Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Myrtle Beach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm hoping to go to Myrtle this summer! What are some ideas on nice hotels right downtown that will fit a limited budget? Up to like maybe 100 a night!
Well, Patricia Grand is kinda expensive, but we got a great deal on it last summer.
We always stay at the Windsurfer in the annex building. Not the best in the world but not the worst either. The annex is a small 3 story building right on the beach. There is also an apartment above the main desk that is affordable as well.http://www.windsurferhotel.com/
Sandy Beach Resorts is where we stayed. Amusement Park straight across the road. Prices are decent BUT parking is a B****. Nice rooms and the staff was VERY nice!
Here is the link....

http://www.beachtrips.com/
The Pavilion amusement park is no longer there. Last year when we went it was the final farewell.

I recommend going to Barefoot landing and Broadway on the beach. Interesting shopping experience.
It isn't the Pavilion that was across from us.... We were on the other end of the beach.... We didn't even go to the Pavilion.... I guess the kids were just not interested!! When I was smaller and went that was the best part of going to the beach.... that and "The Attic"... LOL....
The Windsurfer is about half way between both of the amusement parks. Around the second avenue pier. Easy walking distance to town.
Not very pet friendly area as I recall.
hmmm...idk but goodluck to you can't wait to get back to the beach!
I love Myrtle Beach, its one of my favorite places to goto for vacation!
Breakers!!! Every year!!
Keep em coming i appreciate the ideas!
Doc Holliday Wrote:Not very pet friendly area as I recall.

I have never had any problems when I take my wife with me......
Midee1 Wrote:I have never had any problems when I take my wife with me......

:thatsfunn
OMG..1 of the best posts ever made on BGR!!!

Brave man.....brave man:notworthy
phs1986 Wrote:Sandy Beach Resorts is where we stayed. Amusement Park straight across the road. Prices are decent BUT parking is a B****. Nice rooms and the staff was VERY nice!
Here is the link....

http://www.beachtrips.com/

This is the motel I was going to reccomend. We have stayed there about 5 years in a row now. PHS Family Kingdom is the amusement park that is right across the road.

Side note, there is a killer bar right beside it. Macadoo's Beach bar I think.
I love Myrtle Beach! I can't remember where we stayed last summer... but the motel BC and phs said looks nice
BC75 Wrote:This is the motel I was going to reccomend. We have stayed there about 5 years in a row now. PHS Family Kingdom is the amusement park that is right across the road.

i stayed there cant remember the name
The Fan Wrote:i stayed there cant remember the name

Sandy Beach Resort.
BC75 Wrote:This is the motel I was going to reccomend. We have stayed there about 5 years in a row now. PHS Family Kingdom is the amusement park that is right across the road.

Well.... I wasn't gonna mention the bar!! LOL... AND thanks for fillin me in on the amusement park name...... for the life of me I could not remember it!!
Well if your going to South Myrtle Beach you have to stay at Coral Beach Resort. Its got like 5 pools, Kareoke Bar out on the Beach. Also it like walking distance from the Pavillion.
BC75 Wrote:Sandy Beach Resort.

We stayed here as well....loved it.
15th, I was hoping that you remembered the name of our hotel because I can't think of iti either. It was really nice.

It had 2 hottubs, a lazy river, an indoor pool area, an outdoor pool area, beachfront, nice bar beside the pool..I liked it there.
I stayed at the Captain's Quarters last summer it was really nice had a bowling alley and arcade swimming pools and lazy rivers pretty sweet I just want sumthing diff and a lil cheaper b/c itll prolly be less ppl going this summer
-STAT- Wrote:I love Myrtle Beach, its one of my favorite places to goto for vacation!

Yea me too.
You kept her on a leash!
Old school Dawg Wrote:You kept her on a leash!

True but that wasn't the problem. The problem was how do I carry the pooper scooper.
Midee1 Wrote:True but that wasn't the problem. The problem was how do I carry the pooper scooper.

OMG!!! Midee when she reads this you will SOOOOOO be in the doghouse NOT in a hotel on your next Myrtle Beach trip!!!! LMAO......
phs1986 Wrote:OMG!!! Midee when she reads this you will SOOOOOO be in the doghouse NOT in a hotel on your next Myrtle Beach trip!!!! LMAO......

Agreed:thumpsup:
Pages: 1 2