Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Well Hoot Gibson, now that #NeverTrump is #VeryDead and Trump has selected Christian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Conservative Governor Mike Pence as VP running mate, where do you stand? Are you still going to be a Trump Hater and implicit Hillary supporter?
⬆⬆ While "Hoot Gibson" does not need me to speak for him, and while we disagree a lot, I think it is unfair to associate him in any way with support of Hillary Clinton. I believe HG to be a sincere conservative with deeply held convictions. These convictions lead him to have serious doubts about Donald Trump, such strong misgivings that he cannot vote for him in good conscience. That is taking voting very seriously, in my opinion, and exercising strong citizenship. From all the posts I've read, HG believes a rotten fence post would be a less dangerous President than Hillary Clinton.

We all realize a two party dominant system can occasionally (if not too often) put sincere people on left and right in a pickle. In my view, it is less than fair to say someone supports "anti A" simply because they can't in good conscience support "A." Just my opinion.
With all due respect, if you are not actively supporting Trump, you are contributing to the elction of HRC. Simply not participating is not an excuse. The election of HRC as POTUS could bring an end to GOP Presidencies, at the very least, the conservative movement would be dealt a blow that would take generations to recover from.
When George H W Bush was running, I remember Dems saying similar things following eight years of Ronald Reagan. Tides roll, seasons change. Even were Hillary Clinton to win in 2016, I really, really doubt she would in 2020. "2020"...is that possible already?
Pick6 Wrote:Conservative Governor Mike Pence as VP running mate, where do you stand? Are you still going to be a Trump Hater and implicit Hillary supporter?
I stand where I have always stood - as a principled conservative who does not vote for liberals. I almost always vote for Republicans and I never vote for Democrats. Those are my rules of engagement in national elections. Trump is a liberal RINO and Hillary is a liberal Democrat. Unlike those who supported Trump in the primaries, it is not my fault that the GOP nominated such as loser of a candidate. Can you say the same?
Pick6 Wrote:With all due respect, if you are not actively supporting Trump, you are contributing to the elction of HRC. Simply not participating is not an excuse. The election of HRC as POTUS could bring an end to GOP Presidencies, at the very least, the conservative movement would be dealt a blow that would take generations to recover from.
Trump is not and he has never been a conservative. Therefore, Trump's nomination over a field that included several genuine conservatives has already damaged the conservative movement. Absent Divine Intervention, Hillary will soundly defeat Trump in November - assuming that he does not drop out of the race before the election - and the conservative movement will survive. Trump's candidacy was a test for conservatives and if you supported his nomination by casting a primary vote for him or by failing to vote against him, then you failed the test and will own the looming Hillary presidency.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:When George H W Bush was running, I remember Dems saying similar things following eight years of Ronald Reagan. Tides roll, seasons change. Even were Hillary Clinton to win in 2016, I really, really doubt she would in 2020. "2020"...is that possible already?
Hillary Clinton is no George H. W. Bush. Hillary does not even measure up to Jimmy Carter. What she offers is a third term of the Obama nightmare. Obama and Hillary have actively pursued policies that have painted bright red targets on the backs of American citizens for terrorists and invited them into this country for live target practice.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Hillary Clinton is no George H. W. Bush. Hillary does not even measure up to Jimmy Carter. What she offers is a third term of the Obama nightmare. Obama and Hillary have actively pursued policies that have painted bright red targets on the backs of American citizens for terrorists and invited them into this country for live target practice.

The point was not to compare HRC with George H. W. Bush, but to suggest that even if HRC wins in 2016, the Republican party will not be dealt a death blow, just as Dems bounced back after Reagan, Bush and 12 years.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Trump is not and he has never been a conservative. Therefore, Trump's nomination over a field that included several genuine conservatives has already damaged the conservative movement. Absent Divine Intervention, Hillary will soundly defeat Trump in November - assuming that he does not drop out of the race before the election - and the conservative movement will survive. Trump's candidacy was a test for conservatives and if you supported his nomination by casting a primary vote for him or by failing to vote against him, then you failed the test and will own the looming Hillary presidency.

Trump is what he is, apart from what you say about him. And considering that you are not, nor have you ever been a prophet, there is no way you can speak conclusively about the future and what a Trump Presidency would mean for this country.

It is odd though. You claim to hold on to genuine conservatism with one hand and #NeverTrump with the other. Which is exactly the modus operandi of John McCain, Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney and other similarly distinguished RINO's and pencil necked pundits on the order of Erikson and Kristol. The company you keep are anything but genuine in my book. Unless you meant genuinely arrogant that is.

The only test that means anything is one which separates rabid ideologues and half assed fortune tellers from folks who love this country and who have skin in the game, having pursued and achieved self dependency and possessing a genuine concern for the 'common good.'
[Image: IqDwEkPqawrJGq2O9iEar8df76PJI5AACxgaWV4E...1YAqu=s400]
TheRealThing Wrote:Trump is what he is, apart from what you say about him. And considering that you are not, nor have you ever been a prophet, there is no way you can speak conclusively about the future and what a Trump Presidency would mean for this country.

It is odd though. You claim to hold on to genuine conservatism with one hand and #NeverTrump with the other. Which is exactly the modus operandi of John McCain, Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney and other similarly distinguished RINO's and pencil necked pundits on the order of Erikson and Kristol. The company you keep are anything but genuine in my book. Unless you meant genuinely arrogant that is.

The only test that means anything is one which separates rabid ideologues and half assed fortune tellers from folks who love this country and who have skin in the game, having pursued and achieved self dependency and possessing a genuine concern for the 'common good.'
I have no time to argue with hypocrites. You have made your share of predictions but have repeatedly ridiculed me as a bad prophet. Like Trump, your overuse of insults as a substitute for substance is pathetic.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have no time to argue with hypocrites. You have made your share of predictions but have repeatedly ridiculed me as a bad prophet. Like Trump, your overuse of insults as a substitute for substance is pathetic.

Not as pathetic as your record of getting those predictions right.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have no time to argue with hypocrites. You have made your share of predictions but have repeatedly ridiculed me as a bad prophet. Like Trump, your overuse of insults as a substitute for substance is pathetic.

TheRealThing Wrote:Not as pathetic as your record of getting those predictions right.

[Image: Round-Two.jpg]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Hillary Clinton is no George H. W. Bush. Hillary does not even measure up to Jimmy Carter. What she offers is a third term of the Obama nightmare. Obama and Hillary have actively pursued policies that have painted bright red targets on the backs of American citizens for terrorists and invited them into this country for live target practice.

And you spend hours a day attacking her opponent.
jetpilot Wrote:And you spend hours a day attacking her opponent.
Her opponent has funded her during most of her political career and before that, he funded Bill Clinton's political career. People like the Clintons could not get elected without the support of crony capitalists like Donald Trump. Liberals are destroying this country and Trump is one of them. I have never and will never vote for liberal politicians.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Her opponent has funded her during most of her political career and before that, he funded Bill Clinton's political career. People like the Clintons could not get elected without the support of crony capitalists like Donald Trump. Liberals are destroying this country and Trump is one of them. I have never and will never vote for liberal politicians.

Well aren't you special. I'm going to have a special kind of hatred for nuts like you the next 8 years...
jetpilot Wrote:Well aren't you special. I'm going to have a special kind of hatred for nuts like you the next 8 years...
I feel the same about the nuts who did not stop Donald Trump when they had the opportunity, yet still consider themselves conservatives. Hillary won the day that Trump accepted the Republican nomination.
jetpilot Wrote:Well aren't you special. I'm going to have a special kind of hatred for nuts like you the next 8 years...

[Image: 8525921.jpg]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I feel the same about the nuts who did not stop Donald Trump when they had the opportunity, yet still consider themselves conservatives. Hillary won the day that Trump accepted the Republican nomination.

You spend your days worrying about how to stop Trump instead of how to stop Hillary. Idiot of the highest order. Oh yeah, but you are sucking for all you're worth on the taxpayer teat.Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:You spend your days worrying about how to stop Trump instead of how to stop Hillary. Idiot of the highest order. Oh yeah, but you are sucking for all you're worth on the taxpayer teat.Confusednicker:
No doubt you are a Trump man. He still thinks that insulting everybody who disagrees with him is his path to the White House. How's that working out for your leader? :biglmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No doubt you are a Trump man. He still thinks that insulting everybody who disagrees with him is his path to the White House. How's that working out for your leader? :biglmao:

Sucky sucky gimme money
I don't care about this country
Who gives a crap about 20 TRIL
Gonna cast my vote for good ole Hill
jetpilot Wrote:Sucky sucky gimme money
I don't care about this country
Who gives a crap about 20 TRIL
Gonna cast my vote for good ole Hill
Vote for Hillary if you want. Hillary or Hillary's donor- what difference does it make? Neither one of them are worthy of a vote, but no matter who you vote for, Trump is headed for a historic loss. You can take that to the bank. Hopefully, both of them will withdraw before the election.