Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell Co @ Mercer Co 08/27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This one is being played on Saturday in Harrodsburg.

Thoughts??
Info on Mercer, have not heard anything but a lot of returning players.
Actually in Danville at Boyle Co Bowl game.
Mercer Co is a average team. Very beatable. They went 6-6 last year losing to Knox Central in the playoffs.
Middlesboro Wrote:Actually in Danville at Boyle Co Bowl game.

Sorry if that is an incorrect venue. It's listed at Harrodsburg on maxpreps.com
Nothing against Bell County but my magic ball tells me Mercer. :HitWall:

Mercer County 28
Bell County 14
^
You have magic balls????

:yikes::yikes:
Middlesboro Wrote:Mercer Co is a average team. Very beatable. They went 6-6 last year losing to Knox Central in the playoffs.

Last year they were loaded with Athletes. I expect they are this year as well.
Granny Bear Wrote:^
You have magic balls????

Yeap Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:^
You have magic balls????

Granny thank you for the laughter ..........LOL that is the best one of the week
Saw MC in their game against Central Hardin. Very small. Fail to take advantage of their strengths. I.e., speed and short, fast-tempo passes. Instead, they want to sit back and air it deep while their line can't hold back the rush. Their QB also didn't have the arm (he was injured earlier, so not sure how that affected things) to make the deeper throws on target.

Defense swarmed the ball, but undersized compared to Central Hardin. Have trouble bringing down the guy once they get to him.

Have a lot to build on, but need some big uglies in the middle to that can disrupt the O'line on D and to protect the QB on passes.
Sykotyk Wrote:Saw MC in their game against Central Hardin. Very small. Fail to take advantage of their strengths. I.e., speed and short, fast-tempo passes. Instead, they want to sit back and air it deep while their line can't hold back the rush. Their QB also didn't have the arm (he was injured earlier, so not sure how that affected things) to make the deeper throws on target.

Defense swarmed the ball, but undersized compared to Central Hardin. Have trouble bringing down the guy once they get to him.

Have a lot to build on, but need some big uglies in the middle to that can disrupt the O'line on D and to protect the QB on passes.

If their Oline struggles. Bell Co has a pretty strong Dline and will be through the line in a heartbeat. Ask Middlesboro. This should be. Great game to watch and a close game. Without Humfleet for the rest of the season every game will be close IMO. Win or lose.
This may be the game that defines our season. If we can win this game a winning season will be in reach. We must work on passing game.
Bell County - 34

Mercer County - 14
Running clock....
Mercer co 49
Bell Co 7
Don't think bells gonna have much success until they learn to throw the ball a little bit more
So is the star running back done for the season.
Yes, will lose his senior season. Hate that this happened to a great kid. Wish him the best.
If they are small up front Bell will ground and pound them. Bobcats by 14
bac2369 Wrote:So is the star running back done for the season.

yes he is done
Bell Co. in a tight one.
Mercer 21 Bell 20
Bell Co.24-17
Bell by 14.
Bell by 21-7
I like Mercer by 14.
I am so sorry Humfleet is out for his Senior year! This is horrible anytime it happens but for it to happen during his Senior year is awful!
mercer 28 bell 7
bell county 28-14
I like Bell by 7
Pages: 1 2