Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What class will Perry Central Football be in 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive heard that perry has moved down to 2A . Is this true ?
Teams can't just go to any class you want. You are classified by number of male students at each school. You can move up one class but you can't go down any. Perry is a 4a but has opted up to 5a.
^
What he said. Although if I were Perry I'd move to 4A in the next alignment and not opt up to 5A
Don't know if this is true or not but I know the enrollment of a lot of schools in this area is going down as people have to move away to find work.
Through the 2018 season Perry County is in District 8 -5A the new realignment does not take affect until the 2019 season. The alignment that took affect in 2015 runs through the 2018 season.
Unless there is a 20% decline in enrollment. That is a lot, don't see that much of a drop in enrollment.
If I was Perry I would much rather play Letcher, Harlan, and South Laurel compared to getting stomped by Johnson Central and Ashland Blazer
Real Badman Wrote:If I was Perry I would much rather play Letcher, Harlan, and South Laurel compared to getting stomped by Johnson Central and Ashland Blazer

Im not sure how it would adjust the districts but there's a good chance that they could end up in Knox and rocks district instead of JC.
Bring in the same region doesn't matter. You've got to play good football no matter what class your in when it comes to taking a region. I could see them being put with clay, knox, and rock.
I'd have to look at the numbers but that would also mean the biggest 4A school would be bumped to 5A so that could play a factor if it was one of the teams in that region.