Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg's Coach has been let go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
anyone interested, please feel free to apply. We need a knowledgeable coach that has a work ethic to start a feeder program and develop from the ground up. A coach that doesn't accept failure but also will teach the skills needed to develop an athlete. Not knocking the past coaches, when making these requests either. These comments have nothing to do with the previous coach & her develpment either. We just need someone that will accept the task and appreciate what can be developed if that coach can be a teacher and coach of the game as well. The feeder program is (1) 3rd and 4th team & (1) 5th & 6th team. you need to create #s and develop basketball skills at an earlier age. But with that said, the new coach must put that time in to prosper at this small school. Hard sale......... but it is a great school that cares about their student athletes.
Potential to have a good team in the future. Lot's of hard work can fix a lot of problems.
New administration wanting to go in a different direction...As Cellking said there is lots of potential there with a young team coming back...
In this Coaches 2 seasons. 14 wins 40 losses and got beat in District by 28 and 35. Not real good.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:In this Coaches 2 seasons. 14 wins 40 losses and got beat in District by 28 and 35. Not real good.

This was actually an improvement over the 2 years previous though, when the record was 11 wins and 47 losses, with district losses by 43, 42, 40 and 39.
SEKYFAN Wrote:This was actually an improvement over the 2 years previous though, when the record was 11 wins and 47 losses, with district losses by 43, 42, 40 and 39.

Did not really realize this. I have not kept up with girls basketball the last few years. Neither is anything to brag about. :Sad04:
Went back and did a little digging. In last 4 years Lady Jackets were 28-81 bad beats in District all 4 years. Before this in 7 years they were 95-88 and still no trips to Regional Tourney. Challenge for someone. Good Luck to New Coach.
All the best players go to Whitley or Corbin don't they? Gonna take more than one person to do all the things listed in the first post. But I do understand you need someone to head it up. You have to start working the kids hard by 2nd or 3rd grade. To many people these days just say, oh its just girls, it don't matter they will get better as they get older. NOT TRUE. Gotta do them just like the boys.
Anyone hear any names being tossed around?????
Sarah Elliott is a name I'm hearing.
Sarah Elliott, has been a name mention several times for this job.
who is Sarah Elliott?
baller1989 Wrote:who is Sarah Elliott?

That was my first thought. I think she was an Asst. Coach at South Laurel. I would think Williamsburg would want someone with Head Coaching experience. JMO:Cheerlead
Sarah Elliott was the big girl that played at Jackson County and UK.
I don't think it will be her though. I've been hearing in house somebody the ad wants that's already there. It's not a female.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Sarah Elliott was the big girl that played at Jackson County and UK.
I don't think it will be her though. I've been hearing in house somebody the ad wants that's already there. It's not a female.

I was told by someone who knows, that no one in the system wanted the job.
Confusedhh:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:I was told by someone who knows, that no one in the system wanted the job.
Confusedhh:

You could very well be right, but I think the position has already been filled. Time will tell by the end of next month.
[quote=RunItUpTheGut]You could very well be right, but I think the position has already been filled. Time will tell by the end of next month.

If filled why not go ahead and announce who it is ? Why take applications and do interviews? :igiveup:
supposedly one that is wanting it, would not be a good choice considering the relationship they have at the school and players. probably wouldn't be good for morale and growth in the program
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:If filled why not go ahead and announce who it is ? Why take applications and do interviews? :igiveup:

Because it isn't legal. Has to be posted.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Because it isn't legal. Has to be posted.

Just a Coaching position don't have to be posted. If person works as a teacher only thing that would have to be posted would be teaching position, Not Coaching. Got no Dog in fight, Good Luck with whom ever they hire.:Clap:
Not real sure about this one. Precious coached worked her butt off getting these girls ready for this upcoming season. Really thought she had it going in the right direction.
When will they hire a new coach? Anyone Know ??
Interviews should start within a week or so...
Good looking bunch of young players. Could take a big step forward this year.
Any word on this job? What's some names being tossed around?
Coach03 Wrote:Any word on this job? What's some names being tossed around?

It's real hush, hush. Confusedhh: Usually by now everyone knows who has a shot and who don't.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Sarah Elliott was the big girl that played at Jackson County and UK.

Gut I think you may be right about an in house getting the job. Can't understand why they would put people out by having them fill out applications and all if they know who it will be. JMOConfusederiously:
Have a couple of good candidates. New administration put a search committee together rather than Superintendant just picking someone without a true search like the last two hires.
Doesn't matter. Going to go in the direction of "daddy ball" and will lose half the team.
First round of interviews going on....
Pages: 1 2 3 4