Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region District Tournaments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With a lot of different teams playing good baseball, could there be any upsets in the 49th, 50th, 51st, or 52nd districts? Could Jackson County upset Clay in the 49th? Could Williamsburg and Whitley finally advance to the Region Tournament? Will Harlan be able to make another run towards the 52nd District Championship and could Bell knock off Middlesboro? A lot of questions to be answered early next week! Good luck to ALL teams in the 13th!
The way I see it, North (vs. OBI) and Knox Central (vs. Pineville) are locks, and Middlesboro (vs. Bell Co.) and is close to one. But all five of the other games at least have some upset possibilities. Harlan has beaten Harlan Co. this year, but I think Sizemore is too good on the mound for the Black Bears to lose this one. Jackson Co. is very much improved, and Clay has been both really good and really bad at times, so the Generals have a shot, but I'll go with Clay. Williamsburg has played surprisingly well, but I can't see them getting by Corbin in this spot. Same with Lynn Camp, improved, but I don't see them beating Barbourville. The really intriguing game to me is Whitley/South. Whitley is 23-11, South is 8-18, Whitley is the higher seed----yet most would see it as an upset if Whitley won. And so would I, I don't think they beat Braden Miller in an elimination game.
Interested to see the Whitley/South game on Monday.
I've been watching baseball at Whitley for a long time.
My very first game was back in 99 or 00 when Whitley was up 7 to 0 on corbin going into the 7th inning and Corbin won something like 14 to 7.
Since that time I've watch melt downs time and time again.
Whitley was up 5 to 0 last night on South and blew it. They were up 6 to 5 heading into the 7th and south won 11 to 6.
It's like a replay that won't stop. The Whitley county melt down special every single year.
Panthers playing well as of now. Best of Luck moving forward.