Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lady Owls #10.. Mountain top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Lady Owsley are now #10 in the Mountain top 10.... I believe this may be a first. See anyone from anywhere can do anything they set their minds to... I'm so proud of the Lady Owls you've proved EVERYONE wrong.:letsparty
Are the Hazard Bulldogs ranked??? Jus wonderin
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Are the Hazard Bulldogs ranked??? Jus wonderin

Nope.....my bad...they arent
This is the first time that the Lady Owls have EVER been ranked in the Mountain Top Ten!
Congratulations Girls, keep up the good work!
:letsparty :letsparty :letsparty :letsparty
:wave: Go Lady Owls!!!! You're Awesome!!!!Confusedmallchee
congrats
Owsley County has a fine (13-4) record, but their wins have come against...
Two wins versus...
Buckhorn (5-12)
Lee County (1-15)
Jackson City (1-13)
Jenkins (9-8)
Wolfe Co. (9-8)

One win versus...
Cordia (3-15)
South Floyd (4-9)
Powell Co. (9-8) one loss vs. Powell Co.

Lost to Hazard, Estill County twice
rawlingsfan Wrote:Owsley County has a fine (13-4) record, but their wins have come against...
Two wins versus...
Buckhorn (5-12)
Lee County (1-15)
Jackson City (1-13)
Jenkins (9-8)
Wolfe Co. (9-8)

One win versus...
Cordia (3-15)
South Floyd (4-9)

And your problem is? Remember this is kids, so be happy for them!!!! It is not all about record, but how far they have come since the first of the season. Love you Lady Owls!!! You're # 1 in my books!!!!!
GO LADY OWLS!!! This team has came a long way this year! I'm very proud of this team, its been a wonderful year! It's great to see them on the top 10!! :1::Clap: Keep It Up Ladies!!! GO OWSLEY!!!!:Clap: :Cheerlead
rawlingsfan Wrote:Owsley County has a fine (13-4) record, but their wins have come against...
Two wins versus...
Buckhorn (5-12)
Lee County (1-15)
Jackson City (1-13)
Jenkins (9-8)
Wolfe Co. (9-8)

One win versus...
Cordia (3-15)
South Floyd (4-9)

The only two teams they have played that are any good is Powell...who beat Leslie...and Hazard. IMO there are some much better teams in the mountains that have played alot better competition that need to be in the top 10. But Congrats on being in the top 10 Owsley. Keep up the good work!
Powell hasnt beat Hazard, yet.
TakeItToThaHouse Wrote:Powell hasnt beat Hazard, yet.

I didnt say they did..I said they beat Leslie and the three or four periods I put was suppose to mean and Hazard is the only other team Owsley has played that has a decent record.
They are WAY OVERRATED!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:They are WAY OVERRATED!

I am glad someone said that before I did...lol
thanks Baller25!
Don't really see how they make it in and teams like Lawrence County, Paintsville, Hazard, and Powell County don't make it in. Congrats to them, but I agree that they are overated.
mcfan1 Wrote:Don't really see how they make it in and teams like Lawrence County, Paintsville, Hazard, and Powell County don't make it in. Congrats to them, but I agree that they are overated.

Hazard was in it a couple of weeks ago until Knott beat them. Has Powell cracked the top 10 any this year? I know Knott Central hasnt. They havent been there in a year or so. Unitl Owsley proves that they can beat teams other than Cordia, Buckhorn, Lee County and so on...They will be considered overated.
Never in my life have I seen such a bunch of poor helpless people who have nothing better to do with their time than sit and put down 12-18 year old girls that do what they love doing and thats play ball. Maybe you all just needa sit down and relize what ur doing... yeah I'm the one that started this thread, but you know why?? Cause last year these girl were 6-20.... now look at them. Maybe they are overated but okay put 2 and 2 together.... Beat them and show us that they are... maybe we did just beat buckhorn wolfe lee cordia powell HELLO!!!! these teams besides buckhorn and jackson city beat owlsey last year.... that has to say something.
HECK WE ARE OVERATED AND WE JUST GOT RUNNER UP IN THE 14 REGION ALL A CLASSIC.... SO BE IT!!!!

WE ARE OWLSEY AND STAND ALONE AND PROUD!!!
People can't understand the fact that one of the smallest if not the smallest school in the 14th region is winning.... GROW UP. :redboxer:
Well we beat you guys...lol Congrats on second.
b-ballislife Wrote:Never in my life have I seen such a bunch of poor helpless people who have nothing better to do with their time than sit and put down 12-18 year old girls that do what they love doing and thats play ball. Maybe you all just needa sit down and relize what ur doing... yeah I'm the one that started this thread, but you know why?? Cause last year these girl were 6-20.... now look at them. Maybe they are overated but okay put 2 and 2 together.... Beat them and show us that they are... maybe we did just beat buckhorn wolfe lee cordia powell HELLO!!!! these teams besides buckhorn and jackson city beat owlsey last year.... that has to say something.
HECK WE ARE OVERATED AND WE JUST GOT RUNNER UP IN THE 14 REGION ALL A CLASSIC.... SO BE IT!!!!

WE ARE OWLSEY AND STAND ALONE AND PROUD!!!
People can't understand the fact that one of the smallest if not the smallest school in the 14th region is winning.... GROW UP. :redboxer:

I love you b-ballislife! VERY well said!
Some people just have a problem that Owsley has a good team this year. Some of the other schools in the mountains are upset because they have to look up to an ALL "A" SCHOOL. Other schools get noticed for there name, and location. Pretty much they get it handed to them on a silver platter! Where as, Owsley has worked there buts off to get this far. I don't understand why others can't be proud of the Lady Owls. I don't think the Lady Owls are over-rated, they have just improved more that others!They are a good group of hard working girls and talanted at that. They have opened a few eyes this year and others are crying because they've came up short. Well cry me a river. I'm sick and tired of people puttin' down our sports. WE HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS TO BE IN THE MOUNTAIN TOP 10 AS ANY OTHER SCHOOLS IN THE MOUNTAINS! SO GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE OWSLEY! WE STAND ALONE, WE STAND PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the Lady Owls for makin' the MOUNTAIN TOP 10 (for the first time in the Girls history)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to the Lady Owls for commin' RUNNER-UP in the 14th region All "A" Classic!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to hte Lady Owls for havin' a 13-5 record!!!!!!!!!!
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Well we beat you guys...lol Congrats on second.

Hazard has a good team and I wish you all the luck at state!
-A little secret between you and me, if that game would have been called right last night, ya'll center (Engle) would've been fouled out in the first 3 minutes. Shhhhh........ we'll keep that a secret!Confusedecret:
pickin'_n_grinnin Wrote:I love you b-ballislife! VERY well said!
Some people just have a problem that Owsley has a good team this year. Some of the other schools in the mountains are upset because they have to look up to an ALL "A" SCHOOL. Other schools get noticed for there name, and location. Pretty much they get it handed to them on a silver platter! Where as, Owsley has worked there buts off to get this far. I don't understand why others can't be proud of the Lady Owls. I don't think the Lady Owls are over-rated, they have just improved more that others!They are a good group of hard working girls and talanted at that. They have opened a few eyes this year and others are crying because they've came up short. Well cry me a river. I'm sick and tired of people puttin' down our sports. WE HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS TO BE IN THE MOUNTAIN TOP 10 AS ANY OTHER SCHOOLS IN THE MOUNTAINS! SO GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE OWSLEY! WE STAND ALONE, WE STAND PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the Lady Owls for makin' the MOUNTAIN TOP 10 (for the first time in the Girls history)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to the Lady Owls for commin' RUNNER-UP in the 14th region All "A" Classic!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to hte Lady Owls for havin' a 13-5 record!!!!!!!!!!

Way To Go B-Ballislife and pickin n grinnin', I MORE than definently agree! What is it with everyone putting Owsley down? Can't you all be happy for this team? They've made a statement this year, and proved MANY people wrong. How many threads have people underestimated these girls talent? So what if they've beat Buckhorn, Lee, and these other teams for their record, they've gave others a dang good run for their money, if not, even showed them up. These girls have hearts of lions and they never give up. I am proud to support these girls with everything...anyone who doesn't know them personally are missing out. I look forward to seeing them next year, after this year is finished up. There are still 10 or so games left in the season, and I can say with confidence that the Lady Owls won't finish this season without surprising everyone once again. Get over yourselves, don't whine because you don't see your team on the list, but be proud for the teams who do get the opportunity to be noticed. Owsley Co.'s girls have worked hard to earn their spot, and you all must be blind not to see it. I don't agree one bit that The Lady Owls are overated, not at all.

GREAT JOB LADY OWLS!! Keep Your Heads Held High, #10...Well Deserved!! :Cheerlead :Clap: :letsparty :Cheerlead
I'm so proud of my Lady Owls.
pickin'_n_grinnin Wrote:Hazard has a good team and I wish you all the luck at state!
-A little secret between you and me, if that game would have been called right last night, ya'll center (Engle) would've been fouled out in the first 3 minutes. Shhhhh........ we'll keep that a secret!Confusedecret:

Well she didnt...and if she did it really wouldnt have mattered for the simple fact that we have a lot of great female athletes in reserves.
How many good players play for Hazard? Slone and the big girl. The big girl isnt even all that good. She is weak. Maybe Owsley just had an off night. So let's not pick on them. So good job Owsley for making it in the top 10.
And another thing, if you know these girls like i do, you would know what makes these girls good its one lil thing called HEART. EVERY game these girls have lost they beat themselfs up over it and went for the kill the next game... These girls do nothing but think basketball. Maybe that’s one thing that ticks you all off... the fact these girls DON’T give up no matter if they are 1 point down 40 points down or 50 points ahead. They play 32 minutes of basketball and leave it ALL on the court... they never go home thinking... I could have played harder and with more heart.... cause they never have had a reason to do such.

Owlsey Stands Alone and Proud.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Well she didnt...and if she did it really wouldnt have mattered for the simple fact that we have a lot of great female athletes in reserves.

PSH!!!!!
congrats to the owls for making the top 10..
you all obviously like making a big deal over every win you get
I didnt say anything about Owsley. Did you know that Brittany Slone, Ashley Hall, Taylor Niece, Molly Maggard, Arielle Engle(the big girl), and Victoria Combs averaged about the same amount of pts rebounds assists and so on.....this season???? SO, get your facts straight...Slone and the big girl are not the only good players for hazard. IDC about whether or not Owsley has worked hardest or whatever....I just dont feel they should be ranked. Its that simple. Regardless of what they have done in previous seasons, and how hard they worked. I am not putting them down, they are a good team.... runners up in the all a. BY LOOKING AT THIS SEASON they are just not good enough to be ranked in my opinion. CONGRATS tho anyway on a good job in the all A. Sorry some people have opinions against Owsley on this thread. WAY TO GO OWSLEY!!!! U still got second.lol
Inyoureye4 Wrote:congrats to the owls for making the top 10..
you all obviously like making a big deal over every win you get

haha..couldnt agree more
Pages: 1 2