Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys i just seen on the polls i think it was who would win the 14th tourney that powell had a few votes. Have not got a chance to watch this team play this year. What are they like? are they any good?
when they have their game going, no one can beat them, they are tough and a threat to every team they play. they have 10+ starters and can use all of their bench and still get the win on any given night. they are by far the most deepest and most unselfish team in the region. their offense is great when they run, when they are not running their near unstoppable fast break. they dont shoot the 3 very well but when they do, they pour. powell has several great shooters, dennis, pelfrey, skidmore, kinser, merriman. martin, johnson, and banks can knock down some mid range shots. they have 4 post players that can be a threat on any given night and are when they are used in the offense, romans, the backbone of their team is almost unstoppable, adams is the tall man in the center and everytime a ball gets around him the threat for 3rd row bound is high. powell county is very good, they have their bad nights, but when they are ready to play, they can score over 85+ each night. they have a high chance of winning the region this year. they are no push over or a joke.
They do play very hard! But they will not win the 14th region mark it down, argue, post whatever, it will not happen.
rainout Wrote:They do play very hard! But they will not win the 14th region mark it down, argue, post whatever, it will not happen.
That's what they said in 2003 too. Remember what happened then.
this years team is determined not to loose. the season started off rough for them, but they have put it together and can play with anyone in the state. the 14th region i see it is down to 4 teams, hazard jbs, breathitt and powell. i cant wait til powell goes to whitesburg and cut those nets down and head to rupp.