Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Asst. Coaches in the 15th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are the best asst. coaches in the 15th region? The head coaches always get the glory so who helps the most as far as scouting and gameplanning?
Coach Shockey from Pikeville is a good one...
Courtney Mercer and Paula Coomer from PC--Definately. Mercer helps awesome with the gaurds, Coomer with the posts. You can also see how well they do coaching by how much their girls care for them.
Courtney Mercer and Paula Coomer from PC
Joe Marson at sf
best asst. girls coach you would have to mention steve shelton at p-burg.
Johnny Alvin-SV
Johnnie Alvin from Shelby Valley. That man puts his heart into that team. When those girls are running up and down the floor in practice, he is right there with them pushing them every step of the way. You see him directing the girls just as much as you do Napier.
Terry Morgan at East Ridge really gets after them.
I would have to say Coach Alvin from Valley. I had the chance to play for him and he is great. He knows about the sport, he cares about the girls, and does everything he can to help you on and off the court!!!!!
LadyKatFan Wrote:Johnnie Alvin from Shelby Valley. That man puts his heart into that team. When those girls are running up and down the floor in practice, he is right there with them pushing them every step of the way. You see him directing the girls just as much as you do Napier.

I agree! coach alvin is probaly one of the best around! he only wants the best for the sv team!
Shockey from Pikeville, also Belfry has a nice assistant coaching staff, Keith May is a very good coach and a good guy.
There are alot of good assistant coaches in the 15th region. Some of them have been head coaches already in high school (Coach Shockey). Some of them will be head coaches soon or later in their careers(Johnny Alvin). Some have turned down head coaching jobs already to stay where they are. The rumors are that some people are trying to get Keith May to become a head coach next year. Where will he be??????Confusedhh:
Shockey from Pikeville is a pretty good assistant. I think she played ball at UK. The other assistant coach at Pikeville is attending Pikeville College. I dont really know how good she is yet, but she sure is pretty.

That last comment may have been off topic, but she is.
Alvin from Valley, and May from belfry are two of the best in my opinion.
sportsfreak2 Wrote:There are alot of good assistant coaches in the 15th region. Some of them have been head coaches already in high school (Coach Shockey). Some of them will be head coaches soon or later in their careers(Johnny Alvin). Some have turned down head coaching jobs already to stay where they are. The rumors are that some people are trying to get Keith May to become a head coach next year. Where will he be??????Confusedhh:
One would think he would already have been "discovered" as long as he has been on the block. He is a great coach, I have seen some of the products of his previous teams and he does a wonderful job motivating the athletes and really teaches the fundamentals of the game. Best of luck where ever he ends up at, I am sure it will be a plus to any program to have him on their sidelines, in any sport.
Keith is a good guy and good coach and no matter what he was to do Belfry would wish him the best.
???
I thought that May was the head coach at Belfry? I have notice he does most of the coaching.
:dontthink I have seen pretty much every game they have played, as a parent I appreciate the decision making shown by Coach Stiltner and her staff. They work well together and this is what teamwork and coaching is all about.

Coach May just yells really loud and it is never out of turn, the coaching staff works well and they show mutual respect for each other's coaching talents and abilities. Don't read more into the situation than is really there.
This group is playing well and the coaching staff is unified in their coaching decisions, Coach May seems to follow Coach Stiltner's leads.
:Thumbs:
Coach Napier from TigerTown.
Yeah Coach Stiltner is the main coach, and may I add a fine one. I have to admit at the hire at frist I was a little disapointed and thoguht they could do better, but she has been outstanding. I hope she spenda long time at Belfry.