Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Black Lives Matter Terrorist Shooting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is time to add the Black Lives Matter movement to the list of terrorist organizations and it is time to add President Obama to the terrorist watch and no fly lists. Obama's racist rhetoric over the past seven years created the atmosphere for this shooting.

A patriotic American leader would have condemned this racist group of thugs long ago. A "peaceful" protest that ended in the cold, calculated murder of at least five police officers and the wounding of six additional officers. Peaceful protests do not include organized ambushes of innocent people performing their jobs.

Obama's statement following the massacre was just plain sick. Calls for banning "assault weapons" today. Don't hold your breath for a widespread investigation of the racist Black Live Matters movement.

Quote:2 Snipers Ambush, Kill 5 Officers, Injure 6 in Dallas Following Peaceful Protest

Five officers are dead — four Dallas police officers and one DART transit officer — after two snipers ambushed and opened fire on police at the end of a peaceful protest against nationwide officer-involved shootings Thursday night, officials say.

One suspect is dead, a Dallas police detective tells NBC 5 early Friday morning, and three other suspects were in custody in connection with the shooting.

Obama: America is 'Horrified' Over Dallas Attack

President Barack Obama, who was in Warsaw, Poland, for a NATO meeting, condemned the "vicious, callous and despicable attack."

"I believe I speak for every single American when I say that we are horrified over these events and that we stand united with the people and the police department in Dallas," the president said.

At least one civilian was injured. She was identified by family as Shetamia Taylor, and she was shot while shielding her children from the gunfire, her sister told NBC 5. Taylor's condition is not known.

A bomb squad investigated at least one suspicious package in the night as part of the massive police response. Dallas Police Department's Maj. Max Geron said Friday morning that primary and secondary sweeps found no explosives.

The deceased DART officer was identified as 43-year-old Officer Brent
Thompson. He is the first DART officer killed in the line of duty since the transit service formed a police department in 1989. He joined DART in 2009, according to a department statement.

Identities of the deceased Dallas police officers have not been released.

Eleven officers in all were shot by gunmen in what police believe to be a coordinated ambush attack that began at 8:58 p.m., at the close of a rally in solidarity with two men killed in officer-involved shootings, one in Louisiana, one in Minnesota.

"We believe that these suspects were positioning themselves to triangulate on our officers ... and planned to injure and kill as many law enforcement officers as they could," Dallas Police Chief David Brown said at a news conference Thursday evening.

One person was taken into custody at about 11:30 p.m., Dallas police said, following an exchange of gunfire with Dallas SWAT officers. A suspicious package was located near that person, and the package was being investigated by bomb squad personnel.

Two other people were taken into custody in connection with a vehicle, Brown said.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It is time to add the Black Lives Matter movement to the list of terrorist organizations and it is time to add President Obama to the terrorist watch and no fly lists. Obama's racist rhetoric over the past seven years created the atmosphere for this shooting.

A patriotic American leader would have condemned this racist group of thugs long ago. A "peaceful" protest that ended in the cold, calculated murder of at least five police officers and the wounding of six additional officers. Peaceful protests do not include organized ambushes of innocent people performing their jobs.

Obama's statement following the massacre was just plain sick. Calls for banning "assault weapons" today. Don't hold your breath for a widespread investigation of the racist Black Live Matters movement.

Painting with a rather broad brush, it seems to me.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Painting with a rather broad brush, it seems to me.
Sometimes a thin artist brush is simply the wrong tool. The Black Congressional Caucus has already renewed demands for banning guns. Some people have no shame and I include Obama, the BCC, the BLM movement, and all the liberals who support stripping victims and potential victims of their constitutional rights.

This is not a gun issue, it is a thug issue that has just been elevated to a domestic terrorism issue.

Now would be a great time for the Gov. Greg Abbott of the great state of Texas to tell the FBI and every other federal agency that want to "help" with the investigation of the Texas terrorist attack not to cross the state line. Texas knows what to do with mass murderers. The state handles cold blooded killers better than any other state does.

The lawless Obama administration needs to keep its nose out of Texas business.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It is time to add the Black Lives Matter movement to the list of terrorist organizations and it is time to add President Obama to the terrorist watch and no fly lists. Obama's racist rhetoric over the past seven years created the atmosphere for this shooting.

Looking through recent threads, I don't see any you, or any other starting about the two recent cop killings. It seems the 2nd amendment is just, as long as it's not black people carrying. Both instances, the killing of police, and cops killing needlessly, are both horrendous, and not a usual political thing. I know, I know, you would have been a traitor to your party if you started a thread yesterday putting down the killer cops. This is a sad day for both types of murder. I snooped here yesterday, just to reiterate what I already knew, no thread would be started about the killer cops, and came back today to see the thread I knew would be here, about the killing of cops.
^ Oh boy. Here come the fireworks lol.
TheRealVille Wrote:Looking through recent threads, I don't see any you, or any other starting about the two recent cop killings. It seems the 2nd amendment is just, as long as it's not black people carrying. Both instances, the killing of police, and cops killing needlessly, are both horrendous, and not a usual political thing. I know, I know, you would have been a traitor to your party if you started a thread yesterday putting down the killer cops. This is a sad day for both types of murder. I snooped here yesterday, just to reiterate what I already knew, no thread would be started about the killer cops, and came back today to see the thread I knew would be here, about the killing of cops.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/0...ar_on_cops
Black Lives Matter should now be considered a domestic terrorist organization and dealt with accordingly.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Black Lives Matter should now be considered a domestic terrorist organization and dealt with accordingly.

Does the leadership of BLM advocate for violence? On what grounds would BLM be considered a DTO? If a Baptist shoots three doctors at a women's health services clinic, should the Southern Baptist Convention be considered a DTO?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Does the leadership of BLM advocate for violence? On what grounds would BLM be considered a DTO? If a Baptist shoots three doctors at a women's health services clinic, should the Southern Baptist Convention be considered a DTO?

Terrorism- the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims.

Not only have they resorted to violence on multiple occasions, there racist members also fill social media with threats and intimidation of anyone who disagrees as well as harassing those that do not agree with them.

They are a terrorist organization, I have absolutely no doubt. The only thing they lacked was major violence and they have no begun that.

I hope to see them all rot.
Obama will most likely wipe his ass with it, but I encourage anyone and everyone to sign this

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitio...ganization
Already 31000 sigs in a day. It will get the amount needed and force a response, no matter how small.
There is also a Hillary Clinton petition to charge her with crimes. Almost 300K on that one.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Terrorism- the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims.

Not only have they resorted to violence on multiple occasions, there racist members also fill social media with threats and intimidation of anyone who disagrees as well as harassing those that do not agree with them.

They are a terrorist organization, I have absolutely no doubt. The only thing they lacked was major violence and they have no begun that.

I hope to see them all rot.

"Them all"... now, is that "them" referring to all people who attend BLM events? Or, do you specifically mean BLM participants who advocate violence?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:"Them all"... now, is that "them" referring to all people who attend BLM events? Or, do you specifically mean BLM participants who advocate violence?

I don't think you deserve a response seeing as how you are pathetically trying to race bait me into an argument when I could care less if you think im a racist, bigot, murderer, or all of the above.
"Them All" are the thousands of people cheering and advocating the cop killings throughout this country right now.
So if your asking me about that, yes, I would love to see every single violent BLM terrorist rot in eternal hell.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I don't think you deserve a response seeing as how you are pathetically trying to race bait me into an argument when I could care less if you think im a racist, bigot, murderer, or all of the above.
"Them All" are the thousands of people cheering and advocating the cop killings throughout this country right now.
So if your asking me about that, yes, I would love to see every single violent BLM terrorist rot in eternal hell.

Anyone who cheers violence may well "rot in hell." I just don't think the founders of BLM advocate violence. Advocates of non-violent protest have always struggled to restrain those who react from anger. I was trying to establish if you differentiated the thousands of non-violent protesters in Dallas from the one guy, who sounds like suffered from the uncontrolled anger and impulse of untreated PTSD, who did the shooting. That's it.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:"Them all"... now, is that "them" referring to all people who attend BLM events? Or, do you specifically mean BLM participants who advocate violence?

Ever watch Bad Santa ?
^^ PTSD Are you serious? The guy was a former Carpenter with no combat training or exposure.
TheRealThing Wrote:^^ PTSD Are you serious? The guy was a former Carpenter with no combat training or exposure.

He's yelling about the end being near. He lives with his Mom. Reports suggest once he returned from Afghanistan he was "very different." It doesn't sound like he was emotionally stable at all. In fact, it doesn't appear he connected all that much with BLM. I'm not making some official diagnosis, but he was, by reports I've seen, not exactly faring well. He did not represent BLM any more than Randall Terry represents Christianity.
TigerBlues Wrote:Ever watch Bad Santa ?

J Peterman catalogue? Elaine Benes? On the cover?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:J Peterman catalogue? Elaine Benes? On the cover?

Not the same amigo
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:J Peterman catalogue? Elaine Benes? On the cover?

Peterman fired Elaine during that episode but brought her back
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:He's yelling about the end being near. He lives with his Mom. Reports suggest once he returned from Afghanistan he was "very different." It doesn't sound like he was emotionally stable at all. In fact, it doesn't appear he connected all that much with BLM. I'm not making some official diagnosis, but he was, by reports I've seen, not exactly faring well. He did not represent BLM any more than Randall Terry represents Christianity.

Should we not bother to wait for the results of the investigation by the Dallas PD then?
TheRealThing Wrote:Should we not bother to wait for the results of the investigation by the Dallas PD then?

Did I suggest otherwise? I am simply repeating bits and pieces reported by family, friends, and official sources that begin to paint a picture of the shooter. I see no need to wait to suggest he did not represent BLM at all in his conclusion that killing white police officers was an acceptable act of protest.
Very rarely is anything so obvious on it's face that a cursory glance and a rock skip off the surface would give one an accurate picture. I know a childhood friend of the shooter said that he was different when he came back from Iraq and that as soon as he got back home, he "went all black panther." And from there started contacting some pretty bad people.

To deny this guy may have had significant ties to BLM is rather bizare. And of course BLM spokespeople are going to deny they advocate for violence though they do seem to have some odd chants for a peace loving crowd. But after all the theatrics and drama since the Michael Brown case, even the official report coming from the Eric Holder led DOJ laid out the case destroying the validity of the BLM "hands up don't shoot" theme slogan as follows;

"Although there are several individuals who have stated that Brown held his hands up in an unambiguous sign of surrender prior to Wilson shooting him dead, their accounts do not support a prosecution of Wilson.‎ As detailed throughout this report, some of those accounts are inaccurate because they are inconsistent with the physical and forensic evidence; some of those accounts are materially inconsistent with that witness’s own prior statements with no explanation, credible or otherwise, as to why those accounts changed over time."

I didn't see any official retraction of the tinderbox slogan though, did you? The Congressional Black Caucus would never call for violence either. But that didn't stop Rep Al Green from persisting in making the 'hands up don't shoot' gesture from the Floor of the House of Representative long after it had been revealed to have been a lie from the lips of so-called witnesses.

These cell phone video reports and all the racial foment are to some degree sanctioned by higher powers sympathetic to every imaginable special interest other than the constitutionally recognized "common good." Thusly carving out groups based on ethnicity is suicidal IMHO. What made America special was the aspiration to eliminate the European style caste system with one guarantee in particular, the concept of equality of opportunity. Along those lines Dr Martin Luther King said the following; "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Dr King's fondest hope was that one day black people would judged solely on the way they behaved in society, not on the color of their skin. But at no time did he ever suggest black people should be given a pass on personal responsibility. Well, we got close. Just about every little white boy I see has on a team jersey with the name LeBron, or Jordan, or Durant or some noted black athlete emblazoned on the back. Society moved past prejudice only to get snatched back into the past again by race baiting Al Sharptons of this world, and the race exploitations of those in government who need an edge to maintain profile and power. To me, we have once again managed to snatch defeat back out of the jaws of victory. Albertine King, daughter of Martin Luther and a doctor herself may be as sage a representative of the Church and the citizenry of this country as I have seen. I don't believe I have ever heard her speak that I did not agree with all that she had to say. The content of her character is as noble as that of her father.

Shootings are always tragic. But so was jumping to conclusions in the Trayvon Martin Case, the Michael Brown Case, the Freddie Gray case and every other case in which self appointed and over zealous civil rights watchdogs have fanned the flames of riot, destruction and now death. As isolated incidents become more and more frequent, so too do they become more apt to happen in our own neighborhoods and public places. This represents a real threat to safety of the public and it shows no sign of abatement. Scary don't quite cut it.
TheRealThing Wrote:Very rarely is anything so obvious on it's face that a cursory glance and a rock skip off the surface would give one an accurate picture. I know a childhood friend of the shooter said that he was different when he came back from Iraq and that as soon as he got back home, he "went all black panther." And from there started contacting some pretty bad people.

To deny this guy may have had significant ties to BLM is rather bizare. And of course BLM spokespeople are going to deny they advocate for violence though they do seem to have some odd chants for a peace loving crowd. But after all the theatrics and drama since the Michael Brown case, even the official report coming from the Eric Holder led DOJ laid out the case destroying the validity of the BLM "hands up don't shoot" theme slogan as follows;

"Although there are several individuals who have stated that Brown held his hands up in an unambiguous sign of surrender prior to Wilson shooting him dead, their accounts do not support a prosecution of Wilson.‎ As detailed throughout this report, some of those accounts are inaccurate because they are inconsistent with the physical and forensic evidence; some of those accounts are materially inconsistent with that witness’s own prior statements with no explanation, credible or otherwise, as to why those accounts changed over time."

I didn't see any official retraction of the tinderbox slogan though, did you? The Congressional Black Caucus would never call for violence either. But that didn't stop Rep Al Green from persisting in making the 'hands up don't shoot' gesture from the Floor of the House of Representative long after it had been revealed to have been a lie from the lips of so-called witnesses.

These cell phone video reports and all the racial foment are to some degree sanctioned by higher powers sympathetic to every imaginable special interest other than the constitutionally recognized "common good." Thusly carving out groups based on ethnicity is suicidal IMHO. What made America special was the aspiration to eliminate the European style caste system with one guarantee in particular, the concept of equality of opportunity. Along those lines Dr Martin Luther King said the following; "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Dr King's fondest hope was that one day black people would judged solely on the way they behaved in society, not on the color of their skin. But at no time did he ever suggest black people should be given a pass on personal responsibility. Well, we got close. Just about every little white boy I see has on a team jersey with the name LeBron, or Jordan, or Durant or some noted black athlete emblazoned on the back. Society moved past prejudice only to get snatched back into the past again by race baiting Al Sharptons of this world, and the race exploitatings of those in government who need an edge to maintain profile and power. To me, we have once again managed to snatch defeat back out of the jaws of victory. Albertine King, daughter of Martin Luther and a doctor herself may be as sage a representative of the Church and the citizenry of this country as I have seen. I don't believe I have ever heard her speak that I did not agree with all that she had to say.

Shootings are always tragic. But so was jumping to conclusions in the Trayvon Martin Case, the Michael Brown Case, the Freddie Gray case and every other case in which self appointed and over zealous civil rights watchdogs have fanned the flames of riot, destruction and now death. As isolated incidents become more and more frequent, so too do they become more apt to happen in our own neighborhoods and public places. This represents a real threat to safety of the public and it shows no sign of abatement. Scary don't quite cut it.

I agree with much of your post. I think the Al Sharpton's of the world want to be MLK, but aren't. Just as the OJ Simpson trial showed what access to celebrity can do to people and a process, so does a tragedy bring out those eager to get in front of a camera, and, geez, our culture has A LOT of cameras. I don't care what color the skin, if I am skirting the law, then refuse to comply with orders from the police, I am placing myself in danger. One note: it has been reported that the Dallas shooter had much criticism for BLM in his "manifesto."
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I agree with much of your post. I think the Al Sharpton's of the world want to be MLK, but aren't. Just as the OJ Simpson trial showed what access to celebrity can do to people and a process, so does a tragedy bring out those eager to get in front of a camera, and, geez, our culture has A LOT of cameras. I don't care what color the skin, if I am skirting the law, then refuse to comply with orders from the police, I am placing myself in danger. One note: it has been reported that the Dallas shooter had much criticism for BLM in his "manifesto."

Yeah, radicals either partially of totally infected by Islam or BLM or whatever, are looking for a reason to justify their blind hatred of the world. They say one picture is worth a thousand words. See these little guys hitching a ride on the shark?
CLICK ME---
[attachment=o3379]

They remind me of the empty people with a bullhorn in their hand, or a rifle, they're always looking for a cause to attach themselves to, it kind of gives them a feeling of validation. Liberal apologists come to mind, as well as those who want to go out in a blaze of hate. Maybe the gun control crowd needs to include 'assault bullhorns' in their quest?
TheRealThing Wrote:Yeah, radicals either partially of totally infected by Islam or BLM or whatever, are looking for a reason to justify their blind hatred of the world. They say one picture is worth a thousand words. See these little guys hitching a ride on the shark?
CLICK ME---
[attachment=o3379]

They remind me of the empty people with a bullhorn in their hand, or a rifle, they're always looking for a cause to attach themselves to, it kind of gives them a feeling of validation. Liberal apologists come to mind, as well as those who want to go out in a blaze of hate. Maybe the gun control crowd needs to include 'assault bullhorns' in their quest?

"I would be successful and happy if it weren't for [insert group or person to blame]" certainly is the tendency to shirk responsibility for oneself, and our culture does need a healthy dose of taking ownership of one's own life. With that said, I do not believe every person is born with an equal opportunity to succeed, but, if we dwell on that as a culture, no botched life need look very far for an excuse, and that kind of blaming makes people weaker and a society weaker.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:"I would be successful and happy if it weren't for [insert group or person to blame]" certainly is the tendency to shirk responsibility for oneself, and our culture does need a healthy dose of taking ownership of one's own life. With that said, I do not believe every person is born with an equal opportunity to succeed, but, if we dwell on that as a culture, no botched life need look very far for an excuse, and that kind of blaming makes people weaker and a society weaker.

I mostly agree with you here with exception of one qualifier. I agree, people often do rationalize their own failures by blaming others, I see it nearly everyday. But we have a unique complication to the disease you outlined above, here in the good ol USA and I've mentioned it to you before. We encourage the sidestep of personal responsibility by mislabeling failure to launch by another name, or rationale. Liberals blame race, and have created a culture war that continues to be tenderly cultivated by professorial though misguided husbandmen in universities across the land. The climate was ripe for it because here in the land of plenty, there exists a vast disparity of wealth, the contrast therefore of the mega-rich to the poverty line inhabitants is tailor made for Hollywood dramatics. The social mess created by all those who live for today, is picked up by those who live responsibly.

And that is not to say a hand up is not healthy, but to suggest an entire ethnic group has been denied wealth by those who worked for same is absurd and unpatriotic, and has spawned the riots and uproar under which threat we writhe. The true denier is apathy, and the heart of America, that being the one time vast middle class, is suffering because of it. We've sapped the middle classes' life giving blood, robbed the piggy bank and we've borrowed 20 Trillion and still, the depressed call for more and ever more. It will not end. As I have said in years past, once LBJ opened the door to welfare under the dictates of The Great Society Initiative, which assumed the indigent deserve to be compensated by the rest, there would literally be no place to draw the line. And as we have seen, there isn't.

So, we've depleted the Treasury, hocked or sold everything from military secrets to hotel chains and the need is only getting greater. I don't know if there really is such a thing as a black hole or not because their existence is still based in theory. But I know if they do exist, according to physics they cannot be filled up with the cosmic materials of this universe. Can a black hole ever fill up? "No, in fact they are a result of something being filled too much. Black holes form when a colossal amount of material gets crammed into a tiny space that’s much too small for it all to exist at once. When this happens, it collapses into something called a singularity. This infinitely small point contains all the mass and the subsequent gravity that results from it. Because of the huge amount of mass, close to the black hole the gravity is so strong that nothing can escape. This strong gravity pulls material into the black hole and it will consume until there is nothing left around it. Once it has cleared out the area around it, it may eventually evaporate away in a process taking billions of years." http://www.spaceanswers.com/deep-space/c...r-fill-up/

No percentage of tax dollars will ever be enough to right the injustices envisioned by social justice advocates; Any more than a black hole could ever be filled. History and science tell us that the end result is the same 100% of the time in both scenarios. They consume everything around them and whether the measure is physics or economics, the need or void, can never be filled. And if I could attach one more important rider to this analogy, the same holds true with US immigration. We can't take in everybody, we have to find the will to draw the line at some point or those pouring in will consume us.
⬆⬆ If you are blaming "welfare" for the plight of the middle class, in the same way that you suggest a whole race blames another race for its suffering, perhaps we are all learning here how the power elite controls the masses. "Divide and conquer" would be one way of labeling it. By pitting various constituencies against each other, the power of the people is so compromised, so dilluted, that the power elite remain unthreatened and in charge, and, thereby, continue to carve up the pie in ways that keep everything pretty much heavily slanted to their bloated, greedy, ever-hungry advantage.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆⬆ If you are blaming "welfare" for the plight of the middle class, in the same way that you suggest a whole race blames another race for its suffering, perhaps we are all learning here how the power elite controls the masses. "Divide and conquer" would be one way of labeling it. By pitting various constituencies against each other, the power of the people is so compromised, so dilluted, that the power elite remain unthreatened and in charge, and, thereby, continue to carve up the pie in ways that keep everything pretty much heavily slanted to their bloated, greedy, ever-hungry advantage.

It's real simple. I spoke to a man recently who was up in his 90's. He told me about his time in the US Navy during WW2 and his career after he was discharged. You know what he did for a living? Changed tires, replaced brakes and performed front-end alignments. He never really made a lot of money from the hourly perspective, but he managed what money he had well. He was able to afford to buy a house, raise a family, and he was grateful and proud to have done so. Never needed Uncle Sam to give him foodstamps or otherwise subsidize his existence. He was in a singular term, self-sufficient.

The thing that separates him from able bodied people who do expect living assistance is something called integrity. He has it, they lack it. Did he feel divided from the financially elite? No, he still flashed a beaming smile for the privilege. This land offers equality of opportunity for those willing to work.
Genesis 3:19 (KJV)
"19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

Life is not easy, but it can be rewarding enough for those willing to do it God's way, which is to work.
TheRealThing Wrote:It's real simple. I spoke to a man recently who was up in his 90's. He told me about his time in the US Navy during WW2 and his career after he was discharged. You know what he did for a living? Changed tires, replaced brakes and performed front-end alignments. He never really made a lot of money from the hourly perspective, but he managed what money he had well. He was able to afford to buy a house, raise a family, and he was grateful and proud to have done so. Never needed Uncle Sam to give him foodstamps or otherwise subsidize his existence. He was in a singular term, self-sufficient.

The thing that separates him from able bodied people who do expect living assistance is something called integrity. He has it, they lack it. Did he feel divided from the financially elite? No, he still flashed a beaming smile for the privilege. This land offers equality of opportunity for those willing to work.
Genesis 3:19 (KJV)
"19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

Life is not easy, but it can be rewarding enough for those willing to do it God's way, which is to work.

If what is at issue is the person who works hard, lives wisely and succeeds vs. the person who, though able, refuses to work preferring government assistance, you'll get no gruff here. However, "you trample on the poor and force him to give you grain," and "Hear this, you who trample the needy and do away with the poor of the land" is also a biblical theme, and not just in Amos. If I have started a company that is floundering, I cannot fret and plead and obssess until a war is started which suddenly sends my company into orbitous profits. But, the power elite can.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:If what is at issue is the person who works hard, lives wisely and succeeds vs. the person who, though able, refuses to work preferring government assistance, you'll get no gruff here. However, "you trample on the poor and force him to give you grain," and "Hear this, you who trample the needy and do away with the poor of the land" is also a biblical theme, and not just in Amos. If I have started a company that is floundering, I cannot fret and plead and obssess until a war is started which suddenly sends my company into orbitous profits. But, the power elite can.

I'm sorry to hear that your company is floundering, I hope you do much better soon. However, national defense is the primary responsibility of the federal government and I am grateful for same. If this is a Military-Industrial complex argument not only am I not interested in pursing, I do not accept that it has anything to do with the poor.

Amos does refer to poor people being mistreated by a godless society, but America bears no faint similarity to the people of Amos' day. We go the extra mile in this country, citing Christian values I might add, to help the poor. Many of those who are getting help, don't need help. Now, they may well need an attitude adjustment, but free everything is an altogether different situation and God never suggests a free ride for the able bodied. In fact, it is quite the opposite; 1 Timothy 5:8 (KJV)
"8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

The liberal argument is absurd. First they say only heartless Republicans would stand in the way of who knows how many illegals pouring in here to find jobs, which they always find BTW. Second, they say those who were born and raised here can't find work because there are no jobs. Anybody else see an inconsistency with the two talking points? I know a lot of people think they're too good to do many of the jobs that illegal immigrants hold, but there are jobs.
Pages: 1 2