Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: You Just Knew it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last night was not the Pats night....it all came to easily...to early....when the Colts drove for a late field goal in the first half...I knew it was over.
Way to go Colts. Didn't everybody just love that winning interception?
I didn't know it....... Tom Brady's Mr Clutch, as is the Pats defense, but both choked last night
I picked this one!!
I think the word choke is a bad choice of words Fritz,my man.You young guys say that constantly.They just got beat,,,great comeback by the Colts.
Old school Dawg Wrote:I think the word choke is a bad choice of words Fritz,my man.You young guys say that constantly.They just got beat,,,great comeback by the Colts.

Um.......... what choice of words would you use? Folded under pressure? Go back and watch the game then watch the games of the Pats in the playoffs in their Super Bowl years: their D would step up and dominate, Tom Brady would make every throw perfect, every read he would make was perfect, but against the Colts, it was the opposite.
Fritz dont get mad at me Im trying to help you.To choke means to absolutely fall flat on your face and not even be able to make any kind of play what soever.Example,,larry bird steps to the foul line to shoot one to win the game.He shoots and misses.to choke would be Larry bird steps up to the line and shoots a complete airball no where near the rim.Thats choking.see what i mean
I would say his throws were slightly off due to his older body not doing what his brain is telling him to do.Miscommunication with his receivers.I just dont think he chokes Fritz.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Fritz dont get mad at me Im trying to help you.To choke means to absolutely fall flat on your face and not even be able to make any kind of play what soever.Example,,larry bird steps to the foul line to shoot one to win the game.He shoots and misses.to choke would be Larry bird steps up to the line and shoots a complete airball no where near the rim.Thats choking.see what i mean

I wasn't mad, sorry if it sounded like it. It depends on your definition of the world: I say choking means blowing big games by making plays that you'd normally be able to make in a regular season game or playing below par.
Fritz if you dont care where did you go to high school?
Old school Dawg Wrote:Fritz if you dont care where did you go to high school?

I went to CovCath for my first four years, but I was in a car wreck my sophomore year (long story, if you're interested, anybody can PM me, I'll send you the whole story on PowerPoint) so I got held back because I missed most of the year, so I went my fifth year at Dixie cause I could make up a bunch of credits and graduate after my fifth year.
Did you go to the covcatholic Johnson Central game?
Old school Dawg Wrote:Did you go to the covcatholic Johnson Central game?

Yep
Fritz you guys were a very powerful team and I thought Central played very good against a superior team.Did they ever have you nervous.You guys wore them down.