Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McCracken Co. @ Paducah Tilghman postponed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The threat of storms has led to the cancellation of tonight's (Aug. 20) McCracken Co. at Paducah Tilghman season opener. The game has been reset for Sunday afternoon at Tilghman's Field (Aug 21) at 3 p.m. CST. That is from out local TV station's website.
Totally messed up my plans for the night. They should have moved it forward. The weather today was fine.
So bizarre, but typical for the world today. Cancel a game, football for that matter, on a forecast which wasn't out of the norm for late summer (40-50% chance of scattered T-storms).
It wouldn't be shocking if attendance concerns (gate$$) played the biggest role in the decision. Oh well, allowed me & buddies to go see the two games in Hopkinsville (which had the same forecast...ha)
I would say it all hinged on the gate. The weather wasn't near bad enough. We were in Paducah during the original game time. I rained a bit, but nothing that should stop a football game.
It's all about the money