Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Governor Bevin removing U of L board members; President Ramsey resigning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Governo...11561.html

FRANKFORT, Ky. (WKYT) - Governor Matt Bevin announced that changes will be made at the University of Louisville.

He made the statement on Friday morning at the Capitol.

Bevin announced that current UofL president, James Ramsey, has agreed to resign. Ramsey has been at UofL 14 years. There has not been an exact time set for Ramsey to step down, according to Governor Bevin.

Bevin will also remove the existing board members. He says he will reorganize the board in an effort to improve the administration at the school. The new board will have 13 members instead of 17. The Council on Postsecondary Education will make recommendations for replacements. Governor Bevin said the board was learning of the reorganization as his announcement was being made.

When asked, Bevin denied that Rick Pitino or the sex scandal drove him to make this move.

“The athletic side has not driven my concerns,” Bevin said, adding that he has not spoken to Pitino about the decision.
And of course this announcement would come while Matt Jones from KSR is on vacation.
I just come here to check if anyone had posted it.. Its almost a little unbelievable that the whole athletic scandal didn't play at least a 'small" part in the decision..If it did not there must have been a whole crapstorm of stupidity going on behind the scenes to bring this about. :eyeroll:
When is little Stevie and Dumbo going to file a law suit to stop this. He can't be firing all of daddy appointee.
Gov Bevin is doing a great job. Love seeing this happen.
Bevin has done more in his first year then every dem governor this state has had has ever done for their entire terms.
Very possible he will get McConnells seat when he retires. Love these cuts.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Bevin has done more in his first year then every dem governor this state has had has ever done for their entire terms.
Very possible he will get McConnells seat when he retires. Love these cuts.

I agree, Bevin with an 8 year governor run, 3 year senator run, then a presidential run.
Well little Stevie files law suit today.
Good