Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since the season is only weeks away. It's time to start the talk. They return and have had many kids step up. I know that Trey Matthews is transitioning over to wide receiver and that will be a excellent addition. But enough talk let's look at returning starters

Offense:
L. Arnett
T. Bright
L. Doran
D. Jeffiries
T. Terrel

Please input some I am forgetting. The biggest thing will be replacing all the wide receivers from last year. We have got Alec Giron back on the line. He will be an excellent addition

Defense:
K. Hurt
K. Arnett
M. Brimer
N. Workman
J. Tapia
A. Lumson
N. Fox

Only thing on defense we suffered was the D-line.

That I know of there are three kickers this year on the team. Will they all be used who knows? Sid will be a hard one to replace. However I'm looking at a 15-0 season!
This ought to be a very fast reciever group. Lumson, matthews, and murrell are all pretty fast I'm thinking.
did shauntrez tyler graduate dont see him talked about anywhere?
He is still there will be a junior. I think he will get more playing time this year. I could see him getting to play some at both wr, and rb, maybe even dline, but I'm just guessing. 55 could probably fill us in on it.
killbilly usmc Wrote:This ought to be a very fast reciever group. Lumson, matthews, and murrell are all pretty fast I'm thinking.

You can't forget about Harrison
So how did McCracken Co. outhustle Mayfield for the Union City kid that took his talents northbound? That would have been unheard of five - six years ago.
Dont know of any Union City kids Mayfield has had but whoever he is he must want a bigger school and to go out early in the playoffs or cant stand the bright lights that would be on him in Mayfield.
Yeah, you forgot Ganaway as a returninging offensive lineman.
I think Tyler is most likely going to see a lot of time on the d line.

We also had a good athlete return that has seen time in our system as a RB and lb. That being Jr Tobias McNutt. I could see him making some time in our heavy sets on offense and possibly as de.

As I have heard the kicker this year is hitting 45 yard field goals. There seems to be an all out scramble for punter though, with the early nod going to Workman and Stinson.

The receivers will be very fast this year. They have got to start running better routes though. Early on it would appear that it will be Harrison and Lumson, which got work a lot there last year. Joining them will most likely be Bacon, Matthews and Murrell. Matthews was gone for our first 7 on 7. Murrell looked good though.
I was assuming this year that they would be returning Fox to his role as safety. I also assumed they would put Tapia back at his spot as LB, since he was starting there last year until his injury. They threw me a curveball though. They returned Tapia to his soph role as safety and brought Fox down to LB. I guess they are hoping for less of a chance of Tapia getting reinjured there and also to use Fox's big frame to help stop the run.
I think Brady Smith and the young man they call Q are also going to get a lot of time as de.
As far as the Union City thing goes, I haven't heard anything about it. However, maybe he moved over there. I really think it would be hard for someone to come in this year and hope to get a good role on this team unless they are a kicker. The coaches are pretty pleased with the talent.
Ive heard talk that Sloan has improved a lot from last season. 55 you think you can get any insight on that?
The only kickers I have heard about were some Hispanic kid the call Smiley and the 2 I mentioned as possible punters. Not sure on that.
I know Sloan was on the team last year. Couldn't kick a ball in the air to save his life. But I heard that he had improved greatly.
How did Mayfield do against Christian county in the 7 on 7 thingy the other site made it sound like we didnt do to well in pass defense.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:How did Mayfield do against Christian county in the 7 on 7 thingy the other site made it sound like we didnt do to well in pass defense.

0-3
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:did shauntrez tyler graduate dont see him talked about anywhere?

Noseguard
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:How did Mayfield do against Christian county in the 7 on 7 thingy the other site made it sound like we didnt do to well in pass defense.

Mayfield plays much difference in pads. :ChairHit:
We actually didn't go 0-3. It was 0-2-1. We showed youth in route running and dropped a few easy touchdowns. We had 1 CB that was having a very difficult time covering. Teams just kept burning that CB as well. I'm sure those things will be fixed before the Milan scrimmage.
Is the milan scrimmage on the 5th. Also what time? May have to check it out heard milan was going to be very good this year. This will be a great test.
The Milan scrimmage will be two Friday's prior to our first game. That is one week from this coming Friday. Which is the 5th. Typically it starts at 6pm. Now the weather could back it up some if it's too hot. The next week is the meet the Cardinals night.
mysonis55 Wrote:The Milan scrimmage will be two Friday's prior to our first game. That is one week from this coming Friday. Which is the 5th. Typically it starts at 6pm. Now the weather could back it up some if it's too hot. The next week is the meet the Cardinals night.

Thanks I may try to attend both.
Meet the Cardinals is pretty boring. We will be selling our new 12 time state champions caps that night though. That will be one of the highlights.
mysonis55 Wrote:The Milan scrimmage will be two Friday's prior to our first game. That is one week from this coming Friday. Which is the 5th. Typically it starts at 6pm. Now the weather could back it up some if it's too hot. The next week is the meet the Cardinals night.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told the Milan scrimmage was on a Saturday this year?
I will double check on that. I just talked to one of the linebackers. They hadn't heard it was on Saturday. It usually is on Friday. I will see what I can find out.
mysonis55 Wrote:Meet the Cardinals is pretty boring. We will be selling our new 12 time state champions caps that night though. That will be one of the highlights.
I got 2 New shirts with 12 time champions on it. When are you going to be unveiling these new banners? I've been anxious to see them.
The first game.
Ok I'll bring the freebie.
Good deal.
Pages: 1 2 3