Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KCC Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
People who doubt the coaching staff at Knott county Central should back off. My only argument about why they are losing is because none of the kids have ever won on a consistant bases before. And before someone gets on here and says Carr Creek won the County tourney 2 years ago they should be winning now. No they shouldn't, because for most of these kids playing for knott county right now every since they have been old enough to come out and watch KCC play all the have done is be mediocre at best. These kids arent old enough to remember the days of 3 straite sweet 16's , packed houses every night. These kids dont know what its about yet. And until all the grown ups stop lookin to point fingers and start backin the program up and supporting it, its goin to continue to be that way. I'm not from Kcc but i have seen them enough this year to know that there preperation is right. So i guess what im trying to say is its going to take more than the kids buying into this system, its going to take the fans and the parents before its going to change. the worst thing a kid can hear when they go home is there parents telling them what they are doing wrong or what the coaches are doing wrong. My advice to the knott county fans are trust in the system support our kids, try and try to get more people out to the games and then when all the attitudes are right and the support for the kids is there if your not winning then maybe you can point fingers at the coach. For all of you coaches from the stands and computer desk remember one thing , there is only ONE PAID Knott County Central coach, and you are not him.
thedarkside Wrote:People who doubt the coaching staff at Knott county Central should back off. My only argument about why they are losing is because none of the kids have ever won on a consistant bases before. And before someone gets on here and says Carr Creek won the County tourney 2 years ago they should be winning now. No they shouldn't, because for most of these kids playing for knott county right now every since they have been old enough to come out and watch KCC play all the have done is be mediocre at best. These kids arent old enough to remember the days of 3 straite sweet 16's , packed houses every night. These kids dont know what its about yet. And until all the grown ups stop lookin to point fingers and start backin the program up and supporting it, its goin to continue to be that way. I'm not from Kcc but i have seen them enough this year to know that there preperation is right. So i guess what im trying to say is its going to take more than the kids buying into this system, its going to take the fans and the parents before its going to change. the worst thing a kid can hear when they go home is there parents telling them what they are doing wrong or what the coaches are doing wrong. My advice to the knott county fans are trust in the system support our kids, try and try to get more people out to the games and then when all the attitudes are right and the support for the kids is there if your not winning then maybe you can point fingers at the coach. For all of you coaches from the stands and computer desk remember one thing , there is only ONE PAID Knott County Central coach, and you are not him.

i agree with this post 100%. and one more thing it will take is time for them to learn what winning is like and i feel this will happen.
no one wants to hear kcc's whining anymore
no one wants to hear jbs's excuses anymore.
well thats all i hear... its like a lil kid its first day of school saying "Why doesnt anyone like me!"
weird that is more of what i hear from jbs than kcc.
man this thread has nothing to do with jbs, its titled cry babies basketball!
konan Wrote:man this thread has nothing to do with jbs, its titled cry babies basketball!

ok whatever you win i don't care but he made this thread to say his what he thinks and if you don't like it you do. you don't have to read it.
konan Wrote:man this thread has nothing to do with jbs, its titled cry babies basketball!
You need to read the thread about Hazard and JBS if you want to hear about crying.
Konan you must be a young guy because your pretty immature, im not actually from Knott Central but i can tell you this tradition wins out in the long run and guess who dont have any, JBS. Knott county has enough tradition to rival anybody :Thumbs:
thedarkside Wrote:Konan you must be a young guy because your pretty immature, im not actually from Knott Central but i can tell you this tradition wins out in the long run and guess who dont have any, JBS. Knott county has enough tradition to rival anybody :Thumbs:
well its crazy everytime i get on here i see some stupid thread saying why does every1 hate kcc..
Konanny---konanny
It's Others Like You Always Knocking Kcc.
They Don't Just Have One Or Two Good Players
They Have Several Good Young Players.

Put That And Tridition Together And You Will Soon See.
musician Wrote:Konanny---konanny
It's Others Like You Always Knocking Kcc.
They Don't Just Have One Or Two Good Players
They Have Several Good Young Players.

Put That And Tridition Together And You Will Soon See.
thats the reason their record is so good then isnt it?
This whole thread is a complete waste... Just a bunch of babies crying back and forth we haven't even mentioned a word about the original topic... IMO There is a good point made here... KCC has to keep a coach longer than one season to get back to their winning tradition... They have some young talent coming up and if they could keep a coach around that could lead them each over the years to come they may be SERIOUS contenders in the future.
everyone needs to give the coach a chance. one reason we've not won anything big in a long time, imp, is the fact they don't keep a coach long enough. if u got kids comin as freshman with a new coach and then by time these same kids a jr's they have another new coach so then the kids have to readjust to new plays new coaching style and not only mentally but physcally too. one coach might run them 3 miles during practice and then here comes a coach who wants to not run much but work on other things. its hard enough for these kids to have to deal with homewore ball practice and games and peer pressure. they should'nt have to worry if their coach is gonna been around for the next ball season. i was very disappointed at kcc's last home game there was hardly anyone there compared to the previous home games. everyone loves a winning team, but when the team is having a few bad games everyone deserts them, when in fact, thats when they need the most support. so imp i think we all ned to lay off the coaches at kcc they need a chance to prove themselves after all this is their first year a kcc and the coaches and players have to get use to one another i personally think justin tim jamie and roy r doing a good job, so i say they r keepers.
speedy Wrote:everyone needs to give the coach a chance. one reason we've not won anything big in a long time, imp, is the fact they don't keep a coach long enough. if u got kids comin as freshman with a new coach and then by time these same kids a jr's they have another new coach so then the kids have to readjust to new plays new coaching style and not only mentally but physcally too. one coach might run them 3 miles during practice and then here comes a coach who wants to not run much but work on other things. its hard enough for these kids to have to deal with homewore ball practice and games and peer pressure. they should'nt have to worry if their coach is gonna been around for the next ball season. i was very disappointed at kcc's last home game there was hardly anyone there compared to the previous home games. everyone loves a winning team, but when the team is having a few bad games everyone deserts them, when in fact, thats when they need the most support. so imp i think we all ned to lay off the coaches at kcc they need a chance to prove themselves after all this is their first year a kcc and the coaches and players have to get use to one another i personally think justin tim jamie and roy r doing a good job, so i say they r keepers.

I agree 100% :thumpsup:
speedy Wrote:everyone needs to give the coach a chance. one reason we've not won anything big in a long time, imp, is the fact they don't keep a coach long enough. if u got kids comin as freshman with a new coach and then by time these same kids a jr's they have another new coach so then the kids have to readjust to new plays new coaching style and not only mentally but physcally too. one coach might run them 3 miles during practice and then here comes a coach who wants to not run much but work on other things. its hard enough for these kids to have to deal with homewore ball practice and games and peer pressure. they should'nt have to worry if their coach is gonna been around for the next ball season. i was very disappointed at kcc's last home game there was hardly anyone there compared to the previous home games. everyone loves a winning team, but when the team is having a few bad games everyone deserts them, when in fact, thats when they need the most support. so imp i think we all ned to lay off the coaches at kcc they need a chance to prove themselves after all this is their first year a kcc and the coaches and players have to get use to one another i personally think justin tim jamie and roy r doing a good job, so i say they r keepers.

Now you see how the girls feel at KCC...I was at the game against Letcher and there was no one there. A couple of the boys were there but just sat there. IMO if you want support you have to support to get it. Until then everyone that is on hear whinning about KCC and how they never get anything needs to just quit. IT IS A FACT THAT KCC CAN NOT KEEP A COACH NO LONGER THAN 2 YEARS..because if they could then they would have kept Feltner...The parents that get on hear need to realize that KCC basketball will never be what it used to be until they can learn to keep a coach and not to let parents influence them.
and 1 , that post is terrible

your right kcc does need to give a coach a chance i agree but on another thing i haven't missed a girls or boys home game this year only if more people were like me:lmao:. But your right the surpport isn't as good as it was at the beginging of the year but think about it when in the history of kcc has there been a pep club that has been to every home gameduring the regular season so i say there is alot more surport now than there has been in the past.
when rose was head couch when kcc went to the sweet sixteen 3 years streight then in 99' 2000 season todd crafts senior year when kcc lost to pcc in the chamionship of the region kcc's pep section seemed to make it to every game if not 20 of them one man was there standing alone but fan pass does not win games. Kcc needs to keep a couch amburgey has done a good jobthis year kcc looks better this year but still havnt came together as a team, people telling onpeople for doing things but i think you will see a diffrerent kcc during the tourny or i hope so to much talent to let go to waste
allthewayhome Wrote:no one wants to hear jbs's excuses anymore.
is this about JBS if im not mistaken it's about KCC... but i agree with everybody... when these kids adjust to winning some games they will be a tough team.. they have the talent to win alot of games i hope coach Amburgey can turn this around and the school gives him a chance to
windmill Wrote:is this about JBS if im not mistaken it's about KCC... but i agree with everybody... when these kids adjust to winning some games they will be a tough team.. they have the talent to win alot of games i hope coach Amburgey can turn this around and the school gives him a chance to

true but if someone is going to get on here and say something just to start a fight im going to say something back. Even if it is not on topic.
thedarkside Wrote:People who doubt the coaching staff at Knott county Central should back off. My only argument about why they are losing is because none of the kids have ever won on a consistant bases before. And before someone gets on here and says Carr Creek won the County tourney 2 years ago they should be winning now. No they shouldn't, because for most of these kids playing for knott county right now every since they have been old enough to come out and watch KCC play all the have done is be mediocre at best. These kids arent old enough to remember the days of 3 straite sweet 16's , packed houses every night. These kids dont know what its about yet. And until all the grown ups stop lookin to point fingers and start backin the program up and supporting it, its goin to continue to be that way. I'm not from Kcc but i have seen them enough this year to know that there preperation is right. So i guess what im trying to say is its going to take more than the kids buying into this system, its going to take the fans and the parents before its going to change. the worst thing a kid can hear when they go home is there parents telling them what they are doing wrong or what the coaches are doing wrong. My advice to the knott county fans are trust in the system support our kids, try and try to get more people out to the games and then when all the attitudes are right and the support for the kids is there if your not winning then maybe you can point fingers at the coach. For all of you coaches from the stands and computer desk remember one thing , there is only ONE PAID Knott County Central coach, and you are not him.

100% true! only the Bible could be more true than this!