Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Truth about JBS and the Stepps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
nobody Wrote:I think if any parent should complain about the program at JBS is Hall's Short's Collin's and the rest...Cox gets his playing time and recognition for his plays and he is a great player,
I disagree Tate took four shots. He is being treated unfairly. He should handle the ball the most he makes good decisions. He was the only one who looked into Collins.
cox is a good player, he should move somewhere, far away from the stepp's, he is better than anyone of them.
Would be neat to see him at Hazard where the 2 teams are somewhat rivals now!
Of all the dumbest, stupidest posts and threads I have ever read, this one has to take the cake. I bet the Hazard and KCC fans are laughing so hard they're about to fall out of their chairs. What were you thinking--that posting a thread like this is gonna help the JBS team be a better team? If any of those boys get on here and read this CRAP, it's only gonna 'cause further discord that basically was started by the parents of the players, not the players themselves. Don't get me wrong, I don't always agree with the coaches decisions, and I think Clark sometimes should pass the ball when he shoots it. But, I'm not one of the idiots in the stands yelling at him to pass the ball, like I heard at the game last night. Do you really think that's gonna help? He is just a kid trying to do the best he can. I even bet there are those of you yelling at him, hoping he misses when he shoots. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES, if you are really a JBS fan. How quickly you forget, because of last night's loss, that JBS won the WYMT, and that last night's loss was only the 4th of the season. I'm not a person to cut down any players, but JBS didn't have anyone that played a good game last night. Now, if you are a parent of a player, and I suspect you are, why don't you make an appointment with the coaches to discuss your concerns? I hope that the damage you have done here can somehow be undone.
JOBAKKA Wrote:I hear from a coaching friend this is in the works. So maybe you andthe Stepp lovers will get thier wish. no competition for the spotlight.
I hear Paintsville's nice this time of year.....
From some of the things floating around, you have the colors right at least Guru!
LOL@ making an appointment with the coach....do you really think THAT will help?? JBS is a talented team....no argument there from me...and the players are just kids...BUT when you have a coach or rather COACHES who want to relive their youth through their younger family members....I feel so sorry for those boys ......Im NOT downgrading ANY KID on ANY team....BUT come on people...come on.....even if I was a JBS fan I wouldnt agree with what is going on there... (and no im not a Hazard or KCC fan either) ...do you HONESTLY THINK THAT "TALKING TO THE COACH" will do any good at all?? Well, I suppose one can try but I bet it wouldnt do you any good UNLESS all the parents who have complaints unite together and "TALK TO THE COACH" or ummmm COACHES.....please get realistic....that is a very talented team that needs to play as a TEAM!!! The players on the team are not blind to what goes on in the games....doesnt matter what the fans say about the game, the kids ALREADY KNOW whats going on....many of those kids have went to JBS since preschool...and they want to play basketball BUT they dont change schools because JBS is a very academic-oriented school...or rather it use to be but any more im not so sure of that either BUT the point is....they either have to put up with what goes on or dont play at all...changing schools to play sports some place else isnt even an option for most of the kids...and it shouldnt have to be an option....
It is like this. Hazard beat them easily the other night. Three main scorers were held to single digits. t takes more to win a game than offense. It is called excellent defense. People can get on here and say what they want about players and parents not being happy at June Buchanan but truth is they are putting up with it. If they are not happy so be it . Remember they are tolerating it so give it up and drop the complaining. Nothing is going to change at June Buchanan and all the players will be there when they graduate whether they shoot too much or sit on the bench and watch when they should be getting playing time. Whether you are from June Buchanan or elsewhere just give it up your thread is pointless because parents and players waren't going anywhere.... Anyway go Dawgs in the All-A!!
Dawggie Wrote:It is like this. Hazard beat them easily the other night. Three main scorers were held to single digits. t takes more to win a game than offense. It is called excellent defense. People can get on here and say what they want about players and parents not being happy at June Buchanan but truth is they are putting up with it. If they are not happy so be it . Remember they are tolerating it so give it up and drop the complaining. Nothing is going to change at June Buchanan and all the players will be there when they graduate whether they shoot too much or sit on the bench and watch when they should be getting playing time. Whether you are from June Buchanan or elsewhere just give it up your thread is pointless because parents and players waren't going anywhere.... Anyway go Dawgs in the All-A!!

i agree
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Very good post!!! I actually feel sorry for the JBS team and I wish that Tate Cox would come to Hazard and be a Bulldog. I don't see how he puts up with all that but he just plays his heart out and never says a word. I also know the Slone boy and you won't find a finer young man anywhere but he never gets to play and I think this is a shame. From what I have heard the older Stepp brother were all good basketball players when they were younger and I think they are trying to relive that thru the younger Stepps. I'm sure the younger Stepps have been pressured to play ball since the time they were old enuf to walk. I can understand Clark's dad trying to make Clark a star and trying to keep him in the public's eye in the hopes that he will get a good scholarship somewhere but I don't think it's fair to the other boys on the team. Anyway, Congrats to JBS...14th Region All A Runners-Up!

I totally agree!..Tate Cox is the best player on the team/maybe region and he knows how to play as a team!..And as you say, turn him into a bulldog, hes very good and could show it at hazard!..there not all about 1 person on the team..thats why they win!..Congrats JBS and Hazard!..Good Luck in richMond!!
wiseman Wrote:I have been listening to what people have been saying about JBS and their fans and I have witnessed with my own eyes what has happened in their games. I am a JBS fan, and I have no regrets about that, but I do have a problem with what many say about us JBS fans, and with the Stepps. First of all, you say that all we care about is the promotion of the Stepp brothers and to see who can score the most, you say that we are smart elects, and that we like to brag. For a small number of JBS fans, these statements might be true, but that is NOT what the vast majority JBS fans are about. I think the Stepps are some of the most arragant and heartless people that I have ever met, and when I say Stepps, I am referring to Gary, Jim, and Joe. This year, JBS IMO has one of the most talented squads in the mountains and in the state for that matter, but they will never be a championship team if the Stepps continue to steer this program into the direction that it is headed. Tonight as I witnessed JBS fall to Hazard, congrats to the Bulldogs by the way, it just made me sick to my stomach to watch the pathetic coaching and stratagy displayed by Gary and Jim. All they care about is Clark and Clint, who have both been brainwashed to follow the lead of their dad Joe, and their uncles. This is really sad to me, they care nothing about the success of the team and the other boys, just their nephews. JBS has so many other talented boys on the bench that get no chance to show what they can do and it is an embarrassment to the ones that do get to play, because all they can do is stand and watch Clark and Clint make compete fools of themselves, and the team as a whole. Tate Cox, is one of the greatest basketball players that I have seen in a long time, and his cool and calm nature just adds to his great game play, and decision making. I feel so sorry for him and for his father Jim Cox, because Tate is being robbed of a chance to showcase his talents for scouts and others to see. IMO Tate Cox is a tie with Justin Hicks for 14th Region player of the year for 2007, and if he makes it to another high school or if the Stepps allow him to continue playing at JBS, he will be a candidate for Mr. Basketball in his senior year, wherever that may be. The Stepps hate this however and are so jealous and just use Tate to better glorify Clark and Clint. The vast majority of JBS fans share similar views as I do. Every game, win or lose, we can see the corrupt politics of the Stepps at work and it sickens everyone. I can only hope for the day that the Stepps are ousted from Alice Lloyd College and JBS, but I know that this is a dream that will probably never come true. It is an injustice what the JBS boys have to go through because of the Stepps, and I think that thier morale is being drained from them each time they are wrongly sat on the bench or not aloud to play or have equal participation on the floor which occurs every night JBS takes the floor. This IMO is also a major factor in why JBS fell to Hazard, and again I say congrats to Hazard and the best of luck in Richmond next week. I would just like the public to see this message, as it is the opinion in most all JBS fans.
i want to start this off saying that i am a huge JBS fan... but i mean this post just said everything that the rest of us wouldnt say.. best post i have ever read... there is nothing that would make me more happy than to see JBS go to state and contend for the state title.. but we all know this will never happen due to the selfishness of the coaching staff (excluding Jim Cox and Josh Cook) and some of the players... and if Jim Cox had this team we wouldnt be talking about about any problems going on with JBS....JBS has all the right pieces to the puzzle they just dont want to see what the puzzle looks like when its put together and that to me is sad... i agree with all of you that Cox is one of the best players in the mountains if not the state.. he just dont have a chance behind other players to shine like he should... and in now way am i saying anything against hazard cause they deserved the all-a game more than JBS did due to them playing TEAM basketball... good luck to Hazard in Richmond
If JBS doesn't want Cox I have no problem with him coming to Pburg to play with us.
nolookpass Wrote:i want to start this off saying that i am a huge JBS fan... but i mean this post just said everything that the rest of us wouldnt say.. best post i have ever read... there is nothing that would make me more happy than to see JBS go to state and contend for the state title.. but we all know this will never happen due to the selfishness of the coaching staff (excluding Jim Cox and Josh Cook) and some of the players... and if Jim Cox had this team we wouldnt be talking about about any problems going on with JBS....JBS has all the right pieces to the puzzle they just dont want to see what the puzzle looks like when its put together and that to me is sad... i agree with all of you that Cox is one of the best players in the mountains if not the state.. he just dont have a chance behind other players to shine like he should... and in now way am i saying anything against hazard cause they deserved the all-a game more than JBS did due to them playing TEAM basketball... good luck to Hazard in Richmond

Great Post... well said...
"You hit the nail right on the head, Jim!"
nolookpass Wrote:i want to start this off saying that i am a huge JBS fan... but i mean this post just said everything that the rest of us wouldnt say.. best post i have ever read... there is nothing that would make me more happy than to see JBS go to state and contend for the state title.. but we all know this will never happen due to the selfishness of the coaching staff (excluding Jim Cox and Josh Cook) and some of the players... and if Jim Cox had this team we wouldnt be talking about about any problems going on with JBS....JBS has all the right pieces to the puzzle they just dont want to see what the puzzle looks like when its put together and that to me is sad... i agree with all of you that Cox is one of the best players in the mountains if not the state.. he just dont have a chance behind other players to shine like he should... and in now way am i saying anything against hazard cause they deserved the all-a game more than JBS did due to them playing TEAM basketball... good luck to Hazard in Richmond

I hope you folks understand what you are doing by making these remarks about Cox. I mean, he's a good player, but I don't think he one of the best in the state or even the mountains as of now, probably in the next couple years, but not yet. Don't put to much pressure on him like the Stepps have done to Clark. Let him play and he will make a name for himself. Heck, somebody the other day said he was the best since King Kelly Coleman. Let's not over do it.
This thread reminds me of grade school parents who think the coach is keeping

little Johnny from being the next Michael Jordan! For the people who think Clark is Selfish, how many other selfish players can you name that average 8 assists per game? I have seen JBS play three times this year, and Clark can break any down off the dribble and he makes good decisions with the ball. The biggest problem I see is youth, the big boy will get stronger and JBS will be even more of a factor next season, but there seems to be some infatuation or infuriation with the Stepps , they must be pretty successful.

The green monster is alive and well in the mountains
knowitall Wrote:This thread reminds me of grade school parents who think the coach is keeping

little Johnny from being the next Michael Jordan! For the people who think Clark is Selfish, how many other selfish players can you name that average 8 assists per game? I have seen JBS play three times this year, and Clark can break any down off the dribble and he makes good decisions with the ball. The biggest problem I see is youth, the big boy will get stronger and JBS will be even more of a factor next season, but there seems to be some infatuation or infuriation with the Stepps , they must be pretty successful.

The green monster is alive and well in the mountains
Youth is his only problem? The boy is junior, and considering he is a hold back, he should be a senior. He has played basketball his whole life. I dont think youth could be used as an excuse.
But who isn't a holdback anymore. About the only way a team can honestly compete anymore! And if you aren't holding back your players/students, then you are a head below everyone..UNFAIR? YES, TRUTH THOUGH? YES! Just the way it is anymore!
I disagree with you, everyone isnt hold backs. Just because almost everyone in your school may be, even in the schools close to you doesnt mean everyone is. I said that because someone mentioned his only problem was youth. How do you think those "young" players are going to react if they do go somewhere other than ALC and their coach gets on them in practice the way their high school coaches should be? They will have to learn a whole new style of play in college where they have to listen to the coach instead of the coach trying to make them out to be better than they are.
Pages: 1 2