Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Summer Rankings

1. Harlan Co.
2. Corbin
3. South Laurel
4. North Laurel
5. Knox Central
6. Pineville
7. Barbourville
8. Whitley Co.
9. Clay Co.
10. Bell Co.

Players to watch....Carnes, Broughton, Carmichal, Taylor, Turner, Grubb
North could drop down a couple of spots if the rumors are true. Gray to Jackson and Sizemore to hazard.:yikes:
Bulldog nation Wrote:North could drop down a couple of spots if the rumors are true. Gray to Jackson and Sizemore to hazard.:yikes:

There is 0% chance that either of those things happen.
Bulldog nation Wrote:North could drop down a couple of spots if the rumors are true. Gray to Jackson and Sizemore to hazard.:yikes:

Haven't heard either of those rumors. That would definitely be a big blow to North.
I also heard Sizemore to Hazard rumor. Doesn't he live in Leslie County?
If Sizemore did leave I wouldn't blame him. They have crapped on him the whole time he has been there. The kid has worked his guts out and they bring in a guy from West Virginia to start over him. The kid is a gym rat!! I heard they are trying to bring in another kid from Barbourville that would hurt his playing time.
Sizemore lives in laurel co but his dad works in Leslie.
They offered Sizemores dad to come coach as well.
I'd put South ahead of Corbin........they will still have a solid core of players back this year.
Hearing Taylor boys are leaving Corbin. Any truth in that?
I heard Sizemore to hazard is a done deal. Any truth to that??
I heard everybody staying put. Confusednicker:
We're a bit too high. But we have a chance to get there
Here's a shot at it

1. South Laurel
2. Corbin
3. North Laurel
4. Harlan County
5. Clay County (I just can't put them lower)
6. Barbourville
7. Knox Central
8. Whitley County
9. Pineville
10. Lynn Camp
Updated rankings

1. Harlan Co.
2. Corbin
3. SL
4. NL
5. Clay Co.
6. Pineville
7. Knox Central
8. Barbourville
9. Whitley Co.
10. Bell Co.

Harlan County beat SL in the mountain classic (with Taylor and Griffin in their lineup) and followed that up with a win at South in the summer. They also beat Corbin in the regional tournament pretty handily. I would say Harlan County is #1 right now, until someone proves otherwise.

Players to watch...Broughton, Carmichal, Taylor, Carnes, M. Turner, Sexton, Lefevers, Hopkins, Grubb
TheProfessor33 Wrote:Updated rankings

1. Harlan Co.
2. Corbin
3. SL
4. NL
5. Clay Co.
6. Pineville
7. Knox Central
8. Barbourville
9. Whitley Co.
10. Bell Co.

Harlan County beat SL in the mountain classic (with Taylor and Griffin in their lineup) and followed that up with a win at South in the summer. They also beat Corbin in the regional tournament pretty handily. I would say Harlan County is #1 right now, until someone proves otherwise.

Players to watch...Broughton, Carmichal, Taylor, Carnes, M. Turner, Sexton, Lefevers, Hopkins, Grubb

Even though South beat Corbin twice this summer? (and since we're bringing up last year, the district championship.) Souths game against Harlan this summer was very misleading. South starters and jv played the 1st half, and their 8th graders and jv played 12:00 of the second half against Harlan starters.

One thing that has stood out this summer, is that Harlan plays about 6-7 kids, and Carmichael and Spurlock never come out. While every other team is playing starters all the way down to middle school age kids. I would put NL ahead of Harlan and Corbin. I would also move Knox up more. They'll be a lot better than people think.
You do know that Harlan County made it to the semifinals of the regional tournament last year and did not lose anyone. As I mentioned, they beat South (with Taylor and Griffin)at the mountain classic. Also beat Corbin by 15 or 16 in the regional tourny. I think South and Corbin played their starters in these games...lol
Also, how are you ranking NL ahead of Harlan Co. and Corbin?
The Black Bears will be the team to beat in the 13th...
Does the Sizemore kid play football too?
Has the kid ended up at hazard or No?
callmecrazy33 Wrote:Even though South beat Corbin twice this summer? (and since we're bringing up last year, the district championship.) Souths game against Harlan this summer was very misleading. South starters and jv played the 1st half, and their 8th graders and jv played 12:00 of the second half against Harlan starters.

I couldn't argue with anyone who ranks South No. 1 going into the season. They are still a very good and well-coached team.
I saw the scrimmage and Harlan County led the entire first half until South made a run and went up by 3 at the half with the starters for both sides playing. Considering the scrimmage was at South, I'd say that shows the two teams are about even.
The HCHS coach had his first six playing varsity scrimmages and his 7th player down to 14 playing JV. The JV group played two games that evening, so I think the idea was to get his varsity kids work against a very good team in South. It's not his fault how the other coach decides to sub in a varsity game. I think South had four incoming freshman to start the second half. HCHS outscored them 12-2 before the regular came back in the game.
Remind me again HCS,,,,it was the basketball team (and NOT the football team), that didn't lose anyone!!

Confusednicker:

I cannot wait for basketball season to start! This will be a great year for HCHS, and so much fun to watch!!
The football team has 19 of 22 starters back, so that's quite a bit in football. They did lose their leading rusher in Cornett and two good defensive linemen in Kidwell and Day, plus a good kicker in Kelly.
The basketball teams lost no starters, neither boys nor girls.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:You do know that Harlan County made it to the semifinals of the regional tournament last year and did not lose anyone. As I mentioned, they beat South (with Taylor and Griffin)at the mountain classic. Also beat Corbin by 15 or 16 in the regional tourny. I think South and Corbin played their starters in these games...lol

I know Harlan got beat double digits by Clay in the semis last year. Same team that South pounded all year. All of which means nothing this year. If I'm not mistaken, South had Harlan down 7 with 2:00 left in the Mountain classic and blew that one. Which means nothing. They did have Taylor and Griffith. Not Griffin. But some people are putting way too much into this summer ball stuff. But like I said, Harlan seems to be playing to win every game this summer, while everyone else is getting young kids some pt. Biggest thing that Harlan has going for them next year, is if they have the region at Harlan like I I keep hearing. But as far as the top 4 teams, I think you could draw them out of a hat between South, North, Harlan, and Corbin.
You still didn't answer my question. How would anyone have North ranked ahead of Corbin and Harlan County? I do agree about the top 4 though. Any given night either if the 4 could win it.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:You still didn't answer my question. How would anyone have North ranked ahead of Corbin and Harlan County? I do agree about the top 4 though. Any given night either if the 4 could win it.

Because North has more talent. Obviously that hasn't meant squat for 3 years now, but I think with Broughton a senior this year, and not wanting to go out early in the region again, that makes them very dangerous. Add to that, the fact that Sizemore, Gray, and Nicely has another year of experience and bad taste in their mouth from getting bounced early in the region. Asher also causes match up problems with both of those teams. Just one man's opinion though.
North needs to get it done this year.
bac2369 Wrote:Does the Sizemore kid play football too?
Has the kid ended up at hazard or No?
No he does not play football and as of now he is still at north as far as I know.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:You still didn't answer my question. How would anyone have North ranked ahead of Corbin and Harlan County? I do agree about the top 4 though. Any given night either if the 4 could win it.

#1 Harlan Co. #2 S. Laurel #3 N. Laurel #4 Corbin. I agree any of 4 could win it. :popcorn:
This is Harlan Co's to lose this yr. Veteran bunch and region will be at Harlan Co
Pages: 1 2