Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Two-time SB champion Parcells retires from coaching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sad day for cowboys fans....
phs1986 Wrote:Sad day for cowboys fans....

Sad day for football............ anybody think T.O. had anything to do with him suddenly losing the will??
Hated to see him leave. I was hoping T.O. would leave and Parcells stay. And I would say T.O. had alot to do with it. Hes a thorn in anyones side and once he gets in, he doesnt come out.
It was T.O.'s team anyways!
I'd put up with TO for 5 and a half million.....LOL....
phs1986 Wrote:I'd put up with TO for 5 and a half million.....LOL....

I wouldn't if I had that many million already
Bill Parcells is a good coach, but a VERY OVERRATED one. I wouldnt dare hire him as coach if I was an owner. I wouldnt want to deal with that same ol crap "is he coming back next year or not" every single year. He never should have went to Dallas in the first place IMO, and when Jones brought in T.O., it was all she wrote. If he's thinking that he'll sit out a year or so and be the next big name out there when an opening comes, he shouldnt flatter himself, because nobodys gonna give him a look while Cowher's still available.
Parcells most stressful years of his life were spent in Dallas. He just didn't look happy the whole time he was there.
BFritz Wrote:I wouldn't if I had that many million already

Well.... I don't so I would!!! LMAO.....
Parcells record there was very average at best.Im tired of reading about the guy myself,,You guys gettin sick of hearin about him and TO.Dont let the door hit you on the way out parcells you old grouchy fart,,,,,,,,who will be in the hall of fame.Great coach but time to go.Im actually agreeing with tidehoss..
The analysts have been saying for over a month now that it would either be Parcells or TO at Dallas. Frankly I don't blame him for retiring. I wouldn't have worked for a puke like Jerry Jones anyway. Him and TO are a good fit.
I think this was Parcells last stand as a coach in the NFL.
Sad day, Parcells was one of the best coaches in NFL history. A future hall of famer for sure.
Parcells isn't in the top 1o coaches of all time IMO!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Parcells isn't in the top 1o coaches of all time IMO!

He was a great coach, but, honestly, I don't think he's top ten all-time either
Football fans and cowboy fans are going to miss him
Not all Cowboy fans will miss him.

I liked Bill but I was never sold on his type of ball for the boys.

He's better than Campo, and Gailey, but I didn't like him as much as Jimmie, or Barry and on his best day he was no where near Tom Landry in any aspect.

They were much more competitive but they are in a transition period that is going to take longer that Bill was willing to devote.
Good Post and very true Doc!