Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Take That AOL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Collectors of the infamous AOL “free hours” CDs are legion. In fact, there are dozens of “rare” AOL CDs auctioned on eBay every day. But the masters of the AOL CD collecting domain are undoubtedly Jim McKenna and John Lieberman, two Californians who started collecting the discs back in 2002. Since then, they’ve amassed more than 385,000. (By the way, if you stacked those suckers up, they’d be taller than the Empire State Building.) When they get to the 1 million mark, they plan on returning the whole lump sum to AOL and asking the company to stop mailing unsolicited CDs.

:flame:
HTat is a classic story. I probably have thrown away over 20 myself!
I dont think I have gotten one if a couple of years.
I used to make guitar picks out of them. It took a while but they were fun to make and play well.
thetribe Wrote:I used to make guitar picks out of them. It took a while but they were fun to make and play well.
I never thought they could be used fot that.
It seriously just takes time and a little effort but I have fun doing it. I made a bass pick for a friend and made probably a dozen for myself and friends.
haha I agree with playboy, I've prob threw away 20 or 30 myself.
You can also use them as skeet shooting discs, lol!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:You can also use them as skeet shooting discs, lol!

Yea lol I have to try that sometime.
Pretty kool story.