Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region summer ball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I understand it's just summer ball and teams/coaches take various approaches to it. But what teams and players have impressed? What team has improved most so far?
I watched Corbin, south Laurel and north Laurel last week. Corbin was better than I expected. (Much better) The transfer from Knox really helps them out. They beat Lincoln and lost to North. North like most didn't have everyone but looked like they were searching for answers against Pulaski but played much better against Corbin. South lost to Pulaski and Lincoln but you could still see the talent. I think the Collett girl will be a stud this year and the Steele girl is much improved.
Clay County is having a outstanding summer so far. Heard South Laurel looked good in Tennessee this week going 4-0 the last two days. Also, I've seen Corbin and they look good as well.
Hearing Bell County and Harlan County are not having great summer ball seasons.
Harlan County and Harlan were both 5-1 at Union last week. Harlan lost to Harlan County by six and Harlan County lost to Clay by one for their only losses.
The Harlan County JV group beat everyone bad, if I remember correctly
Olred Wrote:I watched Corbin, south Laurel and north Laurel last week. Corbin was better than I expected. (Much better) The transfer from Knox really helps them out. They beat Lincoln and lost to North. North like most didn't have everyone but looked like they were searching for answers against Pulaski but played much better against Corbin. South lost to Pulaski and Lincoln but you could still see the talent. I think the Collett girl will be a stud this year and the Steele girl is much improved.
Steele was much improved last year but Troy would not give her the game time she needed.
ky playmaker Wrote:Steele was much improved last year but Troy would not give her the game time she needed.

That was going to be my response as well. I've watched South three times this summer and Amerah Steele led them in scoring 2 or 3. Looks like she is going to get her chance under Coach Walker.
Has anyone heard anything about Toni McCombs? Heard one day she was at Clay County, the next day at Corbin, then played with Knox yesterday!
Watched some good basketball today at Southwestern and Pulaski County.
Southwestern, South Laurel, Lincoln Co, and Clay County all looked good today. Didn't get to watch Wayne County or North Laurel but I heard Wayne beat Clay.
Somerset beat Wayne County in the 5pm game, 45-41.
South beat pulaski at pulaski today 43-37
ky playmaker Wrote:Steele was much improved last year but Troy would not give her the game time she needed.
Yea...the Coach of the Year didn't know who to play.
South Laurel 51, Wayne County 47. @pulaski gym
Somerset 57, Corbin 49. @Southwestern gym.
Pulaski County beat Wayne County
Southwestern beat Clay County
South Laurel beat Wayne County
Somerset beat McCreary Central
Clay County beat Corbin
South Laurel beat Pulaski County

All from today at Pulaski County and Southwestern
Derrick Akal from Harlan was the 13th region girls coach of the year.
South beat bell co pretty bad yesterday at south. South beat knott co by around 12-14
Potato famine hit London yesterday. There was no "mash taters" to be found when Knott rolled into South....
Good win for South. Knott will be rated No. 1 in the 14th.
Harlan County 42, Letcher Central 27

Harlan County won two of three Monday at LMU against Tennessee teams.
Harlan County 46, Bell County 22
at Corbin HS
Harlan County 68, Pulaski County 34
Harlan County 54, Corbin 27
Pulaski over Corbin by around 4 points (didn't get final score)
Games at Bell County on Friday 17

(Varsity) Clay County 44 Bell County 22
(JV) Clay County 22 Bell County 15
(Varsity) Clay County 58 Barbourville 26
(Varsity) Bell County 42 Barbourville 19
Games today at Bell County

Will post the scores as they go final

The teams are: Bell County, Claiborne, TN, and Corbin
(Varsity) Bell County 38 Claiborne, TN 26
(JV) Bell County 34 Claiborne, TN 28
(Varsity) Corbin beat Claiborne, TN (Don't remember the score)
(JV) Corbin 26 Bell County 15
(Varsity) Corbin 40 Bell County 20
CA3 Wrote:Clay County is having a outstanding summer so far. Heard South Laurel looked good in Tennessee this week going 4-0 the last two days. Also, I've seen Corbin and they look good as well.
Hearing Bell County and Harlan County are not having great summer ball seasons.

Harlan County girls finished summer at 14-2.
Harlan finished summer at 10-4.

Those 2 will be in the top five preseason rankings, along with South, North and Clay.
South beat breathitt and knott co today at breathitt. South was a little short handed. Katie Reynolds. Rebecca phelps and Emma hibbitts didn't play today. Good wins on the road
Hoping this good run this summer is a sign of things to come for our girls team at Clay.
Pages: 1 2