Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th regional tournament draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At Lynn Camp High School, beginning Monday.
11:00 Corbin vs. Harlan Co.
1:30 North Laurel vs. Barbourville
4:00 Knox Central vs. South Laurel
6:30 Middlesboro vs. Clay Co.
Semifinals, Tuesday 5 & 7:30, championship Thursday at 6:00.
If south can get by knox I could see a south vs north final
Results from yesterday.

Corbin 10 - Harlan Co. 0
North Laurel 4 - Barbourville 3
Knox Central 9 - South Laurel 4
Middlesboro 8 - Clay Co. 4
The North-Barbourville game was actually 3-2. A couple of inexplicable pitching decisions, Harlan Co. not starting Jared Sizemore against Corbin, (Sizemore may very well be the best pitcher in the region) and South Laurel not starting Braden Miller against Knox Central. Granted KC hit the ball well off Miller after he did come in, you just wonder how the game would have looked if he had started. The Harlan Co. coach was talking about strategy and trying to win the whole thing, last time I checked if you lose you can't win the whole thing. Win the game you are playing, you can never be sure what the other teams are gonna do. What if Bville had upset North, they nearly did? You could have probably beaten them without Sizemore, then you are in the finals. Every year somebody gets held out, and invariably that team loses. Oh well, Sizemore is eligible for Harlan Co.'s next game. In March, 2017.
Van Hagar Wrote:The North-Barbourville game was actually 3-2. A couple of inexplicable pitching decisions, Harlan Co. not starting Jared Sizemore against Corbin, (Sizemore may very well be the best pitcher in the region) and South Laurel not starting Braden Miller against Knox Central. Granted KC hit the ball well off Miller after he did come in, you just wonder how the game would have looked if he had started. The Harlan Co. coach was talking about strategy and trying to win the whole thing, last time I checked if you lose you can't win the whole thing. Win the game you are playing, you can never be sure what the other teams are gonna do. What if Bville had upset North, they nearly did? You could have probably beaten them without Sizemore, then you are in the finals. Every year somebody gets held out, and invariably that team loses. Oh well, Sizemore is eligible for Harlan Co.'s next game. In March, 2017.
I have to say VH that you are almost always spot on with your analysis of the baseball action in this region. I could say much more, but I think I will just be nice and say that there is no way I would have not started Sizemore in the Corbin game yesterday. As for SL not starting Miller, I would very much disagree with that move as well.
Van Hagar Wrote:The North-Barbourville game was actually 3-2. A couple of inexplicable pitching decisions, Harlan Co. not starting Jared Sizemore against Corbin, (Sizemore may very well be the best pitcher in the region) and South Laurel not starting Braden Miller against Knox Central. Granted KC hit the ball well off Miller after he did come in, you just wonder how the game would have looked if he had started. The Harlan Co. coach was talking about strategy and trying to win the whole thing, last time I checked if you lose you can't win the whole thing. Win the game you are playing, you can never be sure what the other teams are gonna do. What if Bville had upset North, they nearly did? You could have probably beaten them without Sizemore, then you are in the finals. Every year somebody gets held out, and invariably that team loses. Oh well, Sizemore is eligible for Harlan Co.'s next game. In March, 2017.

You have to win that first game, so unless you have a #2 who is very close to being the #1 or if your team is decidedly better, better go with your ace. Corbin threw their best and was able to pull him after 2 innings due to the big lead, so he has innings left this week if they can advance.
Middlesboro and Clay both threw their number ones at each other, now Middlesboro may not have too much of a shot at beating KC tonight, but at least they have a shot because they are still playing. And if they could pull the upset, I think McCullough may be able to come back Thursday, not sure what his total pitch count was. We (North) probably won't start our number one (Greibel) tonight against Corbin, probably go with Messer our number 2. Corbin has Brock (their number one) back available after yesterday's fiasco. The Redhounds really worry me, they are better as a whole than their individual pieces would seem to add up to, and they are playing with a lot of confidence right now. Gonna be a very tough semi for us.
I think the Panthers have a shot, one game at a time. Middlesboro is playing above their heads and are very dangerous. Good luck Panthers.
Got to win the one you are playing come region time
I knew they were dangerous, 10 innings. We move on. Panthers and Jags, Good luck Panthers.
I think the team's that were the best in the region have made the finals. Both had some stumbles (10 losses each), but still two quality teams, split one-run games in the regular season. With both aces (Hill for KC and Greibel for North) ready to go, should be a great championship game.
I think that corbin starting the same pitcher as the day before was a mistake. I doubt he had done that any other time this year, didnt matter though cause north laurel is the much better team.