Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 33 Rowen County 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unofficial total yardage tells the story in this one. Russell using the run and some passing totals 357 yards, while Rowen County ran a total of 26 plays, with 24 being runs had a total of 19 yards.

I believe this is one of those games where the score does not show how far apart these two programs are, at this point in time. I also think most expected this one to be very much like it turned out to be, but I do not think many thought it would be as it was.

Just :17 into this one Russell gave the ball to one of their stud backs #4, who used some nice blocking to power for a seven yard gain.

Was a little quiet up until the 5:52 mark of the quarter, that is when #7 for Rowen County broke up a pass to force a punt.

With 4:24 left in the quarter #4 for Russell got to #24 for a four yard loss and force a punt by Rowen County.

A bad snap led to Russell's QB being sacked by #34, with 3:17 showing on a rapidly moving clock.

With 2:37 left in the quarter another bad snap by the Russell center resulted with #34 Rowen County scooping the ball up and taking it to the house from forty five yard score. The point after attempt by #35 was no good, leaving this a,6-0 Rowen County lead. Not known at the time but this would be the last really nice thing to go good for Rowen County.

With 2:23 left in the opening stanza, it appeared Russell had tied this one up on a seventy yard run by #4 but a block in the back negated the score.

With 1:49 showing on the clock #11 from Russell took of on a fine twenty one yard run. This youngster throws a nice ball and looked smart enough to know when to run or throw it away. I think by seasons end he will have some nice numbers.

Seven seconds into quarter number two, #38 of the Red Devils sprinted in from seventeen yards out and did so pretty much untouched. Blocking on runs especially downfield was huge for Russell. The point after kick by #6 was unsuccessful leaving this one up at six.

At the 11:24 mark of quarter number two #77 sacked # 2 of Rowen County.
The Rowen County drive ended a few seconds after this and Russell was ready to go back to work.

#30 for Russell with the aid of his offensive line went up the gut of the Rowen County defense and picked up twelve yards.

With the clock showing 8:34 #4 used a nice move and field vision to pick up twelve more yards, on another nice run.

With 5:03 left in the half #4 plowed in from two yards out. #11 hit #38 for a two point conversion to make this a,14-6 game.

At the 4:52 mark of the 2nd quarter Rowen County got their biggest play on offense. A reverse with #49 running the ball picked up twenty six yards as he broke up the near sideline.

With 4:37 left in the half #77 for Russell sacked #2 for a two yard loss.
Another punt would soon follow and the Russell offense was ready to hit the field again.

At the 1:52 mark of the quarter #11 hit #10 for a 18 yard gain and another Russell first down.

There was :11 left in the half when that same combo teamed up again, this time for a seventeen yard score. A two point try was unsuccessful but Russell had a,20-6 lead.

8:49 remained in the game, when #4 sprinted for a forty five yard gain.
Then at the 7:55 mark #11 hooked up with #18 for sixteen yards and another Russell first down.

Russell lit the scoreboard up again, on a eight yard run by #38. After #6 hit the point after Russell led,27-6, with 7:29 left.

Russell would get one final score with 4:45 left and that came on a forty five yard run by #34 to make the final score,33-6.

UNOFFICIAL STATS
ROWEN COUNTY
26 PLAYS
19 YARDS
PASSING 0-2

RUSSELL
49 PLAYS
357 YARDS
PASSING 8-14 1 TD
If Russell developes along the offensive line they will have a good year.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Unofficial total yardage tells the story in this one. Russell using the run and some passing totals 357 yards, while Rowen County ran a total of 26 plays, with 24 being runs had a total of 19 yards.

I believe this is one of those games where the score does not show how far apart these two programs are, at this point in time. I also think most expected this one to be very much like it turned out to be, but I do not think many thought it would be as it was.

Just :17 into this one Russell gave the ball to one of their stud backs #4, who used some nice blocking to power for a seven yard gain.

Was a little quiet up until the 5:52 mark of the quarter, that is when #7 for Rowen County broke up a pass to force a punt.

With 4:24 left in the quarter #4 for Russell got to #24 for a four yard loss and force a punt by Rowen County.

A bad snap led to Russell's QB being sacked by #34, with 3:17 showing on a rapidly moving clock.

With 2:37 left in the quarter another bad snap by the Russell center resulted with #34 Rowen County scooping the ball up and taking it to the house from forty five yard score. The point after attempt by #35 was no good, leaving this a,6-0 Rowen County lead. Not known at the time but this would be the last really nice thing to go good for Rowen County.

With 2:23 left in the opening stanza, it appeared Russell had tied this one up on a seventy yard run by #4 but a block in the back negated the score.

With 1:49 showing on the clock #11 from Russell took of on a fine twenty one yard run. This youngster throws a nice ball and looked smart enough to know when to run or throw it away. I think by seasons end he will have some nice numbers.

Seven seconds into quarter number two, #38 of the Red Devils sprinted in from seventeen yards out and did so pretty much untouched. Blocking on runs especially downfield was huge for Russell. The point after kick by #6 was unsuccessful leaving this one up at six.

At the 11:24 mark of quarter number two #77 sacked # 2 of Rowen County.
The Rowen County drive ended a few seconds after this and Russell was ready to go back to work.

#30 for Russell with the aid of his offensive line went up the gut of the Rowen County defense and picked up twelve yards.

With the clock showing 8:34 #4 used a nice move and field vision to pick up twelve more yards, on another nice run.

With 5:03 left in the half #4 plowed in from two yards out. #11 hit #38 for a two point conversion to make this a,14-6 game.

At the 4:52 mark of the 2nd quarter Rowen County got their biggest play on offense. A reverse with #49 running the ball picked up twenty six yards as he broke up the near sideline.

With 4:37 left in the half #77 for Russell sacked #2 for a two yard loss.
Another punt would soon follow and the Russell offense was ready to hit the field again.

At the 1:52 mark of the quarter #11 hit #10 for a 18 yard gain and another Russell first down.

There was :11 left in the half when that same combo teamed up again, this time for a seventeen yard score. A two point try was unsuccessful but Russell had a,20-6 lead.

8:49 remained in the game, when #4 sprinted for a forty five yard gain.
Then at the 7:55 mark #11 hooked up with #18 for sixteen yards and another Russell first down.

Russell lit the scoreboard up again, on a eight yard run by #38. After #6 hit the point after Russell led,27-6, with 7:29 left.

Russell would get one final score with 4:45 left and that came on a forty five yard run by #34 to make the final score,33-6.

UNOFFICIAL STATS
ROWEN COUNTY
26 PLAYS
19 YARDS
PASSING 0-2

RUSSELL
49 PLAYS
357 YARDS
PASSING 8-14 1 TD

Can a mode change it to ROWAN?
FBALL Wrote:If Russell developes along the offensive line they will have a good year.

This o-line looks like they might be a little stronger than last year's. They're definitely in better shape and more athletic. The potential is there for Russell to be much better on both lines this season.
Rowan not very good. Devils look good against weak oppenent the truth will be revealed in the coming weeks against Greenup Ashland and Ironton. Russell needs to go back to scrimmaging quality competition such as the WVA schools we use to play in the preseason.
That is the downside of the EKC. I wish our teams could bring in someone to scrimmage instead of it being within the conference.
thecoacher Wrote:That is the downside of the EKC. I wish our teams could bring in someone to scrimmage instead of it being within the conference.
I agree. I think also since that won't/can't next year Raceland should be against Russell. Green Up vs Bath. West Carter vs Fleming. East Carter vs Rowan County. Nicholas County vs Lewis.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I agree. I think also since that won't/can't next year Raceland should be against Russell. Green Up vs Bath. West Carter vs Fleming. East Carter vs Rowan County. Nicholas County vs Lewis.

Of the potential match-ups that you listed, Greenup vs Bath is the only one that would work because all of the others are games that are already scheduled for the regular season. West Carter/Fleming and East Carter/Rowan are actually district opponents.