Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Could Bell upend South Laurel in the 13th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IMO Bell seems to be the team to beat in the 13th right now.
Could Bell represent the 13th in the sweet-16 or does South Laurel simply still have too much not to go back?
I think they very well could. This isn't the South Laurel of years past!
Bell is the only team that could, but I dont see it happening.
i am a firm believer in south laurel, but i think that they are looking more and more vulnerable every week, barely squeezing out a victory over paintsville by one, then only beating corbin by 7 at home this week. they have actually not looked unbeatable to mountain teams at any point this year, and i really believe that on a given night there are 3 or 4 teams in the 13th region that could upset them. i am not saying that any team is better than them, but that there are some excellent teams in the 13th that could get hot and beat them in a regional tournament atmosphere.
I think South can pull it out.
One question PLAYBOY. Didn't Clay County beat Bell last week while shooting under 30%??? I know Clay doesn't match up in size with the Cards, but there size is deceptive. Smith is weak and can be pushed out on the floor with physical play. St. John isn't talented enough to use his 6'6 frame to get more than 6-10 points. They can match up with Hammonds with speed. Proffitt is the only player on the floor that gives us a huge mis-match, but u can always give help off of Gilbert and make him eat you. If you remember right back in December the Tigers went over to Laurel County, and played the Cards close for 3 quarters, while shooting a dismal 28%, and personally I think Clay County has improved leaps and bounds from then. I'm not saying they will win the region, because more than likely they won't, but they have just as good of a chance as Bell.
I dont think they could