where they need to play them at and give us the best chance to win
going with knox 28 6
Wagganer 24 Knox 20
Knox will come out hungry. That 1 point loss leaves a bad taste. 28 to 0 KC.
Knox Central by 60
panther nation Wrote:Unless waggener is much improved from last year I don't see Knox having to much trouble with them. Watched them play Corbin last year and wasn't impressed at all.

They gained two huge transfers in the middle of last season that made them a much more dangerous team when the Harper brothers came there after leaving Trinity.

Larry Harper is a very good QB who is getting some College looks. Manny Harper plays WR. Both Harpers are back this year.

They also got a transfer from Male in WR Tyquan Jackson this off-season while also returning 4* D-1 talents CB/WR Jairus Brents and DT Tajh Rice.

They should look substantially better than they did this time last year.
Sounds like some serious upgrades. Good info. Thx.
Pulling for KC
Football1 Wrote:Sounds like some serious upgrades. Good info. Thx.

I been hinting about Waggener since mid season last year. Transfer are for real. :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
64SUR Wrote:I been hinting about Waggener since mid season last year. Transfer are for real. :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:

They have the individual talent and speed for sure.

The question for Waggener though is going to be do they have the big nasties up front and the depth to compete at a high level.

I would take Waggener against nearly anyone in 3A in a track meet, but when you have teams like Central, Boyle, and Garrard County in your region you better have the line play if you expect to win.

If Knox wins this game it will be at the LOS... and if Waggener holds their own at the line then not only will Knox be in trouble..but most of 3A.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They have the individual talent and speed for sure.

The question for Waggener though is going to be do they have the big nasties up front and the depth to compete at a high level.

I would take Waggener against nearly anyone in 3A in a track meet, but when you have teams like Central, Boyle, and Garrard County in your region you better have the line play if you expect to win.

If Knox wins this game it will be at the LOS... and if Waggener holds their own at the line then not only will Knox be in trouble..but most of 3A.

Knox has the lineman to stop the run up front. I'm worried about Waggener Qb and WR. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Knox has the lineman to stop the run up front. I'm worried about Waggener Qb and WR. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Jairus Brents I believe is the two time defending State Champion in the 100M

If he gets loose.... Knox might as well just save the cardio to chase after him.
Waggener is much improved and for sure has the athletes to compete including a good quarterback and wide outs. I agree that if you beat them it will be in the trenches.
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2169704/5795...2e905fe831 not that it means much but Waggener did win the 7 on 7 tournament at Lindsey Wilson.
pjdoug Wrote:http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2169704/5795...2e905fe831 not that it means much but Waggener did win the 7 on 7 tournament at Lindsey Wilson.
They clearly are not the rag tag bunch that played at Corbin last year. Getting a pass rush on that QB without losing contain will be key to keeping the WR from getting the ball downfield. Long grinding drives the chew clock would be a good idea too I'd say. That 7 on 7 footage shows clearly the threat that QB/WR can be.
Knox 28
Waggener 20
Hope to watch a good game without all that RAIN !
Football1 Wrote:They clearly are not the rag tag bunch that played at Corbin last year. Getting a pass rush on that QB without losing contain will be key to keeping the WR from getting the ball downfield. Long grinding drives the chew clock would be a good idea too I'd say. That 7 on 7 footage shows clearly the threat that QB/WR can be.

Well said. They are totally different than what made the trip last year.
....the fastest person to ever play on that field (and, a lot of fields) in its rich history might be coming to town.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4526814/57bb...1f7c67e8b3
If Knox Central remember who they are, and do what they do best. They will be fine. If they come out and try to throw all over the field they will be 0-2, looking at 0-3.
insideinfo Wrote:If Knox Central remember who they are, and do what they do best. They will be fine. If they come out and try to throw all over the field they will be 0-2, looking at 0-3.

Words that Coaches need to hear. Ground and pound!!!